• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Administrator
Staff Member
A very good friend (and counselor) has recommended these highly rated books. Have any of you read these?

51JAXctyoTL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
51-FijsrD1L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
51ZE84GV6HL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

[TR1][TD1]The freedom in falling short of God’s standard relies on His gift of grace. Unfortunately, too many of us forget the free offer. We spend our lives basing our relationship with God on our performance rather than on Him. We see our identity as never being worthy of His love.[/TD1][TD1]Robert McGee's best-selling book has helped millions of readers learn how to be free to enjoy Christ's love while no longer basing their self-worth on their accomplishments or the opinions of others.[/TD1][TD1]
"In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" So sings the Psalmist. But quote that to a crime victim or a junior high student and they'll tell you fear of "mortal men" can prove a formidable obstacle! Here Welch offers biblical insight and solutions for a pervasive weakness in today's church.
[/TD1][/TR1]

Chad - I've been searching for another book to read but am hindered by a lack of knowledge about authors. Are you recommending these books?

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
No, I haven't.
Thanks for the recommendation. I think the third one looks interesting.

Active
I attended a weeks-long class that did an in-depth study on "The Search for Significance". I highly recommend it.

I attended a weeks-long class that did an in-depth study on "The Search for Significance". I highly recommend it.

I'm reading When People are Big and God is Small. It's an awesome book. If someone is trying to get back into the real world from a career in law enforcement, military, or some time of covert team it will definitely help.

A very good friend (and counselor) has recommended these highly rated books. Have any of you read these?

51JAXctyoTL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
51-FijsrD1L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
51ZE84GV6HL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

[TR1][TD1]The freedom in falling short of God’s standard relies on His gift of grace. Unfortunately, too many of us forget the free offer. We spend our lives basing our relationship with God on our performance rather than on Him. We see our identity as never being worthy of His love.[/TD1][TD1]Robert McGee's best-selling book has helped millions of readers learn how to be free to enjoy Christ's love while no longer basing their self-worth on their accomplishments or the opinions of others.[/TD1][TD1]
"In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" So sings the Psalmist. But quote that to a crime victim or a junior high student and they'll tell you fear of "mortal men" can prove a formidable obstacle! Here Welch offers biblical insight and solutions for a pervasive weakness in today's church.
[/TD1][/TR1]

The Great Exchange: My Sin for His Righteousness | Jerry Bridges, Bob Bevington | digital library bookzz
This is another one of jerrys books!