• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

HELP LORD, I'm Hurting!

Active
Page 1 of 2

As an active Christian Psychologist for the past 30+ years, I must say, that once the year 2000 came around, I have experienced more "basket cases" than ever before. Both my Son Skip and I have been involved in spiritual warfare deliverance, and for the past 4+ years have noticed a rise in demonic activity among Christians and non-believers. (the end is near)

It's getting harder to distinguish between failing bodies and minds because the enemy of our souls knows his time is short and is trapping as many souls as he can, or the effect of Adamic sin as we approach 7,000 years is crippling God's Children in mind and body. There are diseases today that I never heard of 25 years ago.

I'm not the only Psychologist who has a duel role of spiritual warfare and classic psychology. A decision between the two is getting harder and harder to distinguish. I say the preceding to inform you, my friends, of the need to find a solution whereas God the Holy Spirit can be released from our ignorance (God says "My people perish because of lack of knowledge) to supernaturally heal those who cry out to our Heavenly Father, "Help Lord, I'm hurting".

Man's Trouble.
Anxiety - Depression - Social Awkwardness - Childhood Abuse Recovery - Bad Marriage - Cancer - Discouragement - Bi Polar - ADHD and so on. This is just a partial list of what invades our circle of influence.

Man's Example.
Hebrews 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
I was taught that for every negative, search for a positive. Good psychology huh?

1Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Man's Remedy.
Psalm 50:14 Offer (sacrifice) unto God (Elohim) thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High (If you promise to do something for God, DO IT).
50:15 And call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and (Most important) thou shalt glorify Me.

1Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Active
Page 2

Now we must consider how to climb out of the pit or hole that traps us into seeing only our desperation instead of being rescued by Jesus and walking in His joy and gladness.

God our Abba Father has determined before hand how to rescue His Child (you) from being stuck in the prison of despair. How you ask? I will list a multitude of suggestions from the Word of God, and first and foremost IS the Word of God....Matthew 4:4 "It is written, "'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" ESV

Please notice a fact about every Christian. "Man shall not live by bread alone." Now, the unsaved do live by bread alone, but the Christian is designed by God to LIVE by something else, and that is the Scriptures, the Word of God.

There is a spiritual war raging in the Christian Churches and in Christian folk. Satan, and his forces of evil have a favorite weapon. That very deadly weapon is to keep the Child of God from reading/studying the Word of God. Why? Because of this....Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." ESV

If the enemy of our souls can keep us from studying God's Word, he can keep us weak spiritually, and we will perish from all that God has for us. Are you depressed? are you discouraged? Do you continually rehearse in your mind your woes? Do you pray, "help Lord, I'm hurting" and your prayers bring no help at all? Do you think "what's the use of praying?"

The answer is, because you're not studying the Word of God. O my friends, you have to FORCE yourself to open up your Bible and start fellow shipping with with Jesus and the Holy Spirit in the Word of God. What do I recommend? Get to know Jesus Who died for you!! First study Matthew, then Mark, and Luke and John. James is a good study.

Finally, is there any way out of my situation other than the Bible? NO, NO, and NO!!! The prayer that God is sure to answer is....
1John 5:14 "And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.
5:15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him
." ESV

Second to studying the Word of God is to offer to Almighty God and His Son a sacrifice. You say, "I thought sacrifices were no longer required in the New Covenant? You're almost right. There is one sacrifice that breaks depression and discouragement and that is....

Psalm 50:14 Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me."....There you go! The sacrifice of thanksgiving. Do you want God to deliver you from your trouble? When you are in trouble, it's a sacrifice to thank God, right? It sure is. Break out of your prison of despair by thanking God for what you do have. Start with thanking Him for the forgiveness of your sins, and that you are saved and headed for the promised land, the New Jerusalem to live with Jesus for eternity.

Ok, does what I've just instructed really work? As God Himself is my witness and judgment, Yes it does! I entered Bible College to study for being a Pastor of Jesus' Churches and to be a Christian Psychologist. Immediately, I was hit by migraine headaches and what the doctors called, "active hypoglycemia". I was never hit by these physical ailments until I decided to serve my Lord Jesus Christ and to train for His calling on my life.

After graduation from College, I never was without a physical trial all the way up to today. I've had two failed spine surgeries, both my hips replaced, two strokes, one heart attack, serious pneumonia with congestable heart failure, salmonella food poisoning that almost killed me. and a host of other strange happenings against my life.

What do I think is the only way that I'm still alive? It's because of my relationship with my Master Jesus, daily forgiveness of my sins, and at least two hour's each day studying God's Word, and reading/studying daily devotions from men of God of whom I trust. In order to survive from depression and discouragement over my physical ailments, I feed on the Word of God for my survival. And, I recommend the same of my Brothers and Sisters.

God bless you all....I'll be happy to answer any question that you might have.

Loyal
What do I think is the only way that I'm still alive? It's because of my relationship with my Master Jesus, daily forgiveness of my sins, and at least two hour's each day studying God's Word, and reading/studying daily devotions from men of God of whom I trust. In order to survive from depression and discouragement over my physical ailments, I feed on the Word of God for my survival. And, I recommend the same of my Brothers and Sisters.

Your conclusion is certainly the right one. Not all of us have suffered in the same ways or perhaps as severely in our flesh, but anyone who serves God has been buffeted by the attacks of the enemy. The only real answer is God's answer which you have emphasized strongly in your own testimony. My testimony is similar except that the physical pain and suffering was seldom in my own body. It was in my wife, and I as her spouse I have had to love her and care for her in even the worst of times. When in her pain and frustrations she attacked me with sharp words I needed to hold grit my teeth and ask God for patience to endure whatever was needful.

This past Sunday we celebrated 45 years together and most of those have been in Christ. [We married several years before being called to God. Today our marriage is better than it ever was before even though the attacks of the enemy do continue.

Give God the glory!

Active
Your conclusion is certainly the right one. Not all of us have suffered in the same ways or perhaps as severely in our flesh, but anyone who serves God has been buffeted by the attacks of the enemy. The only real answer is God's answer which you have emphasized strongly in your own testimony. My testimony is similar except that the physical pain and suffering was seldom in my own body. It was in my wife, and I as her spouse I have had to love her and care for her in even the worst of times. When in her pain and frustrations she attacked me with sharp words I needed to hold grit my teeth and ask God for patience to endure whatever was needful.

This past Sunday we celebrated 45 years together and most of those have been in Christ. [We married several years before being called to God. Today our marriage is better than it ever was before even though the attacks of the enemy do continue.

Give God the glory!

Thank you my dear friend for that testimony. I applaud your dedication to your Wife and your steadfastness to serving the Lord where He has placed you. When I first communicated with you, I immediately new, in my spirit, "Now there's a real man of God." I'm glad that I was not wrong.

Loyal
Thank you my dear friend for that testimony. I applaud your dedication to your Wife and your steadfastness to serving the Lord where He has placed you. When I first communicated with you, I immediately new, in my spirit, "Now there's a real man of God." I'm glad that I was not wrong.
Give God all of the glory!

Staff Member
Thank-you for these words of encouragement and your testimony! They strike to the heart of the malaise that many in the church are experiencing. For his word says "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." The answer is at their finger tips, but it grows dusty for lack of use. Though technology is a boom is many ways, in this way except for the diminishing number of faithful, it creates another barrier to the reading of His Word.

The need to grab hold of His Word and to hold it closer to one than life itself, for it is life itself that it imparts and sustains us must be encouraged. Your words have done that and I pray that many will take to heart and do what your words spoken here have said. Applying it to their own lives and encouraging others to do likewise at all times.

I give thanks to you and for your dear brother as my prayers go heavenward for you and yours.
Always with the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Page 2

Now we must consider how to climb out of the pit or hole that traps us into seeing only our desperation instead of being rescued by Jesus and walking in His joy and gladness.

God our Abba Father has determined before hand how to rescue His Child (you) from being stuck in the prison of despair. How you ask? I will list a multitude of suggestions from the Word of God, and first and foremost IS the Word of God....Matthew 4:4 "It is written, "'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" ESV

Please notice a fact about every Christian. "Man shall not live by bread alone." Now, the unsaved do live by bread alone, but the Christian is designed by God to LIVE by something else, and that is the Scriptures, the Word of God.

There is a spiritual war raging in the Christian Churches and in Christian folk. Satan, and his forces of evil have a favorite weapon. That very deadly weapon is to keep the Child of God from reading/studying the Word of God. Why? Because of this....Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." ESV

If the enemy of our souls can keep us from studying God's Word, he can keep us weak spiritually, and we will perish from all that God has for us. Are you depressed? are you discouraged? Do you continually rehearse in your mind your woes? Do you pray, "help Lord, I'm hurting" and your prayers bring no help at all? Do you think "what's the use of praying?"

The answer is, because you're not studying the Word of God. O my friends, you have to FORCE yourself to open up your Bible and start fellow shipping with with Jesus and the Holy Spirit in the Word of God. What do I recommend? Get to know Jesus Who died for you!! First study Matthew, then Mark, and Luke and John. James is a good study.

Finally, is there any way out of my situation other than the Bible? NO, NO, and NO!!! The prayer that God is sure to answer is....
1John 5:14 "And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.
5:15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him
." ESV

Second to studying the Word of God is to offer to Almighty God and His Son a sacrifice. You say, "I thought sacrifices were no longer required in the New Covenant? You're almost right. There is one sacrifice that breaks depression and discouragement and that is....

Psalm 50:14 Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me."....There you go! The sacrifice of thanksgiving. Do you want God to deliver you from your trouble? When you are in trouble, it's a sacrifice to thank God, right? It sure is. Break out of your prison of despair by thanking God for what you do have. Start with thanking Him for the forgiveness of your sins, and that you are saved and headed for the promised land, the New Jerusalem to live with Jesus for eternity.

Ok, does what I've just instructed really work? As God Himself is my witness and judgment, Yes it does! I entered Bible College to study for being a Pastor of Jesus' Churches and to be a Christian Psychologist. Immediately, I was hit by migraine headaches and what the doctors called, "active hypoglycemia". I was never hit by these physical ailments until I decided to serve my Lord Jesus Christ and to train for His calling on my life.

After graduation from College, I never was without a physical trial all the way up to today. I've had two failed spine surgeries, both my hips replaced, two strokes, one heart attack, serious pneumonia with congestable heart failure, salmonella food poisoning that almost killed me. and a host of other strange happenings against my life.

God bless you all....I'll be happy to answer any question that you might have.

Amen!