• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Hell on earth??

Loyal
the bible says hell has a day and night, wonder what that means?? is it just a expressions so we can relate to it I do not think so as instead of saying day and night it could of just said forever. BUt the bible says day and night, dont we need a sun and a mood for day and night?

Perhabs its not talking about hell?

these are the verses I am speaking about

Revelation 14:10
He also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.

Loyal
the bible says hell has a day and night, wonder what that means?? is it just a expressions so we can relate to it I do not think so as instead of saying day and night it could of just said forever. BUt the bible says day and night, dont we need a sun and a mood for day and night?

Perhabs its not talking about hell?

these are the verses I am speaking about

He also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.

I believe this is speaking of the time of tribulation on the earth when God pours out his wrath on the inhabitants of the earth in divine judgment.

Loyal
How about this one??????????????

Revelation 20:10
and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Active
day and night forever and ever.

• Not sure what our New World will be like
  • It should be designed for our Resurrected Bodies..not sure because Christ seem to handle the physical world alright and of course there is the Millennium, not sure how that works with resurrected bodies co-mingling with unsaved physical bodies...should be interesting!
  • The best I have determined so far is that saying "day and night" would be the same as our "24 / 7"!

Active
Hmm good question to me when Jesus brings heavenly kingdom to earth its a place where He will light it, and there wont be any darkness, but the rest of the earth outside the gates will have day and night. And the people shut out of heaven, ie unbelievers, liars, fornicators will be gnashing their teeth and wailing cos they cant enter in.

Actually in jerusalem there is a wall that was the former temple mount fragment that jewish people call 'the wailing wall'

Active
No, 24/7 is in the 'forever'. There will be day and night.

The three steps to grasping hell are 1. To grasp God, 2. completely remove all peoples dreams of hell that have warped your view (dantes inferno) and 3. focus on exactly what scripture does say.

On earth at this very moment we can grasp sulfur, fire and have a good idea of a lake of fire (just google volcanic islands) . Hell being similar to earth is highly likely.

Active
I just want to probe your verse selection further, as they are truly stand out verses on the subject of hell.

This verse makes it crystal clear that God and the angels will have full view of hell and what transpires there. If so, so should we. Now what is interesting is that God is stating that He has absolutely nothing to hide from any of us on what exactly will transpire in the lake of fire. We will grasp, judge, discern and agree completely with God on what is happening to all those there. Crucial fact! As none of us would ever approve of a Dante's inferno type punishment for the wicked.

A key issue here is to grasp this scripture says ''Smoke of their torment'' and not ''Torment from the smoke''.

Another key word is 'rest'. No rest, none at all. That is interesting as scripture says Christians enter His rest. A rest from works Heb 4:10 and a rest only He can give Heb 4:3. My point is that God is talking from His perspective. This is not saying they will not rest. Just that they won't enter His rest. Just as we need to interpret the true difference between death and life. Being in death does not equate to the wicked being burnt corpses on a rubbish heap. Rather just a life outside of His presence.

Revelation 20:10
and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever

All this is saying (with the addition of Rev 20:14) is that all the wicked will be in the same place / home for all eternity. A place God chooses to describe as a lake of fire. I truly admire how up front and honest God is. He does not beat around the bush. He is basically saying hell will truly suck. You will not have His rest and peace. You will not have His love. This is why He describes it as death, darkness and a lake of fire. This does not mean it is literally death, darkness and fire. People weep and gnash their teeth because they look up and see themselves cast out of heaven Luke 13:28.

I guess they will have full view of heaven and heaven will have full view of hell, for all eternity. It is going to be interesting times!