• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Hell's Population Clock

There's been a quite a bit of flap in the media of late about a gender issue called misogyny-- defined by Webster's as hatred of women --while very little flap about misandry; defined by Webster's as hatred of men.

In the end, it will be a man who casts irate women into the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:10-15 and permanently ruins any chances they might have had for happiness in the future. For all eternity, condemned man haters will grind their teeth with hot tears and white-knuckled fury that they ultimately lost out on everything because of one lone male's obsessive control over their lives.

John 5:22-23 . .The Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father.

Acts 17:31 . . God has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed

NOTE: Misandry and feminism aren't joined at the hip; viz: not all feminists hate men. Classical feminism is typically peaceful, objective, and political while misandry is typically malicious, emotional, and personal; i.e. classical feminism is typically persuasive and diplomatic, while misandry is typically demanding, hostile, implacable, and unreasonable. Classical feminism seeks equality with men, while misandry seeks to destroy men.

Seeing as how heaven is a place of peace, then bitter people seething with unresolved gender issues cannot be allowed there because they would turn heaven into a world of complaining, quarreling, and discontent like they've made the Earth.

POP CLOCK UPDATE: 66 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are in the ball park, then something like 3,862,848 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 11, 2018.
_

Whether death in the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:10-15 is quick or slow; surely either way no one wants such a fate in their future. It would be better to avoid the lake altogether and take up residence in the new cosmos where everyone is immortal and enjoying life to the fullest in a world where there is neither war, nor crime, nor poverty, nor hate, discontent, nor sickness.

The first death is mandatory, but not the second; there's a God-given way for people to get out of it that requires no merit on their part.

2Cor 5:19 . . God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them.
In other words: when God makes peace with a sinner, He stops building an indictment against them and the previous indictment is thrown out; or rather I should say: it's resolved by means of Christ's crucifixion.

Isa 53:6 . .We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and The Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

1John 2:2 . . He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

POP CLOCK UPDATE: 68 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are in the ball park, then something like 3,979,904 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 11, 2018.
_

Luke 16:24-26 . . Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame. But Abraham said: Between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.

The Greek word for "great chasm" refers to a nondescript space, viz: a gap, without really specifying width or depth. The distance across can't be too much otherwise Abraham and the rich man could neither speak to, nor recognize, one another. Apparently translators assumed the gap was large so they added the word "great". It seems far more likely to me that the chasm Abraham spoke of is a sort of crevasse just wide enough to prevent pedestrian traffic.

Anyway, point being: I'm heaven-bound; but I'm not so sure about many of my friends, relatives, and associates. If they fail to make the cut, I'm crossing my fingers that there will be some way that I can contact them in the afterlife after we've all passed on. It deeply saddens me to think there's a possibility I might not be allowed to see any of them ever again until the day of our final good-byes during the event planned for Rev 20:11-15.

POP CLOCK UPDATE: 70 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are in the ball park, then something like 4,096,960 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 11, 2018.
_

Last edited:
The apostle Paul expended quite a bit of time, energy, and writer's ink persuading Christ's believing followers that it's impossible to obtain heaven by means of compliance with the Ten Commandments. He didn't succeed; not with everyone. People still refused to believe him even though he claimed to have received his information straight from the horse's mouth.

Gal 1:11-13 . . For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

However, though it is impossible to obtain heaven by means of compliance with the Ten Commandments, it is essential to comply with them in order to stay in heaven; not just the Ten only, but all of God's commandments. And one's compliance cannot be spotty, it has to be flawless.

So; what's the secret to this apparent Catch-22?

The secret is found in a promise that God made to His people back in the Old Testament.

Ezek 36:26-27 . . I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit into you: I will remove the heart of stone from your body and give you a tender heart; and I will put My spirit into you. Thus I will cause you to follow My laws and faithfully to observe My rules.

An "heart of flesh" would normally be regarded in modern Sunday school classes as a bad thing. Here in Ezekiel, flesh is juxtaposed with stone to indicate that God is talking about tenderness, gentleness, kindness, empathy, sensitivity, compassion, and deep affection; i.e. the warm, softer emotions.

A heart of stone is cold and dead, like those massive granite monoliths in Yosemite Valley. They feel not the slightest pity for climbers who lose their grip and fall. Nope, those big rocks just go on like nothing ever happened; silent, indifferent, unconcerned, non grieving, non compassionate, and unsympathetic; i.e. they feel nothing: nothing at all.

Bottom line: Seeing as how love is essential to proper compliance with the Ten Commandments; then the thoughtless, the callous, and the insensitive would be shut out of heaven forever and ever were it not for Ezek 36:26-27.

Watch as I deliberately paraphrase the following passages. Though the texts aren't verbatim quotes from the Bible; the message the paraphrases convey is spot-on.

"I assure you: unless the inhumane are born again, they can never see the Kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

"Don't be surprised at my statement that those incapable of social norms must undergo a birth performed by the hand of God." (John 3:7)

Note that the birth performed by the hand of God, about which Jesus spoke, isn't optional; it's a must.

POP CLOCK UPDATE: 72 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are in the ball park, then something like 4,214,016 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 11, 2018.
_

During the 16th century, an Italian man named Niccolò Machiavelli wrote a political treatise titled The Prince. It's main theme is how to get power, and once you've got it; how to keep it.

The book's instructions apply to all forms of power whether in business, in government, the military, the mafioso, school boards, investment banking, and even religion and church management practices.

You might be surprised at the number and variety of famous, respectable people who've been influenced by The Prince, not only in the past, but right up to the very present. Machiavelli's book, like Sun Tzu's book The Art Of War, is timeless.

However; there's a hitch. Machiavelli's ideas work best when employed by monsters, i.e. sociopaths: because it's necessary to sacrifice integrity and conscience to make them work; i.e. it's necessary to become cruel, inhumane, and thoroughly indifferent to the principles of trust and honesty.

The word "Machiavellian" is in Webster's defined as: marked by cunning, duplicity, or bad faith, i.e. not guided by, or showing a concern for, what is right in respect to social norms and acceptable behavior.

In other words: it's not what's right that counts with Machiavellian personalities; it's what works, viz: they practice a sort of moral flexibility.

The Bible describes heaven as a place of peace. I think it goes without saying that Machiavellian personalities are not allowed there. For one, they would make heaven unbearable for the decent folk. For another, they would not fit in. And for another, their way of life would just end up turning heaven into another world like the one we're already living in.

POP CLOCK UPDATE: 76 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are in the ball park, then something like 4,448,128 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 11, 2018.
_

Lev 24:10-12 . . And the son of an Israelitish woman, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the children of Israel: and this son of the Israelitish woman and a man of Israel strove together in the camp; and the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed the name of The Lord, and cursed.

. . . And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan) And they put him in ward, that the mind of The Lord might be showed them.

That incident is a pretty good illustration of the current purpose of the fiery sector of hades. It's a place to hold people till the day when the mind of the Lord will be shown concerning them.

Rev 20:13. . Death and hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done.

NOTE: Rev 20:13 is a record of things that the apostle John saw in the future; which means they're on the way, and only a matter of time now when they'll be seen in the present by everyone.

POP CLOCK UPDATE: 78 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are in the ball park, then something like 4,565,184 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 11, 2018.
_

Rev 20:11-15 is commonly thought to be where everybody, the good and the bad, stand before God to determine their future.

But according to the text; only the dead will be called to account at the great white throne event. In point of fact; the dead are mentioned four times while the living aren't mentioned even once.

Not everyone alive is among the living. According to John 5:24, the living are defined as people who have eternal life. The dead, then, would be defined as people who don't have eternal life.

POP CLOCK UPDATE: 81 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are in the ball park, then something like 4,740,768 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 11, 2018.
_

Former US President George H.W. Bush passed away November 30, 2018 at age 94. The media couldn't say enough good about Mr. Bush; day after day the papers, the television, the magazines, the op eds, and the talk shows were filled with accolades about how wonderful he was as a man, a father, a humanitarian, and a political leader.

Well; in my estimation, all that flap and rhetoric was little more than a red herring as I couldn't help but wonder what Almighty God thought of the man; and of the people who spoke and wrote so much about him.

John 5:44 . . How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?

POP CLOCK UPDATE: 151 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are in the ball park, then something like 8,837,728 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 11, 2018.
_

Active
POP CLOCK UPDATE: 739 days have elapsed since this thread began. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 45,005,100 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Aug 11, 2018.
_

Active
According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Aug 11, 2018 @ 09:25 am New York Time, the United States population was approximately 328,331,997 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,565 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 107 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 53 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,565 condemned souls per 328,331,997 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,491,830,955 people, would suggest something like 58,528 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,439 global arrivals every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill Yankee Stadium's 51,800 seats to capacity in roughly 21 hours and 14 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 03:14 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

The hell I'm describing never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, LGBT marriage, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, Obamacare, protests, North Korean nukes, Federal debt, factory recalls, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If classical Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that people never stop cascading into the netherworld's dungeons in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
This would be truly sad, but I don't find the teaching in the Bible that people are suffering after death. Rather, I find that dead people are dead and that all will be resurrected at a point in the future.

Active
I don't find the teaching in the Bible

It's unusual to find someone expressing their doubt like that. Mostly people usually
insist "That's not in the Bible" which of course sets them up for embarrassment
should they discover later that the Bible actually does teach the thing they doubted.
You are wise to give yourself some room for error. I wish more people would.
_

Active

It's unusual to find someone expressing their doubt like that. Mostly people usually
insist "That's not in the Bible" which of course sets them up for embarrassment
should they discover later that the Bible actually does teach the thing they doubted.
You are wise to give yourself some room for error. I wish more people would.
_
I've learned not to make absolute statements unless I'm absolutely certain.

Loyal
God the Father is the only one who Does know who will or who won't be in Hell / Lake of fire and brimstone.

'We' don't know how many or few those many or few Are. Who so ever will may come to the Father.