• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Hello!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jake. I am a son of God!

I thought it would be cool to connect with an online community to talk about faith and things. So here I am!

It's been an interesting season recently. I'm 21 and fairly early in my walk with Christ, and have been feeling called to allow God to deepen my love for Him - but actually allowing Him to do this. Much of my journey is coming from a place of a very legalistic, religious, understanding of God - and getting to know a God of love, grace, freedom and peace. So I'm being transformed but learning what it means to allow God to do His work... perform Heart Surgery as some call it... but also learning to understand that it's Him that deserves the glory in this. It's done by grace and isn't stemming from my own actions.

That's a big tangled mess in my mind. My action vs. God's action.. pride...how to know I'm 'doing' enough... all of these things that are rooted in that same place of legalism, pride and fear.

So anyways this isn't a cry for help - I'm actually feeling really encouraged about trusting God to attack this 'root' within me - but this is a little bit of a peek in to my mind and where I am at. This being said - if this place resonates with where you are or where you have been in your walk with Christ - I'd love to hear about it :)

Jake

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jake. I am a son of God!

I thought it would be cool to connect with an online community to talk about faith and things. So here I am!

It's been an interesting season recently. I'm 21 and fairly early in my walk with Christ, and have been feeling called to allow God to deepen my love for Him - but actually allowing Him to do this. Much of my journey is coming from a place of a very legalistic, religious, understanding of God - and getting to know a God of love, grace, freedom and peace. So I'm being transformed but learning what it means to allow God to do His work... perform Heart Surgery as some call it... but also learning to understand that it's Him that deserves the glory in this. It's done by grace and isn't stemming from my own actions.

That's a big tangled mess in my mind. My action vs. God's action.. pride...how to know I'm 'doing' enough... all of these things that are rooted in that same place of legalism, pride and fear.

So anyways this isn't a cry for help - I'm actually feeling really encouraged about trusting God to attack this 'root' within me - but this is a little bit of a peek in to my mind and where I am at. This being said - if this place resonates with where you are or where you have been in your walk with Christ - I'd love to hear about it :)

Jake
Jake, this definitely resonates with me. I was technically saved when I was 13, but so much changed between there and now. I am 30 and am pretty recently renewing my conviction in Christ. Awesome that you have the relationship, You ARE doing enough. He is so happy that you accepted his Grace. GOD BLESS YOU!!

Staff Member
Welcome to Talk Jesus @JakeW

It is truly wonderful to know that we are saved by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and to realise that it is all about Him and His wonderful love.

He must increase, but I must decrease....John 3:30

Not I but Christ liveth in me......Galatians 2:20

There is a lovely old hymn by a lady called Ada Whittington that I thought you may like to read. The link is below.

He must Increase ...I must decrease

Staff Member
Welcome to Talk Jesus @JakeW

A blessing to have another Brother in Christ Jesus join this Online Christian Community! :thumbsup:

I hope and pray that you find continued growth in Christ Jesus here at TJ. Here you will be tested, come to know in greater depth your Walk in the Spirit with Christ Jesus and His Holy Word. So rejoice! :laugh:

If there is anything you need help with please feel free to ask....just about anyone! :)

Once again be welcome.
YBIC
C4E
<><

Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Administrator
Staff Member
Hello @JakeW welcome to the community! Keep walking faithfully and God will transform your mind and sanctify your heart.