• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Help me, please.

Should I keep on with my dreams? Want a man who respects/doen't care on my religion choices.

• No/Who cares

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am wanting to be a Baptist, but I am not really all the way on board with this. I am not familiar with all of it, ect. I've wanted a long-term relationship and with a man who accept my religion choices, ect. Would someone help me?

Loyal
I am wanting to be a Baptist, but I am not really all the way on board with this. I am not familiar with all of it, ect. I've wanted a long-term relationship and with a man who accept my religion choices, ect. Would someone help me?

Try directing your requests to the One who really has changed people's lives and who is able to help you. Asking for God to guide you is always the best way, but you must learn to communicate with Him more closely while you are asking things of Him.

Before asking for a relationship with a spouse, I would strongly suggest establishing a relationship with Jesus. If you really do, eventually, you will come to realize, I believe, that Jesus should be more important than even the best of human friends, including a spouse.

I did not discover this myself until long after I had met and married my wife [45 years now]. God was merciful to me and brought both of us to Him together. But now you have the time to walk the right pathway and let God help you to make the right the choice. The right choice is to choose God and His Son now before concerning yourself with marriage. If you are able to do this right then according to His will God will help to find what you need and perhaps even what you want. When that happens, you may well find that what you want is no longer the same as it was when you started this journey.

Remember this verse as you move on toward God:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Think about what you would believe to be "all of these things" and then ask God what He would include for you in "all of these things".

To get these things in the right priority, talk daily with God [pray] and read your Bible daily. These two things are essential in my own walk with the Lord...

I will be praying for you and your situation.

Staff Member

First I'd like to welcome you to Talk Jesus!
Always a joy to welcome another Sister in Christ Jesus to this online Christian Community of Believers...... :)
Next, I do want to make sure that I understand you correctly. You want to be a "Baptist" as in religion or you want be "Baptized" as in submersion in water in obedience to what our Lord would desire for us to do?

I agree with Brother Amadeus and his words to you. Make solid your relationship with Christ Jesus before you start planning "a long-term relationship", which I assume is in marriage :) and rather than a man who accepts your "religion choices", how about one who is also one in Christ Jesus. Always remember that it's not the religion that saves, but Jesus Christ who does.

The Church/Religion is a discussion that you can have with him, after God brings him into your life :) Also, might I suggest you start praying for this person now! Never soon enough to start praying for that person who may be unified with you in a Covenant with God!

I'm sure you'll be getting some advice/suggestions. So, with that being said.....
Once again be welcome to Talk Jesus Sister!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

First I'd like to welcome you to Talk Jesus!
Always a joy to welcome another Sister in Christ Jesus to this online Christian Community of Believers...... :)
Next, I do want to make sure that I understand you correctly. You want to be a "Baptist" as in religion or you want be "Baptized" as in submersion in water in obedience to what our Lord would desire for us to do?

I agree with Brother Amadeus and his words to you. Make solid your relationship with Christ Jesus before you start planning "a long-term relationship", which I assume is in marriage :) and rather than a man who accepts your "religion choices", how about one who is also one in Christ Jesus. Always remember that it's not the religion that saves, but Jesus Christ who does.

The Church/Religion is a discussion that you can have with him, after God brings him into your life :) Also, might I suggest you start praying for this person now! Never soon enough to start praying for that person who may be unified with you in a Covenant with God!

I'm sure you'll be getting some advice/suggestions. So, with that being said.....
Once again be welcome to Talk Jesus Sister!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><
I have already been baptized at the church ive gone to for around five years. There has only been two people I have talked to about my past, my father and everyone else will never hear it. And they have asked how do I still believe with such hurt or whatever in my past. I've said I'm just glad to be here to day and it could have been worse so.

Staff Member
Glad to hear that you were Baptized!

I can probably speak for many here that to us, your Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus, it is who you are in Christ Jesus and not what you were before Him that is important!

With the love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><