• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Help

Hi! My name is shawndell I am strong firm believer in god and I pray and ask for forgivness and I repent but I keep stumbling with lustful thoughts as a young 20 year old virgin Male I dont plan to have sex till marriage I've been baptized two times once as kid and second as a teen. I do feel like jesus coming soon and I mean soon recently trump just decided jersalum was the capital of isreal and they're making plans to rebuild the third temple and a red heifer without blemish was just born which is rare and one hasnt been born since 2000 years ago all these signs are in revelation we are on the cusp until the rapture I'm scared that due to my weakness to my sexual thoughts and masterbation in the past I have lost salvation do I need to be baptized a third time? Do i need to keep praying for forgivness i have not masturbated for months now but my thoughts still freely roam even though I try hard not to think these thoughts. I think maybe it's because Ive felt sexual frustration and loneliness due to not being with the opposite sex but I ask god through my prayers to help me overcome this what should i do

Loyal
As the scriptures say, "walk in the spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh" (Gal 5:16) Hows a person walks in the spirit is by having your mind set on the thing of the spirit. (Romans 8:5) Re newing the "carnal" mind is a must or there will always be the flesh lusting against the spirit, and the spirit against the flesh so you can not do the things you what. This takes time to do in the life of a believer. It takes the power of God to accomplish using the Word of God as both your weapon, and instrument to change your mind. It does get much easier as one grows in the Lord, and the power of his strength. Never give up and if you do stagger, or stumble, confess your sins to God and he will cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

Loyal
Many lustful thoughts are inserted into your head by the evil one and are not sin as they are not your thoughts. But hanging onto them and reveling in them is your sin. So dont feel guilty for them coming into your mind, but do feel conviction if you allow them to bring you into sin.

Active
Hi! My name is shawndell I am strong firm believer in god and I pray and ask for forgivness and I repent but I keep stumbling with lustful thoughts as a young 20 year old virgin Male I dont plan to have sex till marriage I've been baptized two times once as kid and second as a teen. I do feel like jesus coming soon and I mean soon recently trump just decided jersalum was the capital of isreal and they're making plans to rebuild the third temple and a red heifer without blemish was just born which is rare and one hasnt been born since 2000 years ago all these signs are in revelation we are on the cusp until the rapture I'm scared that due to my weakness to my sexual thoughts and masterbation in the past I have lost salvation do I need to be baptized a third time? Do i need to keep praying for forgivness i have not masturbated for months now but my thoughts still freely roam even though I try hard not to think these thoughts. I think maybe it's because Ive felt sexual frustration and loneliness due to not being with the opposite sex but I ask god through my prayers to help me overcome this what should i do

You have not lost salvation because Jesus Christ is faithful as He still abides in you, even in former believers as 2 Timothy 2:13 testifies, but that is why the call to depart from iniquity is given even to former believers to avoid becoming castaways which is a damnation to be received later on as a vessel unto dishonor but still in His House for not departing from iniquity by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin in running that race:

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

So a quick run down on what to do;

#1 Pray to Jesus Christ for help and trust in Him as your Good Shepherd to rely on His help thru out the day.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

#2 Do not make any provision for the flesh to fulfill the lust thereof. So if what you are watching media or listening to music or looking at Swimsuit Issue of Sports Illustrated or even comic books is a provision for the flesh, get rid of it.

Romans 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

#3 Trust Him to help you cast down wicked imaginations by helping you think on good thoughts.

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

2 Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

#4 Read scripture to help remind you and give you strength to resist the devil so that he may flee from you.

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Romans 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

#5 When it comes to habitual sins, don't give up; ask for forgiveness and ask for His help not to do it again and you will find yourself free of sin's dominion over you.

1 John 2:1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Last edited: