• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

help...

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Mark 8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

I think these verses taken together define something.

So who is the thief?
Do spirits kill,steal and destroy?
Or does man kill,steal and destroy?

Mark 9
17 And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.
22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.

Spirits do destroy

But, you are correct...in this passage the thief is man

I would also say however, that evil spirits work through man

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 1 Timothy 4:1

Revelation 16:

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

C . S. Lewis wrote that there are two things the demons really like: People not believing in their existence and people obsessing over their existence./U]

SLE

Last edited:
thanks all for your prayers and everything i believe that God has helped me over this particular issue.
had to give it lot thought but all good now..

God bless

Active
Sorry for the delay brother jari,my health has not been so hot. So this never happens again to any of us,because in truth it sure has for us all. Let us all be reminded of some very important scriptures to put up on our walls at home,on our computer or wherever else we look at a lot! 1 cor 6:17!! eph 1:14-21!!! and 2 cor 5:5 Now get ready for this next one all!! Many think God is mad at them,He cannot be mad at us anymore!!! He can NEVER!!!!! be mad at any of us anymore!! Do you believe that you have been justified by HIS Blood?? YEP!! Ok then here is the scripture to prove to all of us God cannot be angry with us anymore!! Rom 5:9!! The wrath of God was poured out on Jesus, so his wrath would never have to be poured upon his children!! Praise God!! But brother mark where in the New coverent did God make such a promise? Remember the scripture in hebrews 6:18, where it say God cannot lie? He was not talking to any of us!! God was talking to himself!!

For only by himself could he ever swear by!! SO!! This is a very anchor to all of our souls!!verse 19-20!! God commited his very new covenent to himself!! No chance now man can ever fail him,because it is not man he swore to or by!! God said man is out of this promise!! I make this promise to someone who can never lie!! ME!! The Lord of hosts himself!! Glory to God!! Therfore man cannot anger me nor cause my new covenent to ever fail!! I understand, many will have a tough time with this,because it takes the old law away.Well brothers and sister the old law is away!!

I cannot, nor will be condemned any longer by it! Please do look close at hebrews chapters 6-9 do a study and see for yourself, if what I say is the truth!! Eph 1:13!!! IN HIM, YOU ALSO!!! after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of salvation!! having also BELIEVED!!! YOU WERE!!! SEALED!!! IN HIM!! WITH HOLY SPIRIT of PROMISE!!! Sealed now and forever all! OUR PLEDGE!!! verse 14 to the very redemption of GOD'S OWN POSSESSION!!!! That is now each of us all!! May this truth bring you all the peace, and rest it sure has brought unto me!! Jesus is so good!! It is never hard to stay thankful to such a most WONDERFUL GOD!!! amen!!

Last edited:
Active
I was told by a good brother that the part where God cannot be mad anymore at us is nonsense. ok show me. I am sure not perfect!! If any of you can show me in scripture where God can be mad at the believer under the New covenant I will be most happy to change this! Thanks all!

Hello dear Brighthouse,

Read 2 Peter 2 and James 4:4

be a friend of this world and be the enemy of GOD!

Galatians 6:
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Promote a false gospel long enough and see what will happen to you....

And how about this:

Romans 11:
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Matthew 5:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Mark 11:
26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Look at the true Nature and Character of God throughout the Bible, get to know the real GOD of the Bible.

For anyone putting out that bold and that strong of a statement as this one: "He cannot be mad at us anymore!!! He can NEVER!!!!! be mad at any of us anymore!!"

Is very deceiving as people tend to like to hear that and it gives them a false sense of security and a false sense of peace with GOD which is not really there if people do not keep with His commandments in the first place.

you are responsible yourself for all your actions and people need to fear The LORD and depart from iniquity.

dutch

Last edited:
Active
Understand good brother!! A believer is not a friend to the world. Is he or she? Since this is true,then why would God ever become angry with us? What does God not know brother? ( psalms 139:13-18) Anger comes from any lack of knowledge does it not?? hehe A promise made and not kept is just one example, but God swore by himself!He cannot lie! God does not depend upon what man does anymore to gain or lose that love, and yes friendship!( john 15:11-17) A friend of God does not go against him, does he or she? Do we make mistakes in our life?? LOl SURE!!! we do, But God already knows this! So why would he ever become angry?

