• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Hello

I am disabled from a medical mishap, but obviously where God wants me to be. I am seeking other Christian's to talk with. I am married with a family and grandchild. I was attending a Baptist church, which I loved, but can't get out anymore. I am currently reading through the bible - and it's taking a long time, because I'm trying to lock it into my brain, and really understand each verse. I was raised Catholic, with no understanding of the bible. I became a Believer about 35 years ago. And here I am. Hello!

Loyal
@Rose
Welcome to the forum, Rose. Work hard at it Rose, but mostly just love God. That is what He wants from you more than anything else.

Loyal
Hello Rose. If you love the Lord and seek Him with all your heart, you will have little time for sadness which is found aplenty in this world. May the Lord bless you sister!

@Rose
Welcome to the forum, Rose. Work hard at it Rose, but mostly just love God. That is what He wants from you more than anything else.
Hi. It's nice to meet you. It looks like I have to live in a virtual world now - so here I am. Were you raised a Christian?

Hello Rose. If you love the Lord and seek Him with all your heart, you will have little time for sadness which is found aplenty in this world. May the Lord bless you sister!
There is much sadness in the world - I think God may act soon, as times have seemed to grow worse.

Loyal
Hi. It's nice to meet you. It looks like I have to live in a virtual world now - so here I am. Were you raised a Christian?
That can be a difficult question to answer, but simply stated, No, I was not. This is not to throw away the goodness in some of the people involved, but too many people had not a clue as to where I was or needed to be. Fortunately, God did.

It's easy for me to answer, so I'm uncertain what you mean. I was raised Catholic, but never read the bible or taught Scripture. I sought God in my 20's and through much turmoil, found Him. Do you attend church?

Loyal
It's easy for me to answer, so I'm uncertain what you mean. I was raised Catholic, but never read the bible or taught Scripture. I sought God in my 20's and through much turmoil, found Him. Do you attend church?
I did not read the Bible for the first time until I was 32 years old. Now I am 72 and I read it daily. To miss that is to miss a meal. I work to immerse myself in the Holy Spirit also daily. Without eating His flesh and drinking His blood daily, we cannot live. With them we cannot die.

Yes, I do attend church services at least twice a week, but serving God must be a 24/7 thing.

I went to ccd as a child, but didn't read the bible until in my 20's. I have been trying to read it daily. I know a lot of the bible, but my attention is often pulled away from reading. You just inspired me to stick to a daily program. I've never studied the Holy Spirit much. I don't know what you mean about 'immersing yourself'. I draw close to God: "Therefore, come boldly to the throne of grace..."

I have been feeling this pull - like God is doing something big - but I'm unsure what to do. Did you ever have that? I feel as if something huge is about to happen. Maybe it's me - I don't know, maybe not.

Active
Good evening Rose. Welcome to the Club for you have some excellent people here to teach you should you need it. My best advice is to put your heart, mind, and trust into God through the blood of Jesus giving thanks every day even for the rough spots. He will help you through them, and your desire will be to bring others to Him as well. His strengths are revealed through our weaknesses if we trust him to deliver us. Phil 4:8

Loyal
I went to ccd as a child, but didn't read the bible until in my 20's. I have been trying to read it daily. I know a lot of the bible, but my attention is often pulled away from reading. You just inspired me to stick to a daily program. I've never studied the Holy Spirit much. I don't know what you mean about 'immersing yourself'. I draw close to God: "Therefore, come boldly to the throne of grace..."

I have been feeling this pull - like God is doing something big - but I'm unsure what to do. Did you ever have that? I feel as if something huge is about to happen. Maybe it's me - I don't know, maybe not.

By immerse, I mean put yourself completely into the Holy Spirit so that the Holy Spirit will bring to Life within you the Word of God. Alone this is an impossible thing, but for God all things are possible. We need to ask Him for help to do the things that He asks of us:

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt 5:48

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Staff Member
Welcome to Talk Jesus Sister Rose!
Always a blessing to welcome another Sister in Christ Jesus to this online Christian Community.

I hope and pray you find the fellowship and growth in His Word here that you are seeking.

Once again be welcome Sister Rose.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi @Rose welcome to TJ. I encourage you to listen to podcast sermons. My favorite preachers are Charles Stanley and David Jeremiah. Deep scriptural truth.

Hi
Hi @Rose welcome to TJ. I encourage you to listen to podcast sermons. My favorite preachers are Charles Stanley and David Jeremiah. Deep scriptural truth.
Hi! I used to listen to Charles Stanley. My husband liked David Jeremiah - but I never listened to him. I should but Charles Stanley on auto-record again.