• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

He Gave Himself

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How voluntary was the death of our Lord Jesus! Five times we read that He “gave Himself.”

He gave Himself for our sins (Galatians:1: 4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father
He gave Himself a ransom for all (2 Timothy:2:6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.).

He loved the church and gave Himself for it (Ephesians:5:25
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.

How blessed it is to know that He gave Himself for us (Titus:2:14. Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.).

But what a personal privilege to be able to say that He loved me and gave Himself for me (Galatians:2:20. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.).

—Jim Flanigan, Choice Gleanings 2011