• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Help!

Hi

Really in need of some help.
A few months ago I had thoughts in my head by who i was told God to say I was going to die soon and go to hell and my family will all torn their backs on me.
Recently I’ve found out I’m
Dying and haven’t got long left! I’ve been seeing the number of the beast on posters (I saw a nhs emergency fire poster today with 666 on instead of 999. I’ve been seeing ravens even though they aren’t supposed to live in my area, my rosaries have been broken 3 times and 1 of them had holy water in that just disappeared.
I’ve broken all 10 commandments ( the murder was 2 abortions), I’ve been selfish all of my life and many people have suffered because of me. I don’t want to be like this. I’ve asked god for forgiveness but the thoughts in my head from God are saying I don’t have forgiveness. And something deep down is a feeling I’m not sorry! I’ve been bad since I was a child and so selfish. I’m going to hell and have let everyone down. I don’t want to be the person I am. Can’t cope!

Becky

[edit note: copied from Introductions https://www.talkjesus.com/threads/help.61232/

Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Member
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

Today is the day of salvation. While you are here on earth it is never too late to ask Jesus into your heart. You say you want to be born again there is nothing to stop you from giving your heart to Jesus. He is the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through the Son.

Jesus loves YOU.

Here is a link from Chad for you to help you.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?

God bless.

LLJ

Active
Hi

A few months ago I had thoughts in my head by who i was told God to say I was going to die soon and go to hell and my family will all torn their backs on me.
Dying and haven’t got long left! I’ve been seeing the number of the beast on posters (I saw a nhs emergency fire poster today with 666 on instead of 999. I’ve been seeing ravens even though they aren’t supposed to live in my area, my rosaries have been broken 3 times and 1 of them had holy water in that just disappeared.
I’ve broken all 10 commandments ( the murder was 2 abortions), I’ve been selfish all of my life and many people have suffered because of me. I don’t want to be like this. I’ve asked god for forgiveness but the thoughts in my head from God are saying I don’t have forgiveness. And something deep down is a feeling I’m not sorry! I’ve been bad since I was a child and so selfish. I’m going to hell and have let everyone down. I don’t want to be the person I am. Can’t cope!

Becky

Hi Becky, sorry to hear about your predicament. I pray God will help you recover from your illness.

There are some key issues you need to understand about God.

God wants to justify us. He will 'scrape the barrel' looking for evidence of us wanting to be with Him. He literally considers everything we say and do. Your visit here is not unnoticed by Him. Every word you have typed, He has read and memorized. Every thought you thinking. Every word you are whispering.

2. What we need to do to be with God.

God has had ''ONE'' requirement from all of mankind from day one. Sincere repentance of sin. Any sin.

Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

What pleases God.

God is not some tyrant with nonsensical demands. There are no magical prayers or deeds we can perform to gain His favor. All He wants is for our hearts to be after His. To agree with His. To desire from free will what He desires. That is, to ''HATE'' what is evil and wicked. A desire to cling to what is good.

We all sin. We sin daily. We need to ''HATE'' this sin. Hatred of sin is evidenced by sincere repentance. Effort applied toward dealing with sin. Making right with those we hurt. We need to judge ourselves harshly for this, as it seems you are doing. If you repent sincerely and agree that hating sin is good. Then ask Jesus to come into your heart and make Himself feel at home with you.

1 Cor 11:31 If we were more discerning with ourselves, God would not judge us.

Phil 2:12 Work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

Rom 12:9 Genuine love is to hate what is wicked and cling to what is good.

Rev 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Sincere repentance and meeting Jesus go hand in hand. God pays a visit to those after His heart. Matt 16:16-17, 1 Cor 12:3.

4. God loves us. God lay His life down for you and me on the cross, because He wants a relationship with us that is based on a / 'the' depth of love. John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

In the situation you are in, you can choose to either harden your heart to God or soften it. You are showing signs of wanting to soften it. Consider God. I pray you do so properly. I pray you repent of your past sins and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

Last edited:
Staff Member
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8

@Rebecca Hodgson
Greetings,

I am reminded of this same Jesus Who Fragrant Grace, KingJ and ladylovesJesus referred to, helping a woman...

she was condemned to death... she didn't have long to live
Jesus said He did not condemn her... and, go... and sin no more.

Who is condemning you? It is not God, nor His Son.
The devil is a liar and will try to make us believe that God won't forgive us.
We also can add to that and agree to such wicked promptings. But, you must resist the devil. He is a liar, a murderer and a thief . Believe instead in what the Lord says. Believe in Him.
Do not listen to your own reasoning, and please begin to think about good and lovely things.
The more you focus on the dark and evil condemnation and all things of devilish and satanic origin, the more those things you will see.

Look to the Lord and His strength, to His love, to His forgiveness.

The price for you has been paid in full. Will you receive the Gift of Life from the Giver of Life?
It is good and right to think that you do not deserve it. None of us, anywhere, at any time, in all of history, do deserve the grace offered to us in Christ Jesus the Lord. We can not stand upon our own righteousness, but that is OK... God knows that AND has provided for us all His Salvation based on what He has done for us, not on what we have or have not done.

We and in this case, you, need to believe in His love and that love is in His Son, Who loved you and gave Himself for you that you might live.
Today, harden not your heart and enter into His rest.

You are not the first person to ever feel that they can not be forgiven... but trust me please, you can be and you are forgiven.

Please do not push aside His grace. Do not continue to judge your valuation of yourself above His valuation of you, nor your judgment of if you are forgiven above that forgiveness that has been made available to all, including you, who will believe.

I encourage you to read the Gospel of John. If you don't have a heard copy of the Bible, you can read it online.

Thank you for sharing your situation and need with us. Please keep us informed as to your recovery.

Bless you ....><>

Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. And early in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people came unto Him; and He sat down, and taught them. And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto Him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst
They say unto Him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest Thou?
This they said, tempting Him, that they might have to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down, and with His finger wrote on the ground, as though He heard them not. So when they continued asking Him, He lifted up Himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again He stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
When Jesus had lifted up Himself, and saw none but the woman, He said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 8:1-12

Dear Becky, it breaks my heart to see the suffering many go through in this world, and a great many are truly children of God; I pray you are. From your testimony of broken rosaries I assume you are Catholic; I was too, really believe that I was saved there also because I used to pray to God.

I going to attempt to give you the way to be insured of how to know if you’re saved; that is to be saved from hell, and given eternal life, and regardless accusations by Satan, or others will no longer have rule over your life.

There are different scriptures telling us how to become a child of God, and they were told different ways to address circumstances various ones found themselves.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved . .
Act 16:30 . . . what must I do to be saved?
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (those of your house can be saved the same way.)

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:13 . . . whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us.

I’m pasting the following excerpt from a pamphlet I wrote titled “Salvation with Security, We can become fearful when we don’t know the context of how the word “Saved or Salvation” applies to us.

Please consider the following.
“Ephesians 2:8, 9. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Now, if salvation is a gift, we can't do anything to earn it, but you read in (Philippians 2:12) that you must work out your own salvation with all fear and trembling. If God has provided this salvation as a free gift, how am I to add anything to that? There are many different ways that the word salvation is used in the Bible, such as safety from enemies, but I will limit this booklet's teaching to four aspects concerning salvation of the soul.

First - It is provisional. If you accept Jesus as your savior, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9-10) "If you say with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved, (10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Second - When you become saved, it is at this time that you are born again and have overcome the penalty of sin, or become saved from the great white throne judgment and the resulting lake of fire. (Repeating John 5:24), "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." In (Romans 8:1) "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus."

Third - The working out your own salvation referred to in (Philippians 2:12) is learning to overcome the habit of sin in our lives. This is the experiencing part of our salvation and is another step in our growth as a Christian. (2 Peter 1:5-7) tells us to "Add to your faith virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness, brotherly kindness and charity." To realize this growth in our lives, we must learn to begin counting our old man dead. (Romans 6:6) "Knowing this, that our old man (The Adamic nature) is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.” (Ephesians 4:22) “That ye put off concerning the former conversation (Manner of life) the old man who is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;” (Colossians 3:9) “Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds." We all have an old man we should count as dead that still wants to rule our lives. Even though the Apostle Paul knew he was saved, he experienced all kinds of problems with the old man trying to control his life. (Romans 7:14-25) states that (15) he ends up doing that which he hates. In (16,17), Paul realizes that if he agrees that the law is good, then it is no more him that was responsible, but sin that was in him. In looking for an answer he says (24) "Who shall deliver me?" (25) "I thank God through Jesus Christ"

