• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Help me, Brothers!

My name...well, that’s not important right now. What I do know is that I’m still trying to make sense of things as to “The Next Step”, of Christianity. You see, I am an impulsive teen, and am prone to making rash decisions.

Unfortunately these have directly translated into a “Sin Loop”, I’ve been entrapped in. With each new act, the condemnation, and utter despair I feel worsens... is there ANY hope? The heavy hand of God looms over me, and I fear that I’ve gone too far into the abyss.

I was baptized and accepted Christ as my savior at young age, but as to everything I’m supposed to be as a Christian....I have failed miserably trying to follow Christ. I know it’s the right thing to do, follow Christ, I mean...but I’m no apostle. I can’t be the perfect Christian. I know what the lord wants of me, but it’s like my flesh is too strong. My main questions are this:
Are Believers supposed to still sin?
Does Jesus still forgive me if I make the wrong choice?
Am I...still loved by god if I make the wrong choice?

Active
My name...well, that’s not important right now. What I do know is that I’m still trying to make sense of things as to “The Next Step”, of Christianity. You see, I am an impulsive teen, and am prone to making rash decisions.

Unfortunately these have directly translated into a “Sin Loop”, I’ve been entrapped in. With each new act, the condemnation, and utter despair I feel worsens... is there ANY hope? The heavy hand of God looms over me, and I fear that I’ve gone too far into the abyss.

I was baptized and accepted Christ as my savior at young age, but as to everything I’m supposed to be as a Christian....I have failed miserably trying to follow Christ. I know it’s the right thing to do, follow Christ, I mean...but I’m no apostle. I can’t be the perfect Christian. I know what the lord wants of me, but it’s like my flesh is too strong. My main questions are this:

Hi Turtle,

Hope you managed to sleep OK. Bro, you seem to be really struggling there and making a bit of a hash of your faith and walk with God.

I can see two problems -

1. You're trying too hard. This is not about you, it's about God. You're trying to be an apostle, doing all the right things. Trouble is you're not very good at it, but that's OK because God didn't choose you because you're 'apostle material'. He chose you because He loves you, remember he knows you much better than you know yourself and even so, warts 'n all, He still chose and called you to be His disciple. Similar to the story of Gideon in Judges ch. 6. To quote one of those swarmy TV evangelists, 'let go and let God'. Stop trying to impersonate Jesus or being an apostle, instead focus upon God. Open up to Him in your prayer time, talk and chat to Him like He's your best mate because He is. Tell Him of your fears, shortcomings, concerns, ambitions, problems, desires, your day ... just chat, and not just once, but continuously. Tell Him you love Him, why and what it is about Him that you love. Ask for for His Holy Spirit and surrender the controls to Him and then silence.... let your thoughts run around and God will talk to you, reveal little snippets of Himself to you and make His will known to you. If God is truly the focus in your life, your imperative, you'll want to please Him by being a loving obedient son. If you really, really want to please God read Jesus' sermon on the mount in Matthew chapters 5-7. It's totally theoretical and not always practical but it gives you a clear picture of what a God centred life looks like.

2. You keep slipping up, going against God's will and doing what you want to do. Actually, that's not the problem; you're part flesh, part spirit and sometimes the flesh gets the better of you. No the problem is how you react to that situation. Do you listen to Satan's condemnation that you are a disgrace to your faith, not fit to be a Christian and that God has just washed His hands of you, or do you confess, beg forgiveness and ask God that He will give you the strength and wisdom to avoid a repetition? Remember that God when He chose you, He had total 20:20 vision of your future, He knew you'd slip up, and yet still He called you and loves you so much He asked His son to die by crucifixion to rescue you from the consequences of slip ups like these.

Please just surrender everything to God and let Him rebuild you in His image, oozing His Spirit and righteousness.

=======================

Dear Lord God,

I pray for my poor brother Turtle, he tries really hard in his own strength, messes up and wonders why. Please Lord, fill him with your wonderful Holy Spirit and reveal yourself to him and begin a transformation of his life to be a really good reflection of you. I don't why we do that Lord, we can all relate to how he feels because we're all like that, we want to please you but we struggle unless we get help. And what better help can we get than your Helper?

Thank you God for the resources you give us, the Bible that explains to us so much about you and what you want for us, our brothers and sisters who encourage and pray for us and even more important than those you give us your Holy Spirit to give us comfort, cheer and guidance. Thank you God that you give so wonderfully because you love me and what better demonstration of love is there than the death of your only son. Thankfully He rose again to conquer sin and lead the way back to you.

Thank you God, we love you so dearly.

Amen.

