• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

having trouble trusting GOD...please pray for me

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

I am trying hard not to worry about this but having people pray would make me feel better.
I'm a nanny and I thought I'd be getting a raise this month but my boss is pregnant and a little moody and apparently she doesn't think I merit one right now... even though I thought I was going "the extra mile" for her quite a bit... am feeling really unappreciated right now. She is due in March and has told me that when she has the baby she will be going on maternity leave for SIX months and will only need me part time then, maybe 25 hours a week. I am worried about what I will do for income then because I'm barely making it by NOW. Please pray that God will provide me with either the full 40 hours at my nanny job that I work with or a 2nd job, or that SOMETHING will work out in the spring... that God will give me some guidance on what to do because I just don't know what to do. My "2nd baby raise" which was supposed to come when the 2nd baby was born, "will not be merited" until she goes back to work which won't be til August/September... I am just worried about this whole situation. I really need some peace of mind and some guidance about this whole situation. I really love the baby I take care of now, she is a real joy, but I don't know what to do about all this.

Luke 17:6 New International Version (©1984)
He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.
I pray God helps you have faith the size of a peach seed.

Matthew 6:34 New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Which of you can add a day to his life by worrying about it?
“The Bible recognizes that inequalities will inevitably arise in a `fallen' society. ..."

We know the LORD cares for the sparrow, we need to trust that HE cares for us!

God’s eye is on the sparrow
and sees your darkest night;
you will not be left comfortless [I](nor helpless)[/I],
for you are God’s delight.
chorus @ God?s Eye Is on the Sparrow | spiritandsong.com

Matthew 10:29-31 (Amplified Bible)
29 Are not two little sparrows sold for a penny? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father's leave (consent) and notice.
30 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31 Fear not, then; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Matthew 6:26-27 (New International Version)
26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life [a]?
------- [a] Or single cubit to his height

We are precious to God. God will take care of us. God’s eye is on the sparrow. God’s eye is on you with tenderness. God’s heartbeat is love. You are cherished, valued, loved beyond understanding just as you are.

May you be blessed w/the tender love & care of God.

Peace to you from your Provider & Protector, Jesus.

I am trying hard not to worry about this but having people pray would make me feel better.
I'm a nanny and I thought I'd be getting a raise this month but my boss is pregnant and a little moody and apparently she doesn't think I merit one right now... even though I thought I was going "the extra mile" for her quite a bit... am feeling really unappreciated right now. She is due in March and has told me that when she has the baby she will be going on maternity leave for SIX months and will only need me part time then, maybe 25 hours a week. I am worried about what I will do for income then because I'm barely making it by NOW. Please pray that God will provide me with either the full 40 hours at my nanny job that I work with or a 2nd job, or that SOMETHING will work out in the spring... that God will give me some guidance on what to do because I just don't know what to do. My "2nd baby raise" which was supposed to come when the 2nd baby was born, "will not be merited" until she goes back to work which won't be til August/September... I am just worried about this whole situation. I really need some peace of mind and some guidance about this whole situation. I really love the baby I take care of now, she is a real joy, but I don't know what to do about all this.
My friend if you take the time to really get to know Him trusting Him gets easy.

Do nicely let this lady know that you can't make it on that salary cut.

I have a feeling that dear lady will be changing her mind shortly but if not I will be believing God for a better position for you.

Praying and asking the Lord to increase your faith and to provide for you accordingly.

Biblical Words of Encouragement

Ps. 9:9-10 NIV &/or KJV
The LORD is a REFUGE, stronghold & high place for the oppressed, a refuge, stronghold & high place in times of trouble¨. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have NEVER forsaken those who seek you.

Ps. 31:24 & 32:7 (NIV) Be strong & take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. ... You are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble & surround me with songs of DELIVERANCE.

Ps. 32:7 (NIV) You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble & surround me with songs of & DELIVERANCE.

Ps. 37:39b-40 (NIV) He is their STRONGHOLD in time of trouble. The LORD helps them & DELIVERs them; he DELIVERS them ... & SAVES them, because they take REFUGE in him.

part of - Psalms 41:1-2 (NIV)
BLESSed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD DELIVERS him in times of trouble. The LORD will protect him & preserve his life; he will BLESS him in the land

Ps. 59:9-10a,16A2-17 - combo of versions
O my Strength, I watch for You; You, O God, are my fortress, defense, high place, & stronghold, my loving God. ... I will sing of your strength & power, in the morning I will joyfully sing aloud of your love, mercy, & lovingkindness; for You are my fortress, stronghold, defense & REFUGE in times of trouble & in the day of my distress. O my Strength, I sing praise to You; You, O God, are my fortress, stronghold & defense, my loving God of...mercy,...who shows me lovingkindness.

Ps. 60:11-12a (KJV) Give us help from our trouble; for vain is the help of man. Through God we shall do valiantly

Ps. 91:15 (NIV)
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will DELIVER him and honor him.

Even when sowing is accompanied by trouble or sorrow, harvest brings joy. <[BottomNote for Ps. ch.126-128.]

Proverbs 11: 8a (NIV)
The righteous man is RESCUED from trouble

Nahum 1:7-8a (NIV) {suggest read all of chapter}
The LORD is good, a REFUGE in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him

Isa. 65:10 (NIV) "And Sharon shall be a pasture land for flocks, And the valley of trouble a resting place for herds, For My people who seek Me

John 16:33 (NIV) "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace.
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart!
I have overcome the world."

God's got you in the palm of His hand.

Last edited: