• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Hell's Population Clock

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Aug 11, 2018 @ 09:25 am New York Time, the United States population was approximately 328,331,997 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,565 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 107 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 53 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,565 condemned souls per 328,331,997 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,491,830,955 people, would suggest something like 58,528 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,439 global arrivals every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill Yankee Stadium's 51,800 seats to capacity in roughly 21 hours and 14 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 03:14 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

The hell I'm describing never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, LGBT marriage, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, Obamacare, protests, North Korean nukes, Federal debt, factory recalls, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If classical Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that people never stop cascading into the netherworld's dungeons in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_

Loyal
If classical Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that people never stop cascading into the netherworld's dungeons in an endless procession

The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_

Well first it is their choice for them to end up wherever they end up. God doesn't send anyone to hell. People "choose" to go there.

Second, it does eventually "end". Hell isn't forever.

Eventually hell itself gets thrown into the lake of fire.
Rev 20:14; Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Also eventually death and sin will be conquered.
1 Cor 15:24; then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.
1 Cor 15:25; For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.
1 Cor 15:26; The last enemy that will be abolished is death.

Loyal
God's Word / Bible tells mankind that there is both a heaven and / or hell in everyone's future. And, yes, there Are a whole lot of people entering eternity all the time.

It sounds like your paragraph starting "The hell I'm describing never closes......." is describing present living in This world. Are you suggesting that the only real hell in anyone's life is what's being experiencing Now? Well -- in some circumstances it might Seem that way. But the Real "hell" the eventual eternal lake of fire and brimstone are described in the last chapters of Revelation. But That scenario is only meant for satan, the beast and the false prophet. And those who don't accept the only way to get to God's eternal 'heaven' called the New Jerusalem in the last chapter or so of Revelation.

I just re-read another part of that sentence -- the hell you're talking about is Indifferent to all the following situations taking place in this present world. Well -- the 'hell' people are in Now -- people Are in torment day and night. It's described in the account of the rich man and Lazarus in the Gospels. The rich man was begging for even a drop of water being put on his tongue -- to help ease his misery even just a bit. He was in the other half of Abraham's bosom. Those people are still there waiting for the final judgement and being caste into the future lake of fire and brimstone.

But those are the people who rejected God's way for them to be able to Be In the arms of Jesus and waiting for the New Jerusalem to be brought down from the heavens by God and their eternal life.

Your post started out referring to Jesus Christ. THAT Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He was not simply 'another religious teacher / leader of that day' Yes, He would be considered an "expert credible witness" at the very least.

And, considering the huge population of this world, there will be 'few' accepting Jesus Christ as personal Savior. Your statistics were that of the U.S. A. only -- there are a huge number in all the other countries in this world. Unless you're suggesting that only people in This country are eligible For salvation. Doesn't work that way. This country didn't exist until about 200 yrs ago.

There's a strong satanic influence in this world that's detracting people From following Jesus Christ as the Way, the Truth and the Life -- and no one comes to the Father any other way.

The last paragraph of your post you commented "If classical Christianities's approach to Jesus Christ is correct and the hereafter is correct....." The Bible / God's Word is the Only 'approach' To Christianity. It sounds like you believe that there are only a very few people who escape the 'netherworld's dungeons'.

You've chosen those three passages that give a very dim perspective of entering heaven. Your bio information says your'e 74 yrs. old. Have you spent your life sharing the Gospel unto salvation with as many people as You've been able to?

You're on internet Now in order to be on this forum -- your bio info says you're new here. Will you be taking 'this' new opportunity to share Gospel of salvation with others on Here? And encourage 'others' to share Gospel with whom ever 'they' come into contact with?! Thus -- continuing to spread the Gospel 'far and wide' from Here?

1 Cor 15:26; The last enemy that will be abolished is death.

I doubt that the abolishment of death will be retroactive; viz: people already dead in the brimstone as per Rev 20:11-15 will stay dead; just as those already alive as per Rev 20:6 will stay alive.

According to Dan 12:2 and John 5:28-29, there is but one resurrection allotted per person. Seeing as how the dead as per Rev 20:11-15 will have used up their one resurrection in order to face justice at the great white throne event, then nobody put to death in the lake of brimstone will be coming back.
_

Loyal
I doubt that the abolishment of death will be retroactive; viz: people already dead in the brimstone as per Rev 20:11-15 will stay dead; just as those already alive as per John 5:24 will stay alive.

I wonder what your understanding of spiritual life and spiritual death are?
These verses aren't talking about physical death. Even in the lake of fire... you don't really "die" in the sense that you cease to exist.

An old saying in Christianity says... born once... die twice. Born twice... die once.

Rev 21:8; "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

These people are already physically dead when they are judged. Now they will face "the second death".

Rev 20:6; Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Your statistics were that of the U.S. A. only -- there are a huge number in all the other countries in this world.

