• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

help

Hi my name is kris I'm new and need help with my relationship with God I did a lot of bad things these past few years and I have been sick because of those things and I know I've been forgiven but my health has not been restored. In the bible it says u will be forgiven and your health restored but He won't heal me . I just wanna know am I doing something wrong am I not worthy to be healed?

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi Kris,

Welcome to the forums. Glad you're here.

You say He won't heal you, that may or may not be the case. Leave it in God's hands. Keep in mind that whatever you sow, you reap (Galatians 6:7). Forgiveness does not mean you won't deal with the earthly consequences of your sin. But, you are forgiven spiritually / eternally for it. He may heal you, but allowing you to go through some pain so that you fully learn from your mistakes. I cannot say absolutely what GOD is doing here, but giving you both sides of the coin so to speak.

I just wanna know am I doing something wrong am I not worthy to be healed?

Jesus on the Cross. It's about Him making us worthy, righteous and redeemed from sin's eternal consequences. He loves you that much, to the Cross. But please keep in mind what I said, every sin has a consequence that you will reap to whatever extent. It doesn't mean GOD stopped loving you. His love is unconditional and is not affected by our performance at all, no matter how much you sin or how close you walk with Him. It's the same unconditional love.

I know he has healed me spiritually and I have learned my lesson but my health is getting to the point where I may need serious medical attention but I know I'm not gonna die cause I know He has a purpose for me but He won't tell me. I'm afraid that if he didn't heal me soon I may loose faith I've also never have been baptised but I've tried to baptised myself was I wrong to do so?

Loyal
Hi my name is kris I'm new and need help with my relationship with God I did a lot of bad things these past few years and I have been sick because of those things and I know I've been forgiven but my health has not been restored. In the bible it says u will be forgiven and your health restored but He won't heal me . I just wanna know am I doing something wrong am I not worthy to be healed?

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." II Cor 12:7-9

Staff Member
giving you both sides of the coin so to speak.

Jesus on the Cross. It's about Him making us worthy, righteous and redeemed from sin's eternal consequences. He loves you that much, to the Cross. But please keep in mind what I said, every sin has a consequence that you will reap to whatever extent. It doesn't mean GOD stopped loving you.
Greetings,

another way to view both sides of the coin is this;
none of us is worthy, and hence the Lord Jesus Christ dying for sin, to redeem us and purchase us
AND
we are worthy, otherwise He wouldn't have loved us or sent His Son to die for us.
When God made man,
31 And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold,it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

Bless you ....><>

Active
I'm afraid that if he didn't heal me soon I may loose faith
Darkness is afraid that your light will break forth as the dawn.
Your faith is the target and your physical body is just a convenient place to apply pressure.

Hold on to the promises in the word,they are bigger and more real than this physical plane.
Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

If God say's I'm healed and man (including ego/self) say's I'm not then I have to decide which is truth.
So I rebuke that illusion of sickness in truth and I shine light on your afflictions because I have the authority to do that in Christ.
Godspeed(let your reality come up to speed with how God sees you) your recovery.

Loyal
You aught to google the story of Joni Erickson and read up on her struggles in life. Our infirmities in life only keep us close to the Lord for His help, for it is in weakness that we become strong in Him!!

Active

RJ

• Where does it say your health will be restored?
  • From what you say about recognizing the bad things you have done and you accept his forgiveness, that is the essentials of being saved.
  • I think it is a good possibility that it is not God's refusing to heal you, but who truly knows God as of yet. I guess it is possible that you could have something similar as Paul's thorn in 2 Corinthians 12. What can be closer to your situation would be 2 Corinthians 12:9, it is in your weakness that God calls your strength.
  • I know it is hard for us all, but look at it this way: Do the best you can do, medicine, doctor's, church, family support, etc., but try to praise God for your "thorn". After all, it has you here among other Christians searching for answers.
  • Your promise from God is eternal and not physical. Try to focus on him more, Bible, church, prayer and thanking him for what he has done for your salvation and just maybe you will see your perspective change!

I know he has healed me spiritually and I have learned my lesson but my health is getting to the point where I may need serious medical attention but I know I'm not gonna die cause I know He has a purpose for me but He won't tell me. I'm afraid that if he didn't heal me soon I may loose faith I've also never have been baptised but I've tried to baptised myself was I wrong to do so?
Hi kriss, I believe you're miss understanding what God mean by having your health restored. It's talking about sin itself...sin is a sickness we are all born with and by excepting Jesus as lord we have our health restored. If it was that easy when you except Jesus Christ as lord and he physically heals you, I believe we would have a lot more Christians in the world. But that doesn't mean he can't heal you, god can do anything. Don't lose your faith because he hasn't done what you've asked for (yet) god answers all prayers but that answer could be yes, no, or not right now. I will pray for you and for God to heal you of any physical sickness.

I thank you all for your answers and my apologies for responding late. In the bible.verses Isaiah 58:8 and Jeremiah 30:17 it talks about having your health restored. And there is another verse that talks about earthy medicines as a quick fix so I do not believe in modern medicines

I thank you all for your answers and my apologies for responding late. In the bible.verses Isaiah 58:8 and Jeremiah 30:17 it talks about having your health restored. And there is another verse that talks about earthy medicines as a quick fix so I do not believe in modern medicines

Hi Kris, welcome!
First thing that i would do is to find every verse in the Bible (stories too) that deal with healing. Then meditate on them till all the doubt is gone. Say them out loud to yourself as many times as you need to daily, just like you would take medication or an asprin. God desires to restore and heal your body! So don't let the devil tell you that God is not, thus stealing your healing. Once you rededicated your life to Christ, God restored His righteousness back to you. Now you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Meditate on Mark 11:22-25. And if you have aught against anyone forgive. Take communion, and commit your life to God, and make God's Word final authority in your life. And remember that Jesus purchased your healing on the cross, by His stripes (Is. 53:5).

Thank You Father for this precious sheep of Yours, that knows Your voice. I thank You that she is healed by the stripes that Jesus bore on His body, and that You give Kris the ability to take ahold of that healing. For no weapon formed against her shall prosper! Thank You Father for making Yourself very real to Kris, and for being the burden removing, yolk destroying anointing that sets her free! In Jesus Mighty Name, i pray, Amen!

Loyal
Thank u so much for that........that really hit me hard in a good way
I would never discourage a person from exercising their faith for physical healing, so I am agreeing with you and sister "Cturtle" for God's temple to be cleansed.

Active
Out faith is precious to God. Much more precious than the flesh we wear while on this earth. Gods physical healings noted in the scriptures always point to the much bigger reality, in that he can heal us spiritually, and cause us to be new creatures in Jesus Christ, to be born again.

God can and will take us on roller coasters we don't think we can handle to try our faith like gold in a furnace. But, if your name is written in the lambs book of life, be of good cheer, for nothing in this life is worth comparing the the gloriousness of what we will be at his coming.

We aren't promised physical healing. But God is not heartless, and he still miraculously heals people today. Don't stop seeking to be healed, but more so than that, seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things will be given unto you.

Blessings!

Travis

Thank u so much for that........that really hit me hard in a good way

God loves you! And as you seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness....all the things that you need will be added unto you! May the Lord richly bless you sister Kris!

Active
Welcome, Kris!

Jesus does want to heal you. Choose to cast out such thoughts that He doesn't!

I know....but it is very hard to do so at times......but as goes on and I notice even the littlest blessing my faith grows stronger and the doubts go away

I know....but it is very hard to do so at times......but as goes on and I notice even the littlest blessing my faith grows stronger and the doubts go away

That is an awesome praise report! Keep up the good work!

Blessing to you Kris!