Believers need and want proof of there own faith,i sure know I did! ( 1 Peter 1:3-9!!) Since God is all knowing, what purpose would he become angry? We go through these things not to prove anything to God brother!! LOl he already knows! We go through these things to prove to the devil and to ourselves we are true believers in Christ Jesus! From this, we know this!! Philp 1:6!!! and since we are now established from this, as talked about in colossians 2:6-10 The result is peace!! ( Colossians 3:14-17) The scripture you gave good brother holds no merit to God's anger towards we who believe. So we can agree to disagree.I hope one day you will see just how great and wonderful our Jesus truly is! No more rom 8:1 for me! because God knows me,even as he knows all who call upon his most excellent name!! amen!

Active
You know something brothers and sisters, I saw sisters coconut like my statement that I am not perfect!! hehe I wish we had a mic here on this site.For words looked upon, can mean only what the reader wishes for it to read as,or like. Words are much different to me all,words have life or death in them to me,I see words in action,i talked about the screen I have in the Lord to you all before. I know many may think I am a pomposs jerk. That I know more then you all! That I am above you all! I cannot tell you all how much I DEEPLY!!! regret this!

I told the Lord this many times in my prayers as well! He said do not worry about what they think,be concerned only upon what I want in your life! But brothers and sisters I am concerned over you all as well! I cannot help this, because of my true love for each of you, as well as our Lord WE SERVE! I hope with all of my heart, that I have never offened any of you! That was never my purpose here, and never shall be either! When God brought us the truth about himself,it was both a blessing,and troublesome for many of us.Glad he loved us so much,but also knowing he has absolutly no reason to love any of us! So why Lord? WHY??? Would you even care for any?

This answer from Holy Spirit is what I got back! ( isaiah 41:9-13) then psalms 103:6-17!) The anger he once had here in psalm, David himself was so afraid of he spoke to God many times concerning it!!( psalms 27:13,Psalms 34:11,psalms 37:28,Psalm 39:1 psalms 51:11!! God knowing the fear of man,said i will make a new Covernant with my people. So they will know I can never be angry with them again,so they never have to wonder about my love again either! I wll die for each of them,i will rise again in victory, so that in all I have conquered through death unto life,they also may follow me in this as well! (Rom 8:31-39!!)

I shall swear by the one person who cannot ever lie!! ME!!( hebrews 6:13-18!!) I cannot lie,I cannot trust in man to keep my laws any longer,because they never could keep them! I presented my old law to show my people guilt! Not to become free from it!( rom 3:9-20!!) Then i sent my only Son,I poured out all of my wrath upon him,just so i would never have to do the same to you! I then made a promise,a promise so great and so wonderful, all those who believe would become sons and daughters of me!! ( hebrews 8:6-13) I even nailed the old law on the cross I bore, to put it to death as well!! ( Collossians 2:13-15) I canceled all debt! I disarmed the rulers and all authorities!!( eph 6:12!)

I sealed my people unto myself, because of my great LOVE for my children!! ( eph 1:13-14!) never again will my children have to withdraw from my because of guilt!!( rom 8:1) I took all of there guilt to the cursed tree just for each one of them!( gal 3:10-13!) Now there is but one requirement!! ONE!!! TO BELIEVE!! For those who do!!They reep my promise,and for those who choose not to, reep the guilt of the old law, a law I the Lord replaced!! My anger is not kindled to those who believe,but rather for those who have not believed.For they insult me! The call me what I hate more then any sin!! A lier!( proverbs 6:16-19) ( acts 5:1-10!!)

But for those who believe, life with me everlasting! In this World as well as the next to come for my children! ( John 14:23) Brothers and sisters, i know something about my life. I do not know about yours! I consider my life as this.( Acts 20:24) I know my time with you grows short. The Lord in all of his love, has granted me time,time to do something special just for him! Not because i am special brothers and sisters!! But rather because you all are! May the time I have left, here, allow you to see Jesus, and never me!! amen!

