• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

help, should I give up ??

Dear All
I don't know if you can help me , but .......
I'm really finding it hard to keep my Faith, I have a good relationship with Jesus, but I really feel that God is so so far away from me, and I can't hear his voice at all. I keep getting this feeling that I'm going to go to hell,
I feel like I'm not good for God, but I know God loves me.

I just want thing to be right with God , and that I can have a relationship
with him,

I don't want to trouble you guys but , I really feel like I have the weight of the world on me .

please can you give me some advice on what do I do :coocoo:
any prayers are welcome , also

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear All
I'm really finding it hard to keep my Faith, I have a good relationship with jesus, but I really feel that God is so so far away from me, and I can't hear his voice at all. I keep getting this feeling that I'm going to go to hell,
I feel like I'm not good for god, but I know God loves me.

with him,

I don't want to trouble you guys but , I really feel like I have the wight of the world on me .

any prays are welcome , also

For Christ, my Sister! Please don't worry, God will come to you. I was going through this earlier today, I know exactly how you feel Sister, don't worry it's normal to have doubts in your walk with God, it's the devil attacking you. My advice to you Sister is read Psalm 13 to the Lord, and continue to pray, I will pray for you also. I know He will come to your aid Sister, like He did for me. He loves us all so much, and equally, do not worry. He will come soon, just be patient.

"Preserve me, O God, for in You I take refuge. I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you." Psalm 16:1-2

Dear Lord, I come before you today to lift up For Christ to you this evening. Father, she's struggling, as I was earlier today. Father God, show her the same mercy you've shown me, give her Your Spirit to help her through this trial, Lord you know how tough it can be going through this life, especially when we don't leave everything in Your wonderful capable hands, I lift her up to you in Jesus name, please help her Father, give her the strength through Your Spirit to persevere and to stay steadfast in trusting in You. Father, I ask this in the precious name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Help! Should I give up?

"He saw the disciples straining at the oars because the wind was against them....." (Mk 6:48)

The scene is the Sea of Galilee (see Mk 6:45-52). Jesus had instructed the twelve to go by boat to Bethsaida, which involved crossing the sea at night - which was really scary. A storm arose. Winds were stiff and big waves were crashing against the boat and the Apostles were terrified. Jesus sat on the hillside and watched them until about 4:00 a.m. Why? Was He playing with them? No. He was testing them so that the level of their faith in Him would be revealed to them. He knew that He was going to rescue them, but their faith needed to be stretched.

That's what God is doing with you, ForChrist, and with me in a situation I'm in. Our faith is being tested and strengthened, just as the faith of the twelve was tested and strengthened that night.

By the way, if you have a good relationship with Jesus, you have a good relationship with the Father. In Mt 14:9, Jesus told Philip, "Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father." Hang in there. God's not angry with you.

SLE

Last edited:
Staff Member
Dear For Christ

Turn to the Lord's wonderful promises to strengthen you. He is with you, He knows what you are going through.

Hear me when I call O God of my righteousness. Thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress. Psalm 4:1

Thank be to to the Lord that He blesses us and enlarges us when we are going through trials and inward suffering. The sorrows of life draw us closer to Him.

Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God Acts 14:22

Sister in Christ we are all on a journey to our heavenly home...to our blessed Saviour. Keep your eyes upon Him...He will carry you through.

May the Lord bless you. I will pray for you

Julia

Sorrow and sighing shall flee away Isaiah 35:10

Only a little while
Of walking with weary feet
Silently over the thorn pierced way
That leads to the golden street

thank you all who replyed to me post and for your advice.

but there is one more thing I would like to add.

I really do feel like I'm no good for God , coz I keep sinning , yes I have ask Jesus to forgive me , but , I just keep on doing it (sinning)

I feel like I'm going to go to hell , I feel like I should give up coz , there no point in me trying , coz all I do is sin , ok I'm trying my best not to give up and not to sin , but I feel like my life is falling apart, I'm trying to keep my eye on Jesus , sometime I just wish I was never here ,
thing are really hard for me , and I can't cope.

sorry guys, I don't want to give you my problems, I just want God back in my life , and to be right with Him :coocoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Member
Greetings for Christ,

Can I share with you a couple of beautiful truths, that, if you will only believe... yes, only believe, you will have the victory and overcome in Jesus name?

