• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Hey i went to church this morning

WELL! i think i should like to start a thread to ask wot evryones churches are like? and to say what ya like about your church? because i think they are all difrent. I didnt know this!!!

I went to a church for tha first time today and it was NOT quiet??!! Kool

It was realy big with about well more than 200 people in it i think and they wer mostly young and mediumly old. They didnt sing hyms they sand songs with drums guitars and keybords and bass and also singers and the peiople wer jumpin up and down to the loud beat and wavin ther hands in tha air and hollerin 'yea' and 'go, go' like realy loud.
ok tha guy who spoke from tha bible had a microfone and he was realy kool. he walked about up and down with a whole load of energy and like he couldnt syand still!!! which made me feel gud because i pace up and down too (lol) then he jumped on tha speaker to be a bit higher when he wanted to shout sumthin.

I AM SO XCITED!! it was weird to tho.

so he talked about the sower and tha seed which i hav read and he said 'if ya want to see somethin new in ya life, then ya got to DO somethin new'

'if ya always DO tha same thing, ya will always SEE tha same thing' he was talkin about takin a risk an steppin out for god.

So even tho there was loads of people ther it is not easy to be invisabel for me because everyone keeps askin ya 'are ya new here' and saying 'hello was ya name and welcome' bit like tj (ha!) just bein friendly tho.

I realy liked it. but i didnt know it was gonna be like tha AT ALL.

so please tell me wot your churchs are like and what ya like about them. i would like to kno everything.

Hanni

hiya hanni :D

i think its great that u found such a gud church!!!
Sounds like fun there :D!!!

well my church...
ummm..yeah where do i start???
like every church i guess my church has/had a few problems and yeah that
wasnt so gud cause one of my best friends left the church and went to a different church...
but yeah life goes on....
BUT what i like bout my church is the music...
we have a band and the most like bout everyone is my age....
but there is one guy in it who is nice and so that i think is
kinda the leader and he is older.....
but their really cool and yeah love the worship time :D!!!!
guess cause i love music........

and i also like the ppl at church their all so friendly!!!
and they make u feel important and at home....

O yeah i also like or youth group :D
their all so nice there and in those times i didnt wanne like have anything
to do with them they stiill asked how im doing and so...
and that showed me that they really care bout me :D
so yeah love em all .....

yeah thats a lil bout how my church is.....
and what i like bout it!!!!

god bless
kara

Tim

hi hanni, thats awesome! it sounds just like my church! isnt it gr8 knowing that not all churches are old and boring?! i luv my church, its rli kool, iv been there 7 years now, and im in the band, it givs me gr8 pleasure to b able to play in it and praise god in the way I LIKE!! it puts a smile < > this big on ur face!! well its kool that u found a place u like straight away, i pray u feel welcome there, and it wud feel like a second home to u :D its nice having just like 100 ppl in the church too, it means that u get to know evry1 much better :D i hope u enjoy ur time there,
tim

hey hanni :love: cool deal :love: enjoy the growing procedure keep bouncing back hon :love: God bless you :love:

. . .. and the church deal well . . .hehe. . . uknowme and I go to the same one. . .so . . your informed already

:note: Praise the Lord that you found out not all churches are old and boring! :note:

:note: I rejoice with you that you had a good morning with the Lord in a church that was comfortable for you. :note:

Your sister in Christ,
AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow:

thanks evry1

oh yeah kool. i dont think quiet churchs are boring at all in fact this one is realy kool but mite be a bit in ma face if ya kno what i mean (lol) i wud like to know about other churchs too and what they like.

I wud like hyms and cushons and stuff too because i can sit an think bout stuff and i like bein quiet too.

i neva realisd tha they wer al difrent thas all! kool this one ws kool but shokin too (in a gud way tho) lol

my church

Heather, its good that you have found a church that is live and exciting. God isnt dead and loves it when we praise Him and be ourself as He doesnt want us to pretend.

I have learned tho not to be influenced by whether the church is alive, dead or barely conscious. The key thing is "is God present there?" and the fact that people made you welcome and you can be yourself and feel accepted shows that He is there in your church.

