• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Heavy heart & loneliness

Active
I've been really lonely lately. Not alone but lonely. My friends come over but their not Christians. One says she is but her fruits say differently. I'm all moved into my moms house now (she passed away in February) taking on the mortgage & painting & updating it trying to keep myself busy but I'm still lonely.

I have been reading my bible (multiple versions) & yet I feel like there is a void of some sorts. I KNOW God is working on me for his plan & I know he's not a yes man but this loneliness is depressing. I don't expect to always be "happy" or even part time. This time now is just very trying. I feel like I'm exhausted emotionally.

I'd like prayer for God to remove this void or loneliness whatever it is. God said that prayer is what his kids should to do so there isn't any better place to ask than here at TJ :)

Thank you brothers & sisters!

P.S. I'd also like to add a prayer for my friend Ruth. She's recently had her toes removed due to gangrene, she's diabetic and not a Christian but says she believes. But I know NOTHING is impossible for God.
I pray she recover from surgery & also that she turn to God & let him be her Lord & savior for her life.

Active
He has given me a solution to your unsatisfied soul sister. It's up to you how you respond but I believe it has been offered to you today. Out of identifying with you and the compassion He gives, may you always bubble with the purest love He is. There will be hills to climb but He does carry you know.

My strong hunger in the 30 minutes and the prayer request to my Amazing and Perfect Lord is this...I would love a prayer partner for every day. I could go to his place and he come here too. A sister is fine because all I want is to pray for needs, whether Ruth or persecuted church. I have a mic to hook upto computer, so online is ok too.

Loyal
When I was a very young Christian I was constantly reading my Bible looking for answers to all my questions I had. It seemed like the more I read the less I learned. I asked other believers how do you know when God is speaking to you. They all said, "brother, when you are reading the Bible that is God speaking to you". Sometimes I would ask the Lord a question, and then close my eyes and at random open up my Bible and start reading thinking the Lord was going to answer my question!!! That does not work, and never will. Yes, God can, and sometimes speak to us through his Word, in the Bible, but Jesus tells us something very very important about learning from the scriptures that I think a lot Christian fail to see. Jesus said this.......

John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Jesus said that he never spoke any thing on his own authority, but only what his Father had taught him. Jesus only spoke what he heard his Father say. The Lord being the Word of God that proceeds out of the mouth of his Father only speaks what he hears his Father say. This means the Word of God in the Bible will not speak to us until the Father speaks first!! Jesus said you first have to hear the Father's voice, and learn something from him, and only then come to him (Jesus, the Word of God) In other words the Bible will not speak to us until we hear our Heavenly Father voice and he teaches us something. This has totally changed my Christianity, and my relationship with the Lord more than anything else in the last 40 years. What does all this mean? It means if we do not have a intimate relationship with God the Father through prayer the Bible will always be a complete mystery to us.

There is no greater joy then the Lord God speaking to us and then confirming what he teaches us in his Word, along with the Holy Spirit bearing witness to what he has said to you.
I said all this because we are never alone, or lonely when we have a constant intimate relationship with the creator of all things visible, and invisible. He will give you joy unspeakable and full of glory, while you are in a intimate fellowship with him at all times.

Loyal
Be glad to pray for you. Get a new friend(s) in real life who is real in their Christian life, will pray for it to be.

Loyal
@LordKnows Praying for you right now, sister! We serve a God who is able in all situations. All of us have had, or still have, that emptiness of which you speak. If you keep on delving deep into scripture and opening your heart to Him regularly He will provide for you an even closer walk with Him.

Remember that God is not found through brainpower. Our abilities are all given to us by God. It is not the Einsteins who are always on the forefront with Jesus. Rather it is those who [no matter what abilities they do or do not have] start always at the bottom in surrender to Him. Bottom starting for me has been an answer and a blessing, but the end is not yet:

"But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.

For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:10-11