(Romans 8:1). "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus." And in (Romans 8:4) it says that "The righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us (Not by us), who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Fourth - We will be saved from this corrupt world. In (Romans 8:18-23), Paul states (18) "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (21) Because the creature (Creation) itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. (22) For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now." John states in (1 John 3:2) "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

Becky, if you have never received Jesus who paid the cost of sin with His own blood, don’t put it off another moment. You could have broken every commandment seventy times seven times, and the moment you are in Christ you are innocent. Sin no longer has control of you. One last thing I will say to you for this moment is that Jesus says in Heb 13:5 . . . I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

May God reveal to you this very moment just how much He loves you, how much He has paid for you, and how He longs to share eternity with you. Have you way now Lord in this life crying out for help, and we’ll give You the glory for it in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Loyal
Hi

Becky

[edit note: copied from Introductions https://www.talkjesus.com/threads/help.61232/

It is not enough to believe in Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit. You must turn around, change your ways, become a NEW creature not chained by sins of old. You cannot do this on your own, this is the wall you have run up against. You must accept that although YOU have no power to change, God does have the power to change you through Christ, but you must let Him into your life, you must earnestly seek His help and have faith that sinse He has overcome, He can help you to overcome as well.

Glad to pray for you.

Staff Member
It is not enough to believe in Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit. You must turn around, change your ways, become a NEW creature not chained by sins of old. You cannot do this on your own, this is the wall you have run up against. You must accept that although YOU have no power to change, God does have the power to change you through Christ, but you must let Him into your life, you must earnestly seek His help and have faith that sinse He has overcome, He can help you to overcome as well.

Glad to pray for you.

@Rebecca Hodgson
and for your healing, too!

Staff Member
@Rebecca Hodgson
Greetings Becky,

Hi

Becky

How are you?
Please get back to us if and when you can.

and in the meantime, turn to Jesus and know that He wants you to know that He loves you.

Below are the words to a hymn, Rock Of Ages, which I put here for you and pray that in those words you find comfort and hope and the love of Jesus Christ the Lord

Bless you ....><>

---------------------------------------

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Cleanse me from its guilt and pow'r.

Not the labors of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law's demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone:
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Saviour, or I die.

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When my eyelids close in death,
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgment throne;
Let me hide myself in Thee.

Then above the world and sin,
Thro' the veil, drawn right within,
I shall see Him face to face,
Sing the story, saved by grace,
Let me ever be with Thee.

Staff Member
@Rebecca Hodgson

Greetings again,

here is another something for you. Please read it through. May it be a blessing to you and for you.

Bless you ....><>

--------------------------------
Then, again, Christ standing here for us as the representative and revelation of this divine love which He manifests to us, tells us, too, that whilst it is not caused by us, but comes from the nature of God, it is not turned away by our sins.
‘This man, if He were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth Him,’ says the unloving and self-righteous heart, ‘for she is a sinner.’

Ah! there is nothing more beautiful than the difference between the thought about sinful creatures which is natural to a holy being, and the thought about sinful creatures which is natural to a self-righteous being. The one is all contempt; the other, all pity. He knew what she was, and therefore He let her come close to Him with the touch of her polluted hand, and pour out the gains of her lawless life and the adornments of her former corruption upon His most blessed and most holy head. His knowledge of her as a sinner, what did it do to His love for her? It made that love gentle and tender, as knowing that she could not bear the revelation of the blaze of His purity. It smoothed His face and softened His tones, and breathed through all His knowledge and notice of her timid and yet confident approach. ‘Daughter, I know all about it—all thy wanderings and thy vile transgressions: I know them all, and My love is mightier than all these. They may be as the great sea, but my love is like the everlasting mountains, whose roots go down beneath the ocean, and My love is like the everlasting heaven, whose brightness covers it all over.’

God’s love is Christ’s love; Christ’s love is God’s love. And this is the lesson that we gather—that that infinite and divine loving-kindness does not turn away from thee, my friend, because thou art a sinner, but remains hovering about thee, with wooing invitations and with gentle touches, if it may draw thee to repentance, and open a fountain of answering affection in thy seared and dry heart. The love of God is deeper than all our sins. ‘For His great love wherewith He loved us, when we were dead in sins, He quickened us.’

from: Expositions of Holy Scripture: Luke by Alexander Maclaren, (1826-1910)