• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

He cannot sin. (1 John.)

Everyone born in the world is controlled by sin. In a person's becoming born of God, sin's power over him is broken. But what if I choose to continue to set my desire on wealth and possessions even though sin can't make me do it anymore?

Catholics and Protestants will say I am sinning, because the Law says not to do that. But I died to the Law when I was baptized into Christ. That whole business (of sin having power over me by means of the Law) is the very thing Jesus came and died so I could escape.

Nevertheless, if what I choose to do with my freedom, is pursue the desires the world can satisfy, instead of the desires the Spirit can satisfy, freedom was wasted on me.

This is our understanding,...........

..........the strength of sin is the Law (1 Corinthians 15:56).
Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4).
.......the law works wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression (Romans 4:15).
The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Romans 8:2-4).

"what if I choose to continue to set my desire on wealth and possessions even though sin can't make me do it anymore? "
He who overcomes (overcomes the world - John 16:33) will inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he will be My son (Revelation 21:7).
Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him,
because all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world (1 John 2:15-16).

All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not to death (1 John 5:17).
If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who does righteousness has been born of Him (1 John 2:29).
In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the Devil: everyone not practicing righteousness is not of God, also he who does not love his brother (1 John 3:10).

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
...............He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, (Titus 3:5).

Believers are reconciled to God and saved by being quickened together WITH Christ when forgiven of all trespasses by repenting and confessing their sins;
Believers overcome the world to be heirs of GOD IN Christ (born of the Spirit and raised incorruptible in the Kingdom of God);
Born again believers are conformed to the image of the Son to be a king or priest OF Christ (sanctified completely and "changed" to put on immortality - "perfection").

........and the "dead" in Christ shall rise first (1 Thessalonians 4:16b).

May GOD bless,.......

(All these things have I kept from my youth up.)

No one who is born of God sins. He cannot sin.

If any man sees his brother sin, we know that no one who is born of God sins.

Loyal
(All these things have I kept from my youth up.)

No one who is born of God sins. He cannot sin.

If any man sees his brother sin, we know that no one who is born of God sins.

how would you explain the following scripture

1 John 2:1
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

1 John 5:16

If anyone sees his brother committing a sin ... he shall ask, and God will give him life[.]

This is not rocket surgery. This is opening one's eyes, and seeing Catholic and Protestant dues collection for their own profit.

Everyone born in the world is controlled by sin. In a person's becoming born of God, sin's power over him is broken. But what if I choose to continue to set my desire on wealth and possessions even though sin can't make me do it anymore?

Catholics and Protestants will say I am sinning, because the Law says not to do that. But I died to the Law when I was baptized into Christ. That whole business (of sin having power over me by means of the Law) is the very thing Jesus came and died so I could escape.

Nevertheless, if what I choose to do with my freedom, is pursue the desires the world can satisfy, instead of the desires the Spirit can satisfy, freedom was wasted on me.

It's not a sin to have money and possessions but that shouldn't be our main focus.

Definitely the Catholic church and the false prophet the Pope. But I don't agree with that blanket statement about the protestant churches.

Luther just borrowed the Catholic religion, and left out the Catholics.

"Strive to enter in by the narrow gate." "Few there be who find it."

One billion Protestants in the world today.