Sorry for the delay brother jari,my health has not been so hot. So this never happens again to any of us,because in truth it sure has for us all. Let us all be reminded of some very important scriptures to put up on our walls at home,on our computer or wherever else we look at a lot! 1 cor 6:17!! eph 1:14-21!!! and 2 cor 5:5 Now get ready for this next one all!! Many think God is mad at them,He cannot be mad at us anymore!!! He can NEVER!!!!! be mad at any of us anymore!! Do you believe that you have been justified by HIS Blood?? YEP!! Ok then here is the scripture to prove to all of us God cannot be angry with us anymore!! Rom 5:9!! The wrath of God was poured out on Jesus, so his wrath would never have to be poured upon his children!! Praise God!! But brother mark where in the New coverent did God make such a promise? Remember the scripture in hebrews 6:18, where it say God cannot lie? He was not talking to any of us!! God was talking to himself!!

For only by himself could he ever swear by!! SO!! This is a very anchor to all of our souls!!verse 19-20!! God commited his very new covenent to himself!! No chance now man can ever fail him,because it is not man he swore to or by!! God said man is out of this promise!! I make this promise to someone who can never lie!! ME!! The Lord of hosts himself!! Glory to God!! Therfore man cannot anger me nor cause my new covenent to ever fail!! I understand, many will have a tough time with this,because it takes the old law away.Well brothers and sister the old law is away!!

I cannot, nor will be condemned any longer by it! Please do look close at hebrews chapters 6-9 do a study and see for yourself, if what I say is the truth!! Eph 1:13!!! IN HIM, YOU ALSO!!! after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of salvation!! having also BELIEVED!!! YOU WERE!!! SEALED!!! IN HIM!! WITH HOLY SPIRIT of PROMISE!!! Sealed now and forever all! OUR PLEDGE!!! verse 14 to the very redemption of GOD'S OWN POSSESSION!!!! That is now each of us all!! May this truth bring you all the peace, and rest it sure has brought unto me!! Jesus is so good!! It is never hard to stay thankful to such a most WONDERFUL GOD!!! amen!!

i totally agree on this with you. and thanks for the support. although this what you wrote wasn't exactly what i was strugling with at the moment.. it was still good to hear your thoughts about God's grace...

God bless you

Look at the true Nature and Character of God throughout the Bible, get to know the real GOD of the Bible.

you cannot find true nature of God from the text, only by spirit. 2Co 3:6

you are responsible yourself for all your actions and people need to fear The LORD and depart from iniquity.

I see you don't believe in God's grace. But it's really God's grace that saves, i wonder why you forgot that part from the bible..? your own actions cannot save you only God's grace does. And He has forgiven your iniquity.

Don't try to tell me otherwise, because I know what the bible says about Grace :)

so whatever verse you might pick from the bible it's still grace that declares us forgiven.

God bless you

Last edited:
Jari,

you need to be careful now as you see wrongfully about me

who told you that i do not believe in Gods Grace? maybe the devil did, as this is what i believe!:

Ephesians 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

However Gods Grace does not mean that a child of God no longer has any responsibility to take!

If a christian stole something he needs to make things straight quickly and apologize to the victim and make recompense and never ever do it again - turn away from it that is his own responsibility. You can't just say: "alright will now go ahead and do whatever i like to and whatever i want to do because Gods Grace Will cover all my actions... it DOES NOT!

People need to stay alert!

Matthew 12:
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Romans 6:
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

God Bless you with a more accurate view of who i really am,
dutch

Jari,

you need to be careful now as you see wrongfully about me

who told you that i do not believe in Gods Grace? maybe the devil did, as this is what i believe!:

Ephesians 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

However Gods Grace does not mean that a child of God no longer has any responsibility to take!

If a christian stole something he needs to make things straight quickly and apologize to the victim and make recompense and never ever do it again - turn away from it that is his own responsibility. You can't just say: "alright will now go ahead and do whatever i like to and whatever i want to do because Gods Grace Will cover all my actions... it DOES NOT!

People need to stay alert!

Matthew 12:
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Romans 6:
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

God Bless you with a more accurate view of who i really am,
dutch

you dont seem to know what grace means... it means favor , forgiveness and all that received without earning it from God.

God bless you