As for my church, mine does allow you to be yourself and isnt too rigid but personally I try not to focus on the trappings and more go there to have a relationship with God :). Maybe its me getting old LOL :D

Anyway Heather, focus on God, know that sometimes He can suprise you and church can be fun but the key thing is that He loves you and the being that made everything wants to get to know you and died for you so that you can be free from any wrong you have done in the past :) what an awesome Dad :D. That means more than however good any band or worship is :)

God bless
David aka the Smiley one :D

Hi all, My church is small and on averadge we get about twenty people who regulary attend sundal services, eventhough there are other people who attend meetings throuought the week.
The great thing about my church is that because it is small we know each other very well and to me it is a family away from home.

hanni

i am soooooooo glad you made it and soooooooooo glad you enjoyed it, especially as it was held in the imposing grounds of fratton park!!

the Lord has blessed you in so many ways my friend and i look forward to continuing this journey together

all the songs you heard and joined in are ones from hillsong, just incase you want to look any of them up :note:

as smilebig said, the key in church as the key in life is to have a real and true personal relationship with our Lord

God bless

scrappy

I like traditional churches.I tried all the mega churches like Shoreline, here in Austin,tx though it is a wonderful church (members) I personally believe Jesus did not want us to get lsot in this earthly "hype" of things. For me I stick to smaller churches with hymnal music,but this is my choice. My congregation has around 100 people, we sing hymnal music; & stil lget the word of God. I know people in big churches get the word of God or they say they do & that's great, but our church focuses more on the bible& less on social activities, the social life we can do in the week,when not in Gods house of worship, but then again I worship him daily. I am glad you had an exciting time, but please make sure this new church focuses & sticks with the bible & not just "opinions" by anyone else. Also when the speaker/pastor is teaching the sermon make sure he does not add nor take away from the bibel message& make sure he refers to scriptures or looks them up often. The best website i found that helped me & gives free dvds on sermons is
[edited by moderator, no links with out permission]
Godbless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow !!!!! Thats wonderful. I'm soooooo happy for you. My mommy and daddy are Alabasterbox and brothersinarmst4g.

Sounds like a good church

Ok the church i got to Heather-Anne is quite lively and had lots of children in it. The whole focus of the church is to raise and train the children and bring the kids in from the community with mid-week clubs and a camp every year.

The whole church participates with this calling and thats one of the things i love about it.

I agree with smile and some others that it is the people who make your experience of church a good one and it is God who is the most important person to be there in spirit. Anything else is subject to change and is down to personal taste i guess.

I am so glad you found a place you like. It it important for you to be 'rooted and grounded in love' Heather-Anne

God Bless

Heather-Anne said:
WELL! i think i should like to start a thread to ask wot evryones churches are like? and to say what ya like about your church? because i think they are all difrent. I didnt know this!!!

I went to a church for tha first time today and it was NOT quiet??!! Kool

It was realy big with about well more than 200 people in it i think and they wer mostly young and mediumly old. They didnt sing hyms they sand songs with drums guitars and keybords and bass and also singers and the peiople wer jumpin up and down to the loud beat and wavin ther hands in tha air and hollerin 'yea' and 'go, go' like realy loud.
ok tha guy who spoke from tha bible had a microfone and he was realy kool. he walked about up and down with a whole load of energy and like he couldnt syand still!!! which made me feel gud because i pace up and down too (lol) then he jumped on tha speaker to be a bit higher when he wanted to shout sumthin.

I AM SO XCITED!! it was weird to tho.

so he talked about the sower and tha seed which i hav read and he said 'if ya want to see somethin new in ya life, then ya got to DO somethin new'

'if ya always DO tha same thing, ya will always SEE tha same thing' he was talkin about takin a risk an steppin out for god.

So even tho there was loads of people ther it is not easy to be invisabel for me because everyone keeps askin ya 'are ya new here' and saying 'hello was ya name and welcome' bit like tj (ha!) just bein friendly tho.

I realy liked it. but i didnt know it was gonna be like tha AT ALL.

so please tell me wot your churchs are like and what ya like about them. i would like to kno everything.

Hanni
Heather Anne, the church you went to sounds a lot like my church It sounds like the people were really worshipping God! It also sounds like the preacher really knew his stuff and that the sermon was an anointed sermon from God.

At my church, we have people who stand at the doors and serve as greeters. They open the doors for folks and say "hello, how are you?" and stuff like that.

A church that truly invites the Spirit of God to come into their services will experience His presence. Keep going. Don't quit. You'll love it.

my church here is alot like yours too. We are between 300-400 people, average about 275 on sundays. we meet in a movie theatre right now but we will be out of there in our own building within a year. Its exciting to be in something thats alive and growing and i feel blessed to be a part of the foundation of it...