Hi Turtle,

Hope you managed to sleep OK. Bro, you seem to be really struggling there and making a bit of a hash of your faith and walk with God.

I can see two problems -

1. You're trying too hard. This is not about you, it's about God. You're trying to be an apostle, doing all the right things. Trouble is you're not very good at it, but that's OK because God didn't choose you because you're 'apostle material'. He chose you because He loves you, remember he knows you much better than you know yourself and even so, warts 'n all, He still chose and called you to be His disciple. Similar to the story of Gideon in Judges ch. 6. To quote one of those swarmy TV evangelists, 'let go and let God'. Stop trying to impersonate Jesus or being an apostle, instead focus upon God. Open up to Him in your prayer time, talk and chat to Him like He's your best mate because He is. Tell Him of your fears, shortcomings, concerns, ambitions, problems, desires, your day ... just chat, and not just once, but continuously. Tell Him you love Him, why and what it is about Him that you love. Ask for for His Holy Spirit and surrender the controls to Him and then silence.... let your thoughts run around and God will talk to you, reveal little snippets of Himself to you and make His will known to you. If God is truly the focus in your life, your imperative, you'll want to please Him by being a loving obedient son. If you really, really want to please God read Jesus' sermon on the mount in Matthew chapters 5-7. It's totally theoretical and not always practical but it gives you a clear picture of what a God centred life looks like.

2. You keep slipping up, going against God's will and doing what you want to do. Actually, that's not the problem; you're part flesh, part spirit and sometimes the flesh gets the better of you. No the problem is how you react to that situation. Do you listen to Satan's condemnation that you are a disgrace to your faith, not fit to be a Christian and that God has just washed His hands of you, or do you confess, beg forgiveness and ask God that He will give you the strength and wisdom to avoid a repetition? Remember that God when He chose you, He had total 20:20 vision of your future, He knew you'd slip up, and yet still He called you and loves you so much He asked His son to die by crucifixion to rescue you from the consequences of slip ups like these.

Please just surrender everything to God and let Him rebuild you in His image, oozing His Spirit and righteousness.

=======================

Dear Lord God,

I pray for my poor brother Turtle, he tries really hard in his own strength, messes up and wonders why. Please Lord, fill him with your wonderful Holy Spirit and reveal yourself to him and begin a transformation of his life to be a really good reflection of you. I don't why we do that Lord, we can all relate to how he feels because we're all like that, we want to please you but we struggle unless we get help. And what better help can we get than your Helper?

Thank you God for the resources you give us, the Bible that explains to us so much about you and what you want for us, our brothers and sisters who encourage and pray for us and even more important than those you give us your Holy Spirit to give us comfort, cheer and guidance. Thank you God that you give so wonderfully because you love me and what better demonstration of love is there than the death of your only son. Thankfully He rose again to conquer sin and lead the way back to you.

Thank you God, we love you so dearly.

Amen.
Brother, you’ve saved a man lost to the darkness of his own machinations. I thought I’d be forever stuck wondering why, but you’ve given me something I thought I’d never find: Answers. And with these answers, has come hope, my friend. May god bless you to the utmost extent. Today is no longer a day of mourning, but a day of finally achieving victory over this matter. I thank god for your kindred and revealing response. I finally understand it. Hallelujah!

Active
Brother, you’ve saved a man lost to the darkness of his own machinations. I thought I’d be forever stuck wondering why, but you’ve given me something I thought I’d never find: Answers. And with these answers, has come hope, my friend. May god bless you to the utmost extent. Today is no longer a day of mourning, but a day of finally achieving victory over this matter. I thank god for your kindred and revealing response. I finally understand it. Hallelujah!

Ya welcome bro, keep close to God with constant prayer and them slip ups will get fewer and further and eventually they'll be just a distant regret.

Take care and stay well

We all are sinners just saved sinners. Learn to forgive yourself each time you fail. Being a teenager with raging hormones is tough! God knows that he is not standing over you like an angry father waiting to condemn you!! God loves you with infinite love and is infinitely patient. God does not expect you to be perfect or without sin that is why Lord Jesus came to save us from ourselves. If you worry about what you do at night in your bed God knows and understands. No real male person on earth does not do that in fact I do not think God even considers it a sin? If you have a problem with a drug habit? I have gone down that very difficult path, thus I know if you just keep loving God one day you will be free of it! Avoid looking at things that pervert your mind. You are no worse or better than anyone else. God is infinite, and we are all infinitely less than he is. Yes Lord Jesus will forgive you a billion times or more just pray and ask for forgiveness each time you fail. The greatest thing you can ever do for God is to love him which you are doing. Stop judging yourself, forgive yourself and let God have his wonderful way in your life! If your issue is even harder to express I am prepared to help and guide you privately.?

I do believe you’re right, yes!! I am a man who often puts huge amounts of performance pressure on myself, be it schoolwork, or otherwise. Unfortunately, this has translated to devastating effect, causing all these questions to swirl around in my head like knives sent from the adversary himself. You and the help of fellow brothers and sisters on here have helped me to see more clearly than I ever once have. And for that, I grant my utmost thanks to each and every one of you, to include the Lord himself!

Active
Brother Nuclear, First place look at ( Proverbs 8:17!!) Fear NOT! He loves us in spite of ourself!!! ( Rom 2:1-5) Please look at verse 4 for us!! STAY IN GOD'S WORD DAILY!!!!! I must partake of his food daily brother!

Next Rash judgment you are making. Did the same thing bro!! ( Rom 8:14-15) Now focus your mindset always upon these two verse!!!! This beginning Brother helped me so greatly!! And there by we can keep our peace!!! Just like Jesus does for us everyday!!!( Phil 4:7-9!!!)

If Jesus did not look at his children in this light, then who could ever hear Jesus say " Thou good and faithful servant enter into your rest??? NOBODY!!! Would make it!! So rest in your mindset brother, Jesus loves you, as well as he knows, you do love him!! Remember? Proverb 8:17!!

The blessing of the Lord has made us rich brother!!!! AND!!!!! He adds no sorrow to it!! ( Proverbs 10:22) Your never alone bro!!! We in Christ go with you!!

Active
I do believe you’re right, yes!! I am a man who often puts huge amounts of performance pressure on myself, be it schoolwork, or otherwise. Unfortunately, this has translated to devastating effect, causing all these questions to swirl around in my head like knives sent from the adversary himself. You and the help of fellow brothers and sisters on here have helped me to see more clearly than I ever once have. And for that, I grant my utmost thanks to each and every one of you, to include the Lord himself!

God will put you through a pruning process but if your heart is right you will change. I could not let go of my fleshly pride of career and achievement as well so God puts me in situations of loss so now I don’t care about those things anymore. Be prepared to lose those fleshly things you value and not be bitter about it. If you do become bitter continue seeking God for answers. Most often than not, you are suffering losses because these things are idols in your life.

God will put you through a pruning process but if your heart is right you will change. I could not let go of my fleshly pride of career and achievement as well so God puts me in situations of loss so now I don’t care about those things anymore. Be prepared to lose those fleshly things you value and not be bitter about it. If you do become bitter continue seeking God for answers. Most often than not, you are suffering losses because these things are idols in your life.
I’ve lost what appears to be many things, my friend. I lost a lover whom I held dearly, to be shattered beyond anything when I was replaced with someone else. I’ve lost my trust in humanity at times, as I have experienced betrayal. Heck, there are times I’ve lost sight of what’s important, times in which I even question “Am I REALLY a Christian? Sure, I believe, but surely I’m 1 mistake away from being kicked out, right?” Again, this flawed reasoning is wedged deep within me. Now back to your response, yes, I’ve felt the knives pruning, and I am so much stronger that I was before. My biggest concern? I don’t want to let god down. I just feel like with every mistake I make, I dissapointed him, and it HURTS.

Active

Two things Turtle, Have you been moved by the Holy Spirit? If you have, Scripture tells you, He is your deposit, guaranteeing your salvation. Secondly, you appear to be sincerely concerned about your acceptance by God. You wouldn't be, if you had grieved the Holy Spirt, He would have left you and you would be enjoying what the world has to offer. Finally our Lord has told you he will never leave you or forsake you. Believe him, he means it. Bless you.

Active
I’ve lost what appears to be many things, my friend. I lost a lover whom I held dearly, to be shattered beyond anything when I was replaced with someone else. I’ve lost my trust in humanity at times, as I have experienced betrayal. Heck, there are times I’ve lost sight of what’s important, times in which I even question “Am I REALLY a Christian? Sure, I believe, but surely I’m 1 mistake away from being kicked out, right?” Again, this flawed reasoning is wedged deep within me. Now back to your response, yes, I’ve felt the knives pruning, and I am so much stronger that I was before. My biggest concern? I don’t want to let god down. I just feel like with every mistake I make, I dissapointed him, and it HURTS.

I have experienced similar things and perhaps worse compared to you. I was a survivor of childhood emotional abuse from my atheist father for over ten years and then persecuted for another 7 years after I became a Christian. I have never met a single godly man these past 30 years, not even in the church. They were either abusive, ungodly, or ended up with other women and still hurting me in the process for the sake of these women. I was slandered like Joseph was by Potiphar's wife when it was the other party guilty of seducing me. I've had ex-bosses who saw me as a threat because I refused to compromise my integrity, and so ended up treating me horribly even though I have contributed to the company. I've had ex-colleagues who out of envy spread malicious gossip about me around in order to damage my reputation and destroy my working relationships and was forced to quit even though people acknowledged that I had strong work capabilities. I am now jobless and sometimes still depressed, and was suicidal at many points since the time I was 12.

