• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Hello Everyone

Hi people. I'm female and from the U.S. Joined because I am in need of prayer and advice. I guess this is where the counseling section would come in.

What I need is heavy duty prayer, intercession from mature followers of Christ, and well, just some Christian ears to borrow, and a few cyber shoulders to cry on. Deep depression and fear are upon me, as well as physical ailments that accompany this amount of stress, and I just feel like giving up.

I will also be posting on other threads on the days my mind is calm enough to, for there are many things to learn about God and His word, and we are to never stop learning of Him.

Thank you all for reading this. I pray God anoints this endeavor. I'm tired of fear having me in it's grips and keeping me at a standstill, stealing my joy. The enemy is winning, and I am so tired of it.

With much appreciation and gratitude, God bless you, CallingOnHim

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi @CallingOnHim welcome to the forums. We have a prayerful community here that will help you. Your victory is in Christ over depression and in all things.

Staff Member
The enemy is winning, and I am so tired of it.

Welcome to Talk Jesus @CallingOnHim

The enemy is a looser who has already lost the battle

Let us look to our Lord....He is victorious and He loves you
He wants you to know His perfect peace and perfect love

So when the devil whispers his lies.....start praising the Lord for His victory
Let His joy and praise become your strength

Thou tellest my wanderings: put Thou my tears into Thy bottle: are they not in Thy book?
When I cry unto Thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.
In God will I praise His word: in the LORD will I praise His word.
In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.
Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto Thee.
For Thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not Thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?

Psalm 56:8-13

Active
Hi CallingOnHim. Welcome to Talk Jesus! I was hit with the spirit of fear and anxiety not too long ago as well, triggered by a near death experience. It was crippling. The good news is it can be overcome - I am proof of that! :) I had to learn to put my complete trust in God (it wasn't easy for me at first), delve into the Word of God daily, and pray earnestly with faith that He would deliver me from this. I will add you to my prayers. Hang in there, and remember that God is with you, even in your dark times, holding you in His arms to help you through the valley.

Hi CallingonHim,
Welcome to the forums. I just want you to know that When the storm rages God is there and will not only walk through the storm with you, He will also bring you through them.
Here are a few verses I wanted to share with you that might help you.

2 Timothy 2:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind.
Isaiah 42: 5-6

Isaiah 42 5-6 Thus says God the Lord, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk on it: I the Lord, have called You into righteousness, and will hold your hand.

Isaiah 40:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

God bless you, we're glad you are here!

Thank you very much Fragrant Grace, JohnP, amadeus2, and AbbysAunt.for the very kind, encouraging words.
I am also looking for a place to ask questions regarding God's word, for there is so much I don't know and have trouble understanding.
I'm sure this site will be able to help.

Blessings to you all.

CallingOnHim

Jesus says
Do not let your hearts be troubled, niether let them be afraid
You trust in God trust also in me.

In Jesus you have the power to do this the power of within you by the Holy Spirit to do this.
Although you do trust in God and Jesus you are allowing the fear
You can be free by God's power
In jesus name i pray you get free of all fear and resist all fear that comes to your mind
You can do this through the power of Jesus Christ in you
I would say rebuke the fear in jesus name.
Be happy!
Amen.

Thank you so much Listening. I keep forgetting that our words matter and we must watch what we say, not just what we believe. I sometimes rebuke, but not often enough. Thanks for reminding me. I must get in the habit of doing this every single time doubt and fear come at me.
Thanks again.

Hi CallingOnHim, I'm fairly new to this Christian Forum so I apologize if this is a little late. I couldn't help but read your request and respond.

I am someone who used to have high anxiety. Every once in a while, I still have panic attacks but I haven't had them as much as I used to. I decided to truly follow Jesus about a year ago and He has been the crutch I lean on for my anxiety. I haven't had as many panic attacks as I used to. I also used to have what I call "Panic Dreams". I would wake up terrified (thinking someone was in my room or I was in the middle of a nightmare and was now awake). They were awful. It was so bad that I was worried about going to sleep!

I have overcome this tho thanks to Christ and my anxiety is a thing of the past. I'm more at peace now than I have ever been. Praise the Lord.

I wanted to share this story because I hope it will give you hope. I hope that you can find comfort in knowing that if Jesus can help me overcome my fears, then He definitely will help you. I find it easy to talk to HIm every night when I go to bed. Talk to Him like you would with anyone else. Make it personal. Tell him what is on your heart. I promise He will give you a peace that passes all understanding. :) It truly is an amazing thing and I am confident that you will overcome this as well thru Him.

I hope that this helps you.

There's also a favorite verse of mine. It's the first bible verse I've ever memorized so it's the only one I can quote to you. :) It says: Jeremiah 29:11. For I know the thoughts I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

It means that Jesus knows the thoughts and plans for you. Thoughts of peace. I hope that you find peace thru him.

There is also a bible verse that says: "Casting all your cares upon Him for He cares for you." I believe it is in 1 Peter.

hang in there, sweetie. :)
-Angie

Ah, LifeForChrist14, that was such a nice post. You are a sweetie yourself ! Praise God your anxiety issues are gone !

And yes, it helps to know that caring Christians such as yourself and all else who responded here are moved enough by the Holy Spirit to reply. It takes a heart after God to do so.

Blessings ! You sound like someone who is walking with Him. :)

Hey there CallingOnHim.. First things first....God is BIG! He says His name is above all names...meaning even fear and anxiety and depression!! Isn't that great to know!! I agree wholeheartedly with @LifeForChrist14 ..God really does give u a peace surpassassing All understanding...and before u know it you are "Still" and calm..with all that is going on you are just quiet and wonder "how am I doing this"..."I should be scared" or "I should be upset" but in those moments He is there and He is speaking to you! He says that we can "speak" (confront) to mountains (issues that are small but we make Big) and they will move.. (Matthew 21:21)..but you have to believe they will...believe the power of God that rests in you is unmatched and steadfast! I know these things because I too was victimized by depression.. Anxiety.. And even suicide! Don't let the devil steal your joy because thats just what he does and why he comes; to steal ..kill..and to destroy (john 10:10)...Jesus came to give LIFE and to give it ABUNDANTLY and in FULL! AMEN!!!!!!! Satan first starts with a thought. So if you can can collect the thoughts God has for you by reading His word (these verses are a great start) then you WILL always be able to immediately evict those thoughts and fear! Telling them they have no dominion or power over you (Romans 6:14) I remember waking up in the middle of the night shaking and heart racing...I ran to God! Every time you feel that feeling or that thought.. Run to God!..SPEAK TO THAT MOUNTAIN AND COMMAND IT TO MOVE IN JESUS NAME!! Seek ye first, His word says, and the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto YOU! (MATTHEW 6:33) Whats added?....EVERYTHING that God IS! His Spirit lives on the inside if you; you have to KNOW this and own it! I AM LIVES IN YOU! His word says He left His spirit, the Holy Spirit, with us! (John 14:16) He also says He"gives" to us HIS peace; NOT AS THE WORLD GIVES YOU (temporary comfort), BUT AS I GIVE (eternal, forever, daily peace that cannot be shaken..withstanding); let not your heart be troubled. (John 14:27) You can also read the prayer for protection under Psalm 91..I still do! I've definitely grown stronger and you will too! You said that the devil is winning ..no sweetie..he is losing and has been you know why? Because you're STILL STANDING..YOU ARE STILL HERE...UNDEFEATED!!!! REJOICE He says..count it all joy when you are faced with such temptations(James 1:2) Everyday you wake ...you are stronger! So continue to feed the spirit and not the fears chic! I know some days seem overwhelming but turn to Him always and watch Him move for you and place His strength upon yours. I've grown so much spiritually and am so glad I know Jesus! That side of life is horrid and truly scary...and almost taboo to discuss it which makes it hard for anyone to escape it due the counter reactions they may get from "others" that really don't understand and slapped a label of "crazy". I do sis and I'm standing in that battlefield with you today! The greatest thing is to know that you are not alone! We all are crazy!! We just admit to ours..lol...which is the first step to recovery! Confess your mess with God on a daily; cast all your cares on him for he cares for you (1Peter 5:7) and He will unveil corners of yourself that you never knew needed to be dealt with; let Him transform your thinking..make your burdens light; giving you REST (MATTHEW 11:28) You can do this! Just trust Him! Godspeed!

Active
Big welcomes Calling On Him.
We met on another thread but I want to say welcome all official like.
I perceive that God knew you were coming and had a lot of really loving people respond.
I always want to be where God is moving and I see he is moving in you and the ones responding.
I'm going to be praying for your healing as are the rest so please keep us informed
Godspeed and peace

TruFish, Wow! Your heart is literally bursting with praise for our God!! I like that.
Thank you for your enthusiasm for all things God. And for your uplifting spirit. I just know you are going to be a blessing to this forum.
Depression is a hard deal, and I feel bad that it's hard for me to respond so abundantly as you have, but just PLEASE KNOW that your post was very very much well received in my spirit. It helps son much to not feel alone. Thank you sis !

Thiscrosshurts, yes we did meet when you so graciously offered to help in my understanding regarding fear. I'm still struggling with it, however, the topic I posted is starting to help me understand a little bit more regarding my fears and why I have them. I still need to meditate on the subject some more though. Years of fears will take a while to undo I suppose, but it helps to have brothers and sisters like you to help straighten out my false thinking. God bless you for trying to do so.
And yes, you are perceptive in knowing that God had people ready for me, for that is what I prayed for before I joined !!! :cool:

Hi people. I'm female and from the U.S. Joined because I am in need of prayer and advice. I guess this is where the counseling section would come in.

What I need is heavy duty prayer, intercession from mature followers of Christ, and well, just some Christian ears to borrow, and a few cyber shoulders to cry on. Deep depression and fear are upon me, as well as physical ailments that accompany this amount of stress, and I just feel like giving up.

I will also be posting on other threads on the days my mind is calm enough to, for there are many things to learn about God and His word, and we are to never stop learning of Him.

Thank you all for reading this. I pray God anoints this endeavor. I'm tired of fear having me in it's grips and keeping me at a standstill, stealing my joy. The enemy is winning, and I am so tired of it.

With much appreciation and gratitude, God bless you, CallingOnHim