• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Help me please!

Doing Good Goggatjie

Goggatjie, you seem to headed on a good path and special prayers for your mother, may she open up her heart one day. I hope your counseling goes well Goggatjie, you sound like a very nice girl. Don't you worry about your sister and father, keep your focus on yourself healing and healing in the Lord.
You are so welcome to lay your problems here Goggatjie, for us to pray for and to give you spiritual hugs (and God knows we are hugging you).
I am glad that you told your father all about this. I was afraid to, when I was 12 years old, because I thought I would get in trouble.

Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that You heal Goggatjie with an immense healing from the Holy Spirit and I pray that You raise her to be a strong Christian and witness to the love of God.

Psalm 31:21
Praise be to the LORD, for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city.

Sweetie, your besieged city is your hurting heart. Let Him show you His wonderful love. Amen:pixie:love: :sun: :rainbow:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no words to say how sorry I am this happened to you. I just want to tell you that I care about you and am asking the Lord to cover you and heal you. When you ready to talk to the councelor, say a little prayer right before you go in.

It can be something like this... Dear Jesus, will you please let me know that you are with me in this meeting and will you please direct the councelor and myself in the way that we should go?

He will most surely comfort you and hear your prayer. He will give you strength that you know is not your own. He is your main support, your best friend. Always tell Jesus everything just like you do your dad. Jesus want to hear it all, even though he alerady know... he still want to be your friend. So open up to Jesus whenever you can think about it, and even if it's only a small prayer it will go a LONG way with him.

I love you.

Thank you all once again for your replies, prayers and advice - it has helped me a lot.

My first counseling session is over - it was very very difficult. I had a hard time talking to him; I just could't find the words. But we talked about everything that we are going to have to work through. I still believe that my second visit will go much better though...

My mother also knows now - I told her on Wensday night. She took it really well and we even agreed on working on our relationship (actually to start having a realtionship). She looks up to me and my sister for going and seeking help - choosing not to live in pain anymore... The counselor is comming to our house tomorrow night - please pray for her for I desperately want to see here healed. Please...

My relationship with my molester is non-exicting now. I decided not to report him to the police. But we are not friends anymore - we don't even greet each other. I think that this is for the best - I really do - and thanks to all of you who repeatedly told me to stay away from him; it helped.

But that is all I have to say for now.
May our Father bless you even more than He does now...

"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith."
1 John 5:4

Lots of love,
Your sister.

Thank you for giving us some feedback sister Goggatjie, take it step by step, one day at a time.

We're praying for you.

God bless.

Hey Goggatjie

Hey there sweetie. Glad to hear your counsel went well and I am glad that you are staying tuned in to Talk Jesus. When you feel a bit better maybe you could look around the site and read up on thoughts of God.

Jesus loves you and wants to carry your burdens. Take your heavy and timid heart, to Him. He will help you and give you the Holy Spirit to help you counsel you for the rest of your life and beyond. Keep up with your prayers and just ask Jesus to let the Holy Spirit help you speak to your new counselor.

Here is a famous part of the Bible that applies to you Goggatjie. Just immerse yourself in faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and the Great love of His Father.

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Jesus is gentle, loving, caring and kind and understands this "new world". He didn't stay in the past, He came forward with us and is here and knows all that goes on in the world and in your life. Just ask for Him and He will respond to you and help heal your wounds.

God bless you sweetheart. Amen:pixie:sun: :love::rainbow:

Goggatjie, you are so brave. I know it is the Lord that is giving you the courage to face this head on. So many scripture that says 'take courage' 'be strong and courageous' and you my sister are showing great courage. I praise our awesome God for the healing He is and will continue to do in your life. I will pray for you, your sister and mother. Please keep us posted about your counselling and how the Lord is working in your life. It is so good to hear of your progress.

God Bless You

:love: Calluna

Staff Member
My first counseling session is over - it was very very difficult. I had a hard time talking to him; I just could't find the words. But we talked about everything that we are going to have to work through. I still believe that my second visit will go much better though...

The first time is always the hardest but as you continue to meet your counsellor it will improve as you get to know them and confidence will build.

One day at a time is all we have to think about. I like that song. Live for today.

Jesus goes with you wherever you go and will guide you and help you by His Holy Spirit.

God bless :love: :rainbow: :rose:

I know that this a very hard time for you. I am 53 years of age and I came to know the Lord 14 years ago. I was also sexually abused when I was very young and it had a tremendous effect on my life. However it is best to get good counsellings from the Word of God because it is Gods Word that truly sets free. The Lord has dealt with a lot of this through my relationship with Him and He has helped me deal with a lot of it. I would like to help so you can contact me by e-mail if you wish.

Regards
Donald
Port Elizabeth
South Africa
(edited by ladylovesjesus)

Last edited by a moderator: