• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply scroll all the way down to the footer and click on the style chooser.

Thank you.

Hello, and Peace to all in the Name of Jesus the Christ.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

I have loved Christ all my life . He has done wonderful things for me, my, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God my Everlasting Father. I love sharing and hearing the good news with and from all. What a wonderful Blessing we have in our
Saviour. No one can compare to our Mighty God. I am non-denominational, I stand solely on the Word. Born again, made new by the precious blood of the Lamb. I look forward to discussion , reading and perhaps sharing a new song , the everlasting gospel! We are living in remarkable times, tumultuous ,but remarkable at the same time.

I can think of nothing more rewarding than fruitful discussion concerning my Lord. O' what a lonely soul is the one without the Beloved.There is a lot to read here, is there a particular denomination of choice here? For me it is only the Word. I know there can be a fickleness if someone does not tout a denomination's beliefs . Is there one here? As I said I just tout the Word. God Bless!

Staff member
Welcome to Talk Jesus Sister @Hadsa
Always a joy to welcome another sister in Christ Jesus to this online Christian Forum of Believers! :smile:

Here's the sites Statement of Faith. I hope it helps.
Statement of Faith

Many of those who come here are or were in their beginnings from specific denominations. Which can create at times some hostility when they disagree in open forum. We try to keep it down a bit. :wink:

Our hope is truly in the Lord.

I once again welcome you and hope your stay is fruitful to you and others.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Welcome aboard, Hadsa! Nice to meet you. Thanks for sharing a lil about yourself. I’m glad you’re here. Please feel free to share your thoughts with us. I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here. Blessings!

ADMONISHMENT:
MY QUESTIONED POSED:Is water baptism a necessary part of this trilogy: Overcoming the World 1John
5:7-9

…7For there are three that testify: 8the Spirit, the water, and the blood — and these three are in agreement.
9Even if we accept human testimony, the testimony of God is greater. For this is the testimony that God has given about His Son.…

ANSWER GIVEN BY FORUM MEMBER:
Water baptism is necessary as an act of obedience, but not for salvation.

MY REPLY:
So, if you skip out on that in disobedience you do not have to worry about your salvation? I am not talking
about extreme circumstances like you are in prison facing death and no water is around and you hear the good news from someone and believe , now comes your death shortly after. I am speaking of -teaching it is not a necessary application in the process of salvation. I know about the thief on the cross and all. I am talking about as an assembly of God=church should it be stated that it is not necessary doctrine to teach (Baptism by water).

Should all able bodied believers be baptized by water after believing the good news? If it is necessary in obedience how then is it not an essential part of salvation based on your obedience? Is not all disobedience rebellion towards God and sinful? When Christ's side was pierced both blood and water came spraying out and it began to rain immediately- the thief was then baptized in this miracle. But that is not the point, some denominations teach in a cavalier manner concerning water baptism. Maybe it's me but I take nothing Christ says for granted I have shared the good news and those who have believed I then encourage them to be baptized and have baptized them. When asked is it an essential part of salvation I say yes considering that the Spirit, the water and the blood all testify and are in agreement how then could I disagree. I would say only in extreme circumstances like I mentioned a believer need not worry Christ has it all covered like the thief on the Cross.

WATER BAPTISM AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS TRILOGY: 7For there are three that testify: 8the Spirit, the water, and the blood—and these three are in agreement.

Do you need water baptism as a part of salvation? Should it be omitted doctrine because of touting extremes like death on a cross or imprisonment unto death and no water is available.

1 John 5:5 Who then overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. 6This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ—not by water alone, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies to this, because the Spirit is the truth. 7For there are three that testify:a 8the Spirit, the water, and the blood—and these three are in agreement.

God's Testimony about His Son

9Even if we accept human testimony, the testimony of God is greater. For this is the testimony that God has given about His Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God has this testimony within him; whoever does not believe God has made Him out to be a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony God has given about His Son.

11And this is that testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

The Great Commission Mathew 28:18-20

…18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”…

Philip and the Ethiopian

26 Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Get up and go south to the desert road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” 27So he started out, and on his way he met an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official in charge of the entire treasury of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians. He had gone to Jerusalem to worship, 28and on his return was sitting in his chariot, reading Isaiah the prophet. 29 The Spirit said to Philip, “Go over to that chariot and stay by it.” 30 So Philip ran up and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. “Do you understand what you are reading?”

Philip asked.

31 “How can I,” he said, “unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. 32 The eunuch was reading this passage of Scripture: “He was led like a sheep to the slaughter, and as a lamb before the shearer is silent, so He did not open His mouth. 33 In His humiliation He was deprived of justice. Who can recount His descendants? For His life was removed from the earth.” 34“Tell me,” said the eunuch, “who is the prophet talking about, himself or someone else?” 35 Then Philip began with this very Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus. 36 As they traveled along the road and came to some water, the eunuch said, “Look, here is water! What is to prevent me from being baptized?” 38 And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and Philip baptized him. 39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch saw him no more, but went on his way rejoicing. 40But Philip appeared at Azotus and traveled through that region, preaching the gospel in all the towns until he came to Caesarea.

Not to mention all throughout the book of Acts that after the hearers of the Word believed they were then baptized. I would say all obedience is essential to salvation :19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to OBEY all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”…

The apostles were baptized Christ Himself was baptized therefore it is important to teach as essential in the assembly. God's Mercy is ONLY SOMETHING HE HIMSELF CAN EXTEND concerning circumstances, all believers otherwise should teach that this is an essential part of salvation. In a prison God can provide the water needed to baptize a believer .

The Fulfillment of the Law Matthew 5:17-19

17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18 For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.…

He provided the water for the thief on the cross, He will also provide the water for souls in prison heading for death who receive the good news at the last hour ! Not one JOT, NOT A STROKE OF A PEN this includes what John the Baptist (PROPHET) instituted( 17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them). The apostles were commissioned to baptize and teach ALL that which the WORD COMMANDS.The Lords WORDS come back to Him fruitful. And obedience is a commandment and all acts in faith are essential acts in salvation. God Bless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Introduction 5
B Introduction 3
D Introduction 3
WinterRose Introduction 8
D Introduction 8