First, you are right! You are not good enough... praise the Lord, sister. Honestly, anyone who thinks they are good enough is deceived!

Let's look at Scripture, then I'll share something else....

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:22-24 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

It is pretty clear....
Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Now, sister, the devil is a liar...the liar, the one who works constantly against truth.
He lies constantly and viciously against The Lord's people, of whom, you are one.

This is what I told that sneaky old liar last time he tried to con me....

He said I was not good enough... I said, "yea, I know!" and then, "But Jesus Christ the Lamb of God is, and He died for me, so it doesn't matter about me, how good I am, cos I am not..... BUT, He is!" (Then I praised the Lord for His great love!) That's the last I heard from that old liar on that subject!

Honestly sister, we are only ever good enough on Christ's merits, not ever our own.... and this is so very important for you to understand..... By grace we are saved, not of works..... Jesus is our righteousness, He is our Saviour... and we need Him 100% to be saved.. not one little tiny bit less... and certainly not one bit of our filthy rags of righteousness will help us one bit, except, that it grants us to receive of His mercy and grace. This is the second point I mentioned.

Let's look again...
Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Let it sink in, right in, and next time the thought of not being good enough comes to your mind, say, "RIGHT ON!!" and step out in the victory that was purchased for you by our Saviour's life and blood.

Bless you ....><>

Br. Bear

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Ephesians 3:14-21

Hi, i just want to say one thing i know for sure...

sorry guys, I don't want to give you my problems, I just want God back in my life , and to be right with Him :coocoo:

The only way to get right with Jesus is to believe that He paid all your dept of all your past and future sins!

Only that way we can be justified in front of God.

Verses that may help:

Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?
- (Pro 20:9)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- (Eph 2:8-9)

Re: Help! Should I give in?

for christ said:
but I really feel that God is so so far away from me, and I can't hear his voice at all.

Reading Br.Bear's post reminded me of a Scripture that is very important in situations like this. You see, its not about what you feel, its about what you choose to believe. God is near to you whether you feel His presence or not, He loves you whether you feel it or not.

"Rejoice in he Lord always. I will say it again, 'Rejoice!' Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anyhing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." (Phil 4:4-7)

SLE

My dear friend, Please don't feel like you are not good for God. He loves you very much, and you are His child. Hang in there, I went through a very rough year, and sometimes wondered if God was there but in the end, I realized He was there all the time, walking with me all the way, and He is doing the same for you. I will be praying for you. In Christ.. penpn

Never give up on your faith sister.
God's promise is that he will never give up on us!
We all feel far from God at times but pray to Him and He will awnser, seek the Holy Spirit! when I feel far from God I go back and read the bible, pray and meet up with Christian friend who pray with me and I feel close again. It happens to me when I don't pray for a day or two or I don't ask for forgiveness for something i have done wrong.
Hope this help. You are in my prayers sister!

Dear All
I'm really finding it hard to keep my Faith, I have a good relationship with Jesus, but I really feel that God is so so far away from me, and I can't hear his voice at all. I keep getting this feeling that I'm going to go to hell,
I feel like I'm not good for God, but I know God loves me.

with him,

I don't want to trouble you guys but , I really feel like I have the weight of the world on me .

any prayers are welcome , also

Hello, no matter how long we are Christians most of us do experience times of doubt. During these times I find it helpful to remember how it has gone before and how I once felt the close presence of the Lord. And then I also enter into a time of praising God especially that He sent Jesus to save me from my sins. It's like going through a tunnel with Jesus beside you. There is light ahead.

Matthew 11:28-30..."Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

peace and blessings,

Dove :sure:

thank you to all who give me advice.

Please can you keep me in your prays , as I really want to be close to God .

thanks again to all who reply to my post.