Using the ratio of 2,565 condemned souls per 328,331,997 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,491,830,955 people, would suggest something like 58,528 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,439 global arrivals every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill Yankee Stadium's 51,800 seats to capacity in roughly 21 hours and 14 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 03:14 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.
_

Loyal
@ Adziilii -- How about John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that who so ever believeth in Him will not perish but have everlasting life"

And Romans 10: 9 - 10 "That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus Is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified b y His blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through Him."

You're sharing all these Negative figures. Why?

God is the Only one who knows who will end up in hell / lake of fire and brim stone for eternity. And we Are told to go to all the nations / peoples of this world and make disciples of them --baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit. That's in Matthew 28 --29 and 20 or so -- also known as the great commission.

In order to make disciples of people -- they need to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. So 'our' job -- is to share the Gospel unto salvation with all who will listen -- without force / coersion.

So - Maybe -- instead of looking at 'hell's population clock' -- which is pretty negative. Why not look at the Positives of God's Way of being in heaven / New Jerusalem.

Revelation tells us of 'utter / total / complete darkness -- the total absence of light. Satan wants people to think that hell will simply be the absence of Christians -- so they can party, have lots of women, get drunk, have all sorts of ungodly fun. That's satan's lie to mankind. But how much partying is there going to be in total darkness -- can't see your hand in front of your face. And the nashing of teeth -- pain, agony. And that lake that is fire and brimstone. And that fire that doesn't end -- never goes out. How much partying is going to be done in Those conditions.

I have assurance of my personal salvation. Salvation From eternity in hell / lake of fire and brimstone and TO eternity in heaven -- New Jerusalem. Which is also described in Rev. 21.

Everyone has a choice to make -- how about You?!

Staff Member
@Adziilii

Should be a warning to those who don't believe/BA because the time is short for this life, and without the Lord it's nothing to look forward to!

Something tells me you're a number guy ;)

Thanks for sharing brother.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

You're sharing all these Negative figures.

Hell has it's pluses and it's minuses.

An advantage of the lack of pets and vegetation in hell is the absence of fleas and allergies. I suppose you could say that's at least one good thing about it. There's a bright side to everything I guess; even to that place.
_

Something tells me you're a number guy

Numbers help put things in perspective. For example:

From post #1; the estimated number of global arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours is 58,528

Assuming the shoulder width of the average human body is 18 inches (1½ feet) then 58,528 people standing shoulder to shoulder would make a human picket fence 87,792 feet long, viz: 16¼ miles.

Assuming the average human height is 69 inches (5¾ feet) then 58,538 people laid head to toe would make a human chain 63¾ miles long.

Were someone to walk the full length of that chain non stop at 3.1 mph, it would take them more than 20 hours to make it end to end,
_

Loyal

Hell has it's pluses and it's minuses.

An advantage of the lack of pets and vegetation in hell is the absence of fleas and allergies. I suppose you could say that's at least one good thing about it. There's a bright side to everything I guess; even to that place.
_

Sounds like one of satan's deceptions -- Any plusses a person could image. Pets don't Have to have flees, etc. A pet is being taken care of by a human. A responsible human will take care of his pet to get rid of the flees.

Ya know what's going to happen -- a person is going to end up in hell -- lake of fire and brimstone and say -- 'man, this is Worse -- MUCH worse than you told us it would be / speaking to satan / I don't want to be here any more. All those 'Christian' people were telling the truth After all. Get me outa here." And he's going to laugh at you. You chose to believe my (satan's) lies instead of God's Truth. And you're Stuck where you are. Forever.

Staff Member

Numbers help put things in perspective. For example:

From post #1; the estimated number of global arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours is 58,528

Assuming the shoulder width of the average human body is 18 inches (1½ feet) then 58,528 people standing shoulder to shoulder would make a human picket fence 87,792 feet long, viz: 16¼ miles.

Assuming the average human height is 69 inches (5¾ feet) then 58,538 people laid head to toe would make a human chain 63¾ miles long.

Were someone to walk the full length of that chain non stop at 3.1 mph, it would take them more than 20 hours to make it end to end,
_

:)

Through me; the way to the eternal city.
Through me; the way to eternal sadness.
Through me; the way to lost people.

Justice moved my supreme maker:
I was shaped by divine power,
By highest wisdom, and by primal love.

Before me, nothing was created
That is not eternal: and eternally I endure.
Abandon all hope, you that enter here.

The Divine Comedy
by Dante Alighieri
Inferno: canto 3, v.1-9

Dante's poetic epic is called a comedy because it has a happy ending as opposed to a tragedy; at least for Dante anyway. The souls he and Virgil pass along the way through the Inferno portion of Dante's odyssey will never, nor anon, have a happy ending; hence the sign above the entrance to his netherworld: "Abandon all hope, you that enter here."

Webster's defines "despair' as: to no longer have any hope or belief that a situation will improve or change. Well; down in the Inferno section of Dante's concept, despair is a way of life.

One of the hardest concepts to get across is the despair that people in hell must feel in knowing that their situation is a sealed fate with no hope of relief. Dante's odyssey, though of course fiction, is useful for that purpose; especially when it's accompanied by illustrations painted by Gustave Doré.

Jesus warned people that they'd be better off facing eternity with their hands and their feet amputated, and their eyes gouged out, then to end up in a hell he called geena; a much worse place than haides. So in my estimation, Dante's descriptions, and Gustave's paintings, though disturbing enough in themselves, aren't sufficient to impress just how terrible the ultimate hell really is.
_

Staff Member
Agree that man does not have the ability to apply describe Hell or Heaven's reality appropriately. I wonder if such attempts are meant to convey the writer/artist own worse/best attempts at what they believe them to be through personal experiences of their own lives rather than Scripture.

I'd saying as far as paintings, that Bosch had some interesting concepts that are disturbing in the area of both Heaven & Hell.

Mean while my focus in part I hope to keep as it pertains to a future is here:

That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
A person can talk about hell / heaven in a philosophical manner, but we need to remember that God's Word is the truth -- THAT is what we need to be sharing with others. God's Word.

Yes, I Corinthians 2:9.

It's been commented that churches don't preach much about hell. No one wants to hear about it. People want to hear 'feel good' sermons.

People who experience 'hell on earth' in their environment are so busy existing that they hardly have a chance to seek help. So - what do We do? As the Holy Spirit leads us.......

Maybe someone has been 'resisting' trying to open a shelter. There are no 'forgotten' people in this world. In our neighborhood -- be the helpful person.

Be ready to share the cross of Christ. His shed blood for our sins.

There are those who's concept of God is a bit scewed. Either He's an old man sitting on a rocking chair very much in the background. OR He's a severe-looking Judge, sitting on His throne getting ready to send - yet another soul into a very bleak eternity. Neither of these are Biblical.

A person really needs to read their Bible for themselves and find out who God Really Is. John 3:16 1 John 1:9 are some examples.

Staff Member
At the end of the day all these figures and facts, although interesting, are meaningless.
Intellect and knowledge will not save a single soul.

What matters is the Gospel message and sharing the good news that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9

Loyal
You know where the lake of fire is? There is one in every star in the universe, and perhaps more in the black holes which gobble up stars.

People have been filtering into perdition not only since the time of Christ, but since before the Step Pyramid of Djoser, and even before the Flood. I won't speculate how many years that might be, but h.sapiens is thought by some to have achieved full behavioral modernity something like 50,000 years ago. (There's new findings suggesting that human existence goes as far back as 150-300,000 years) Anyway; whether that extends clear on back to Adam and Eve I have no clue; but just think: if it does, then Cain and others from his era have been down in the netherworld all this time.

It's difficult for the human mind to appreciate 50,000 years let alone 300,000. I've been on the Earth for just 74, and I've noticed that my childhood is so far in the past to me now as to seem more like a fantasy than a memory. But you know; when you're talking about eternity, 50,000 years isn't even a drop in the bucket. If it were a drop in the bucket, it would be a bucket with no bottom; which is roughly akin to the futility of a gnat attempting to drink up the Atlantic ocean.

But just think: time stands still in hell: it's for the now; it's an existence. People who arrived there yesterday didn't begin doing time in jail like Lindsay Lohan expecting to get out some day; nor is perdition a temporary tour of duty like shipping out to Afghanistan. No, people in hell are in it as perpetual residents; they're in a rut.

They go year, after year, after year, after year, with no relief from the discomfort: no vacations, no recreation, no reading materials, and no hobbies-- there's absolutely nothing to do but reminisce. The mental atrophy, and the boredom that must result from that kind of mindless existence is beyond estimation.

In life, everybody enjoys God's blessings; even the really bad people. We're all breathing fresh air, basking in sunshine, drinking cool water, savoring tasty foods, listening to birds chirp, star gazing at night, throwing snow balls at each other in winter, river rafting, fishing, snow skiing, tending gardens, pruning shrubs, greeting friends during the holidays, spending days with grandkids; and all that sort of thing. In the Bible's hell, there are no blessings of any kind at all: only perpetual sadness, vexation, despair, and want.

In hell's unruly society; it's reasonable to expect quarrels, bickering, hard feelings, vendettas, rivalry, selfishness, insensitivity, irritation, aggravation, and ugly words exchanged between people. Is there really any good reason to be courteous and/or respect your fellow man's human rights in the Bible's hell; or to be kind, forgiving, affable, genial, courteous, cordial, charitable, altruistic, tolerant, generous, and patient? I was once discussing the netherworld with a co-worker and he remarked: "Hell won't be so bad; I'll have plenty of friends down there". Yes, he probably will have lots of friends in hell; but I really don't think he should count on them being friendly.

And the din: think of the volume of noise down there with all the wailing and sobbing, and the screams, shrieks, yelps, howls, and gnashing teeth. I can only imagine how annoying it must be in hell with its thousands and millions of people making all that kind of racket.

But just imagine bringing with you a craving for tobacco with none available. Or longing for a cocktail with no liquor in sight. A desire for music, with no way to produce it. A skill for writing, with no pen and paper. Yearning for a walk out in nature, with no world to do it in.

People in hell will never again smell a sea breeze, sit in the shade of a tree, take deep breaths of mountain-fresh air, play at sports, hear a bird chirp, see a sunset, watch a lunar eclipse, jog in the park, strum a guitar, enjoy a Christmas dinner with loved ones; nor make little pigs of themselves gobbling barbecued spare ribs and corn on the 4th of July.

Sports and recreation are gone: no more World Series, no more Super Bowl, no more Olympics, no more Las Vegas, no more Indian casinos, no more lottery, no more Lego World, no more Sea World, no more NASCAR, no more golf, no more surfing, et al.

No baths, no showers, no sleep, no TV, no radio, no iPods, no computers, no Twitter, no texting, no FaceBook, no Instagram, no YouTube, no MySpace, no internet, no clean sheets, no breakfast, no lunch, and no dinner. No snacks, no gum, no candy, no flowers, no parks, no rivers, no snow, no seasons, no picnics, no malls, no fast food, no trades, no careers, no trendy fashions, no jewelry, no cosmetics, no concerts, no operas, and no hobbies; absolutely nothing of this world that brings people the pleasures and the satisfactions of just being alive.

POP CLOCK UPDATE: 2 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are in the ball park, then something like 117,056 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 11, 2018.
_

Jonah 1:17 . . Jonah was in the belly of a fish for three days and three nights

Q: Was Jonah alive in the fish?

A: Yes. (Jonah 2:1)

Q: The whole time?

A: No.

At some point in his nautical adventure Jonah went to a place called sheol (Jonah 2:2) which he sited at the bottoms of the mountains. (Jonah 2:6)

Well; the bottoms of the mountains aren't located in the tummies of fish, no; they're located down deep in the earth. So, the only way that Jonah could possibly be at the bottoms of the mountains while in the belly of a fish at the same time was for the man and his body to part company and go their separate ways.

Just before being cast ashore, Jonah prayed thus:

Jonah 2:6 . .To the bottoms of the mountains I went down. As for the earth, its bars were upon me for time indefinite. But out of the pit you proceeded to bring up my life, O Jehovah my God.

The Hebrew word for "pit" in that verse is the very same word for pit in Ps 16:8-10; which Acts 2:25-31 verifies is speaking of putrefaction. In other words: Jonah 2:6 tells of Jonah's resurrection. (There's reason to believe that Jonah was already dead from drowning in the sea's depths before the fish showed up to swallow him.)

Christ underwent the very same afterlife experience as Jonah's. The only real difference between the two was that Christ's grave was in a rock while Jonah's grave was in a fish.

The key points in their experiences are that both were dead, both went to the bottoms of the mountains while their corpse reposed in a grave, and both were resurrected within three days and three nights. (Matt 12:40)

Q: What does the story of Jonah have to do with hell?

A: It's widely believed that when people die they cease to exist. Well; were that belief a fact; then Jesus would've ceased to exist when he passed away on the cross. As a result: he would not have been resurrected back to life, instead, Jesus would've been created back to life. Jonah's experience proves that Jesus continued to exist out of body when he pass away; and if he and Jonah did, then everyone else does too.
_

Staff Member
People in hell will never again smell a sea breeze, sit in the shade of a tree, take deep breaths of mountain-fresh air, play at sports, hear a bird chirp, see a sunset, watch a lunar eclipse, jog in the park, strum a guitar, enjoy a Christmas dinner with loved ones; nor make little pigs of themselves gobbling barbecued spare ribs and corn on the 4th of July........

No baths, no showers, no sleep, no TV, no radio, no iPods, no computers, no Twitter, no texting, no FaceBook, no Instagram, no YouTube, no MySpace, no internet, no clean sheets, no breakfast, no lunch, and no dinner. No snacks, no gum, no candy, no flowers, no parks, no rivers, no snow, no seasons, no picnics, no malls, no fast food, no trades, no careers, no trendy fashions, no jewelry, no cosmetics, no concerts, no operas, and no hobbies; absolutely nothing of this world that brings people the pleasures and the satisfactions of just being alive.

And even worse

No Saviour, no salvation , no hope.

It is a sobering message you share @Adziilii and in a different, thought provoking way