• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Hello Friends

Hello everyone, It's great to be apart of a loving community of great people. I have been struggling with my life for many years now and I've tried everything to improve the quality of my life. I have done things in life that I am not proud of and of course many things I am proud of. But I feel my relationship with Jesus seemed to have faden away due to problems in life. I have read the bible many times in my twenties there have been times when I would feel god's presence come over me. It was an amazing experience. It is only when we surrender ourselves to god's presence in prayer are we truly healed.

I haven't been happy with my current lifestyle and have been struggling to make ends meet. But no matter how hard I try, things just don't seem to work out the way I want them to. I feel there is nothing more I can do on my own without the help of Jesus. I want to commit myself to him completely. I want him to forgive me for my sins. I will try to pray every day. I want. I want to change.

I want god to forgive me for my sins. I want to stop swearing.

I want to be a better person
I want to love

I hope that you will pray for me and I will pray for you all as well.
Thank You.

Last edited:
Active

RJ

Sure, I am praying for you as we speak.
  • The road of a Christian and total peace is sometimes a hard one, more for some and less than others.
  • I am not trying to insinuate anything, so don't read more into this than necessary but maybe God is wanting you to submit more; sure sounds to me that you're in the process.
  • Nothing in our lives is ever perfect and since you have read the Bible enough to know that Jesus said that we will have our trials and tribulations and to fear not because he has overcome the physical bounds of earth and so shall we.
  • Not knowing you personally, I would just insure this, that you have fully accepted Jesus in your heart. When you say you want God to forgive your sins, I am not sure you have! Not Biblically all inclusive, here are some thoughts for you to talk to God about. Maybe you have already done these already and, if so, rest in the peace that everything works out for those who love the Lord:

1. Revelation 3:20....Have you officially, in some form or fashion, invited Jesus into your heart? Romans 10:8-13, is an example of how to do this.
  2. Ephesians 2:8-9....having Jesus in you and your subsequent salvation is a gift of God, all you have to do is take it.
  3. Romans 11:29 .....If you have already done what is talked about above, then know that, you having Jesus in you is irrevocable.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Hi @justintime

I'm glad you've joined us. Lot's of encouraging members here to support you in prayer and wisdom. Remember what Christ did on Cross. He already knew every sin you and I would commit and pursued selflessly anyway to pay our eternal debt. That is called eternal grace. He looks at the heart of man, not the outward appearance. He knows your struggles and desire to be more like Him. I relate to you brother. Keep pressing on.

Last edited:
Changing oneself is extremely difficult at times. However, keep in mind that it takes time for this to occur. Ask Him for strength and be patient with yourself.

Philippians 4:13
i can do all things through Him who gives me strength

Changing oneself is extremely difficult at times.

changing ones self is impossible.

you must let Christ change you -- what use is He if we could save ourselves?

but trust Him, He is faithful :)