Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Having the "last word"

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by B-A-C, Feb 21, 2015.

Random Thread
  1. Good reminder. I need to constantly ask myself, Am I in this discussion to score points and win my side of the argument, or to discern with others what God is saying?

For the record, my walk with Christ Jesus has been advanced far more by the arguments I've 'lost' than it has by those I have 'won'.

Sent from a mobile device
    Br. Bear likes this.
  2. It is better to be silent and lose (in the worlds eyes) an argument, than continue to throw your pearls before those who dont value pearls.

amadeus2 likes this.
  3. I am a slow learner and forgetful doer, all too often, realising afterwards that there is a better way....

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
    The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
    The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
    A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.

Proverbs 15:1-4​

Brad Huber and amadeus2 like this.
  4. The last word...Amen!

Sent from a mobile device
  5. It's become easier through the years for me to just shake it off and walk away.

6. Me too, brother.

I'm getting there slowly, but still tend to take on too much of a bulldog grip when I think I know I'm right. :smile: