• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Hello

Hi, I'm Sarah, 44, female, British, living in the Netherlands. Baptised Wesleyan Methodist when I was 3 years old. Attended Wesleyan Methodist and Evangelical as a child. Got involved in an Eastern faith as a young adult and swayed between that and Christianity for the next 20 years. I have since left the Eastern Faith. I am not attending a church right now and not at all sure which denomination might be for me, if any at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
HI Sarah and welcome, for me I prefer non denomination, but most importantly a church that is planted in the word of God and only goes by the bible, I am very lucky to found such a church very close by. I hope you find one. It all about our relationship with Jesus Christ. Look forward to your postings

Loyal
Eastern Christian faith, or eastern faith like Taoism? Either way, welcome to the forum. Just saying denomination shows how fractured christianity is right now. Perhaps what you really need is christian fellowship and a daily dose of scripture reading. Do you know of any christians, whose faith stands out as more true than others? Just try to be a friend to them so that you have that iron sharpening iron and stay in your daily reading of scripture. I would start out the new testament and read it all the way through and then the old testament afterwords. Have you ever turned your life over to Christ or just dabbled in christianity?

Eastern Christian faith, or eastern faith like Taoism? Either way, welcome to the forum. Just saying denomination shows how fractured christianity is right now. Perhaps what you really need is christian fellowship and a daily dose of scripture reading. Do you know of any christians, whose faith stands out as more true than others? Just try to be a friend to them so that you have that iron sharpening iron and stay in your daily reading of scripture. I would start out the new testament and read it all the way through and then the old testament afterwords. Have you ever turned your life over to Christ or just dabbled in christianity?
Hi. I am secure in my Christian faith and scripture reading, prayer life etc. It doesn't really concern me that I don't belong to a specific denomination or church right now. The important thing is always our personal relationship with Lord Jesus Christ. I only mentioned the non-Christian eastern faith by way of posting a brief bio as an introduction. I should have mentioned that I abandoned the eastern faith and returned to Christianity some time ago. Also I should have said 20 years and not 25 years. I don't see an edit button though, ho hum.

Loyal
Hi. I am secure in my Christian faith and scripture reading, prayer life etc. It doesn't really concern me that I don't belong to a specific denomination or church right now. The important thing is always our personal relationship with Lord Jesus Christ. I only mentioned the non-Christian eastern faith by way of posting a brief bio as an introduction. I should have mentioned that I abandoned the eastern faith and returned to Christianity some time ago. Also I should have said 20 years and not 25 years. I don't see an edit button though, ho hum.
You have the abilty to edit for a minute or 2 after posting, then the edit option is gone. Glad to have you here! Hope you find some blessings posting here.

Loyal
Hi, I'm Sarah, 44, female, British, living in the Netherlands. Baptised Wesleyan Methodist when I was 3 years old. Attended Wesleyan Methodist and Evangelical as a child. Got involved in an Eastern faith as a young adult and swayed between that and Christianity for the next 25 years. I am not attending a church right now and not at all sure which denomination might be for me, if any at all.

Hi Sarah! Welcome to Talk Jesus. We are glad to have you here.

Staff Member
Greetings @Sarah G

Welcome to Talk Jesus

Enjoy the forums and online Christian fellowship

I will edit the first post for you....:smile:

Active
The right Church would be nice / recommended but it is not as important as being Born Again. I was a Presbyterian for 30 + years until the ruling Presbytery acclaimed it was OK to have Gay Pastors and marry Gay couples in the church. I love everybody but , for me, that was an affront to the word of God and a result of Secular / Progressive / Liberal pressure and I left the church. Many of the churches in this Presbytery went Non-Denominational or re-organized under the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, which doesn't acknowledge this change. I am still without a church but love the Lord more than every...I will be alright and so will you...welcome!

The right Church would be nice / recommended but it is not as important as being Born Again. I was a Presbyterian for 30 + years until the ruling Presbytery acclaimed it was OK to have Gay Pastors and marry Gay couples in the church. I love everybody but , for me, that was an affront to the word of God and a result of Secular / Progressive / Liberal pressure and I left the church. Many of the churches in this Presbytery went Non-Denominational or re-organized under the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, which doesn't acknowledge this change. I am still without a church but love the Lord more than every...I will be alright and so will you...welcome!
Thank you.

Staff Member
Greeting Sarah,

post in peace, and may the peace of God in Jesus Christ the Lord be with you, now and always.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal

Standing up for the Word of God I applaud you my brother !! My pastor and his church did the same thing before I became a member. He broke away from them to become a non denominational church.

Loyal
@Sarah G

Welcome to the forum.

Loyal
Welcome to TJ @Sarah G ,
I for one am looking forward to some good ol fellowship one with another.
For me I have found it best to seek out where I should be through the Father.
I have learned He knows best where I will grow and find what He has for me.
So I throw out titles and names and just go where He sends me.

When we are where He wants us then we find provision and Grace and so much more.

Blessings
W4F

Staff Member
Welcome @Sarah G to Talk Jesus.
A joy to welcome a Sister in Christ Jesus to this online Community of Christian Believers! :)

Pray about and ask guidance to be led to a church that is grounded in the Word of God and knows what His Love is all about.
Like Brother Born Again 2004 says. One that will stand upon the Rock and His Word!

Even though this may take time. It doesn't mean that one can't continue to grow in His Word at the same time growing closer to our Lord and Savior Jesus.

I was in the Netherlands when I was in the military in Germany to play softball, sort of Cricket like game :) Wasn't a believer then, so saw the temptations of an open society that was there. Maybe, the countryside and smaller towns might be different, but the larger city is like......well...pretty much like every other large city in the world. Much temptations to the flesh and very little to feed the spirit! :(

Will pray for you as well to find a solid church that will help your continued growth in Jesus!

Once again be welcome to Talk Jesus Sister Sarah G!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Last edited: