• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Heavenly Life

Hi,
I had a question. Do you believe once we get to heaven we will cease in learning about God? :?:

Will we know all to a certain degree or will God continue to reveal new things to us?

Biblical reference please.

UnAshamed

Personally, I believe this Earth is just the Kindergarten or it all. Remember, in Genesis, it stated:
In the beginning God made the heavens and the earth.
Therefore, when we get to heaven we will be sitting in another of his creations. We will be with him and we will know it, but we will forever be learning of the glory of God.

CS Lewis said:
For us to understand God is like Hamlet to understand Shakespeare.
Unless God reveals himself to us, we must merely survive on what we know. In heaven, God will reveal all, but in time.

Please consider 1 Cor 13:12 (KJV)

For now we see through a glass, darkly: but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

And we know that God knows the very number of hairs on our head. So if we are going to know Him like He knows us, we'll have alot of learning to do.

My personal opinion only .... I think all will be revealed once we make it to that wonderful place. Since there will be no more tears or sorrow or suffering I think at the same time all questions will be answered. Again, that's just my opinion.

Administrator
Staff Member
Re: re: Heavenly Life

AngieB said:
My personal opinion only .... I think all will be revealed once we make it to that wonderful place. Since there will be no more tears or sorrow or suffering I think at the same time all questions will be answered. Again, that's just my opinion.

That is actually the truth. I honestly don't memorize the part of Scripture that says this (my memory is lazy lol) but its true nonetheless.

:D Is this the verses of Scripture you are thinking about ?? :D

Revelation,21:3 -- 7
3,then i heard a mighty voice from the throne and i perceived its distinct words, saying," 'See ! The abode of God is with men, and He will live among them ; and they shall be His people, and God shall personally be with them and be their God. <see also > {Ezek,37:27}
4,God will wipe away every tear from their eyes ; and death shall be no more, neither shall there be anguish nor grief nor pain anymore, for the old conditions and the former order of things have passed away.' " <see also > {Isa,25:8 ; 35:10 }
5,and He Who is seated on the throne said," 'See ! I make all things new.'" also He said," 'Record this, for these sayings are faithful and true.' " <see also > {Isa,43:19}
6,and He said to me, " 'It is done ! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without price from the fountain of the water of Life. <see also > {Isa,55:1 }
7,he who is victorious shall inherit all these things, and I will be God to him and he shall be My son.' "