But I have the undying comfort that God is with me in my suffering. In fact, it is through these 30 years of suffering that I came to know God in a way that can never come from just reading the Bible. I am starting to understand that EVERY SINGLE SAINT of God suffered in a similar way that Jesus did. Their sufferings were a literal mimic of everything Jesus suffered for us. They were either killed, slandered, betrayed, rejected, tormented, ill-treated, despised and/or lived in deprivation JUST LIKE JESUS DID. So when I find my suffering grievous, I recall what Jesus endured, and sometimes weep for Him. You know what is so special about our suffering? We get to feel on some level the pain that Jesus felt in His own sufferings. When we suffer just like Jesus did, we feel the same pain He felt and when we feel HIS PAIN, we will finally WEEP FOR HIM just like the Bible prophesied:

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on Me, on Him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over Him, as one weeps over a firstborn.

Active

If you have a willing heart to seek God's righteousness and kingdom just like Jesus commanded, there is no fear even if there's failure. God is the one who sees you through to victory, as long as you stay willing to His pruning to the very end and give Him thanks in all things. It is good to feel contrite about failure, God sees your brokenness and will all the more strengthen you in future. He is more compassionate then you can fathom, if you read the Bible, many of God's own saints have said harsh words in confrontation to God when they were bitter about life yet He was merciful. I know this from personal experience, He will not reject anyone who is sincere in wanting to know Him. It is only those self seeking hypocrites that have something to fear because they can fool the masses about their religious piety but they cannot fool God that they are only in the faith for themselves.

If you have a willing heart to seek God's righteousness and kingdom just like Jesus commanded, there is no fear even if there's failure. God is the one who sees you through to victory, as long as you stay willing to His pruning to the very end and give Him thanks in all things. It is good to feel contrite about failure, God sees your brokenness and will all the more strengthen you in future. He is more compassionate then you can fathom, if you read the Bible, many of God's own saints have said harsh words in confrontation to God when they were bitter about life yet He was merciful. I know this from personal experience, He will not reject anyone who is sincere in wanting to know Him. It is only those self seeking hypocrites that have something to fear because they can fool the masses about their religious piety but they cannot fool God that they are only in the faith for themselves.
Your testimony has provided a much clearer understanding to my dilemma. I want to do what is good and pleasing to the lord, but I constantly fall short even if my heart’s in the right place. Thank you

Two things Turtle, Have you been moved by the Holy Spirit? If you have, Scripture tells you, He is your deposit, guaranteeing your salvation. Secondly, you appear to be sincerely concerned about your acceptance by God. You wouldn't be, if you had grieved the Holy Spirt, He would have left you and you would be enjoying what the world has to offer. Finally our Lord has told you he will never leave you or forsake you. Believe him, he means it. Bless you.
I was saved by Christ and accepted him at a very early age. But as time passed, I grew into adolescence, to which I still am. I became more and more impulsive, and became acutely aware of my mistakes. I began to think that God was counting the mistakes, and I wept silently. I felt a conviction unlike anything I’ve ever felt. I began to “sweat” over every small thing, trying desperately not to screw things up. But the reality is that I can’t. I just can’t. It is impossible not to screw up and fall short.

Active
Your testimony has provided a much clearer understanding to my dilemma. I want to do what is good and pleasing to the lord, but I constantly fall short even if my heart’s in the right place. Thank you

I fall short too, and still fall short now, you are not alone. Even apostle Paul at one point admitted that he had not attained perfection. Keep pressing on in faith, God will not fail.

I want
@NuclearTurtle029

Greetings,

how are you doing?

Jesus is Lord

Bless you ....><>
I am doing my best, good sir. These brothers and sisters have given me something I thought I’d never find: Answers. I didn’t think that finding other Christians and calling for help would have this powerful of a response. I thought it was a “silly idea” and I relied on solely the Bible. It led to more confusion. I believe that God is showing me to use a combination of both to find answers. Thank you for your assistance and being a moderator. I will continue to do my best for God.

-

I fall short too, and still fall short now, you are not alone. Even apostle Paul at one point admitted that he had not attained perfection. Keep pressing on in faith, God will not fail.
If it’s one thing I know how to do, it’s to have absolutely ridiculous amounts of tenacity. I won’t give up, my friend. Thank you