Dear sister-
It isn't easy to say to God, and mean it, I will follow you no matter what... especially when we go through the wilderness of doubt and loneliness. We all have wildernesses to go through... the Israelites did, Jesus did, Hosea did, but remember what's on the other side.
Temptation isn't temptation if we don't desire what satan's offering to us. But all too quickly that temptation, the sin becomes a habit, and like anyone who's been addicted will tell you... a habit isn't a pleasure, it's a need. You can't live without it. You can actually fear life without it. So you're in a pretty deep pit, no matter what the sin is, and you hate it. You aren't sure how it got this bad, but you know there's no way out. You can't stop yourself. I've been there.
But I'm not anymore. Like Psalm 40 says, He dug me out of the pit and set my feet upon the rock. Back in the day when David wrote the Psalm, prisons were pits. Muddy, rocky, hot or cold, smelly, etc. .... and if you managed to climb to the top, a guard was there to push you back in. This is a picture of what God does for us. He takes us out of the pit that we dug for ourselves and gives us a firm foundation, makes us a new creation in Him, makes us His children, no less!!
How can you possibly know freedom if you've never been imprisoned? I know that I've been set free-- and that it was a miracle.
You may not be able to see your freedom from this sin just yet, but the fact that you hate it, you've repented of it, and you have such a big desire to be free from it indicates that you are ready for that freedom... a freedom that only God gives.
I had repented of my sin, I hated the fact that I couldn't control it, and I was still in fact doing it... when I cried out to God and said something like this: I hate this! Please get me out of this, whatever You have to do to stop me.... please do it. I don't want to live like this.
And He did. It wasn't what I wanted him to do, if I'd had my way, it wouldn't have been done that way, because it was a little harsh. There are consequences to sin- you reap what you sow. But I am out of that situation. The weight is off of my shoulders- in fact, the weight came off as soon as I prayed that prayer, and nothing had been done yet. God is amazing. And maybe he's waiting for you to cry out in your frustration- whatever you want to do, Lord!
Just give it all over to Him.

God bless

Dear sister-
It isn't easy to say to God, and mean it, I will follow you no matter what... especially when we go through the wilderness of doubt and loneliness. We all have wildernesses to go through... the Israelites did, Jesus did, Hosea did, but remember what's on the other side.
Temptation isn't temptation if we don't desire what satan's offering to us. But all too quickly that temptation, the sin becomes a habit, and like anyone who's been addicted will tell you... a habit isn't a pleasure, it's a need. You can't live without it. You can actually fear life without it. So you're in a pretty deep pit, no matter what the sin is, and you hate it. You aren't sure how it got this bad, but you know there's no way out. You can't stop yourself. I've been there.
But I'm not anymore. Like Psalm 40 says, He dug me out of the pit and set my feet upon the rock. Back in the day when David wrote the Psalm, prisons were pits. Muddy, rocky, hot or cold, smelly, etc. .... and if you managed to climb to the top, a guard was there to push you back in. This is a picture of what God does for us. He takes us out of the pit that we dug for ourselves and gives us a firm foundation, makes us a new creation in Him, makes us His children, no less!!
How can you possibly know freedom if you've never been imprisoned? I know that I've been set free-- and that it was a miracle.
You may not be able to see your freedom from this sin just yet, but the fact that you hate it, you've repented of it, and you have such a big desire to be free from it indicates that you are ready for that freedom... a freedom that only God gives.
I had repented of my sin, I hated the fact that I couldn't control it, and I was still in fact doing it... when I cried out to God and said something like this: I hate this! Please get me out of this, whatever You have to do to stop me.... please do it. I don't want to live like this.
And He did. It wasn't what I wanted him to do, if I'd had my way, it wouldn't have been done that way, because it was a little harsh. There are consequences to sin- you reap what you sow. But I am out of that situation. The weight is off of my shoulders- in fact, the weight came off as soon as I prayed that prayer, and nothing had been done yet. God is amazing. And maybe he's waiting for you to cry out in your frustration- whatever you want to do, Lord!
Just give it all over to Him.

God bless

ephesians4_23

thank you for your post .

look , I'm just need advice ,ok , and I'm sorry if I said somethink wrong , as I said I just need help at the mo, and NOT to be criticized (like you are trying to do). and I did NOT say anythink about sin. I did not want to trouble people about this , but it's looks like I have , and I'm sorry ............ I just want God back , ok :coocoo:

thank you to all who reply to my post, and for your advice and for all who pray to me .

if you have any more advice or would like to pray please feel free to do so.

I can tell you that , I now know God's in my life.

thank you , again

This site...

This site...has a way of doing that. More than most others. It "brings you in from the cold", more so in my case even than reading the Bible or praying.

ForChrist,
I did not mean to make you feel like I was criticizing you or leading anyone to think that you may have an addiction of any kind.
I was responding to your second post in this thread, where you spoke of sinning, and I should have quoted that before I wrote what I did.

"08-10-08, 04:39 AM <!-- / status icon and date -->

<HR>

<!-- message -->thank you all who replyed to me post and for your advice.

but there is one more thing I would like to add.

I really do feel like I'm no good for God , coz I keep sinning , yes I have ask Jesus to forgive me , but , I just keep on doing it (sinning)

I feel like I'm going to go to hell , I feel like I should give up coz , there no point in me trying , coz all I do is sin , ok I'm trying my best not to give up and not to sin , but I feel like my life is falling apart, I'm trying to keep my eye on Jesus , sometime I just wish I was never here ,
thing are really hard for me , and I can't cope."

I'm sorry that what I wrote to you was in fact not encouraging to you, because that's what it was meant to be. Please forgive me!
Never give up-- God will not leave you nor forsake you.

I have so much I can say to you to encourage and I can only pray right now Father lead me and all those that respond to this child of yours be lead of the spirit and have divine wisdom to speak,Jesus name amen.
I have been through way to many times of my "darkest hour". That reminds me of Luke 10:19 "Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you. (NLT)
Now lets look at Genesis 2:7 Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man's nostrils, and the man became a living person.

I said that to now tie it together and say this my friend in Christ. When God made us alive in Him he used His very Spirit to give that life to us and if you look it says it wasn't until God breathed his(spirit) into him that he was made alive(physically and spiritually). Now we also know that Jesus tells us when we are born again we receive the holy spirit (read john3) and that same spirit in us is the same resurrection spirit that brought our Saviour to life and sitting next to God the Father. We have been givin authority to speak over those things that are not of God, example spirit of lonliness and deppression. I am just gving examples but also we then become driven by our spirit man as we walk and mature in faith.
I have walked way to many deserts and I am just coming to the realization that I walk by faith and not feelings. Paul gives great examples of how we struggle because flesh is weak yet spirit willing but it comes to that place where we say Daddy, I am here and I choose to believe regardless of feelings(soul man) that your word is never void. I choose today to push through all the madness like that woman that needed to touch your cloak to be healed that I am pushing,pressing and climbing my way to you. I dont even have to cry out to you and say stop but you turn around and are quick to heal. No matter which way you need it He gives it!

This is a stretch of faith but let me tell ya He is Quick and He loves to see us push through and run into His arms, you are never alone. He is sitting there saying I love you and I hear you. Keep pushing! I will pray for you as well. I am not nagating what the other comment was that is awesome to alays see if there is something you need to repent and forgive someone or even yourself:) You aint alone, God Bless.

p.s i am not preaching lol

thank you to all who replyed to my post.

I don't want to trouble you guys , but ........ I now feel like God hates me and does not want to talk to me ........... could this be the devil telling me thing that are not true .............. or is it really God trying to tell me somethink ???. I also feel like I can't do nothing right in this life , I also feel like when I do thing wrong (ie sin) I feel like that I'm hated by everyone, even God and jesus hates me (ok I know Jesus loves me, but this is just how I feel at the mo )

Please can you help me guys , I don't want to keep on troubleing you , but it's just that I need some help right now , as my life is falling apart .

Staff Member
God is love He cannot hate. He may hate some things we do but His love endures forever the kind of love that loves us no matter what! Nothing we do or say will make Him love us more or less. Love is unconditional not if you do this I will love you more. He never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Heb.13.8

The enemy will try and take your focus off God and tell you things that are not true as he is the father of all lies.

Matt 6. 33 Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.

I find when feeling low putting on praise music really does lift the spirit up.

We are told to Be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Roms.12. 1-2

God bless

LLJ :love: :rainbow: :rose: