• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Have you ever, Been put to The Test, Since you been with GOD? The Hard TesT, Have you really been Tried?

Loyal
I have, I was in the Mountains, in Quebec, Canada, in The Glade area. Snow Cap Mountains, It was 6 below zero, and By the Choice of The French Guides, she became my Skiing Partner for the next six days, from 8am to 4 pm in the Mountains. I sat down beside her in that close knit ski lift, despite it was 6 below Zero, steam start to come out of my collar and sweat started to run down my face! She had just stepped from the "Cover Page" of "McCall's" Magazine! You talking about a "Snow Bunny" she was setting right next to me! And was going to be with me for 6 long days! And by day 3 she had planted a Kiss on my cheek! I had to pray hard, "Have you ever heard the song: "If loving you is wrong, I don't want to do Right" It look like "Betty Crocker" bake her and poured her into that Jump Suit", I prayed, I told GOD, help me, I don't want to do right! If i get a chance, I'm going. and She press me hard! I was so scared that i would give in. I told my wife. My wife even said: that is the Most Beautiful Woman she ever seen. By day 5 every one knew she was after me! And i wanted to go. He kept me! I was put to the test! and I failed, yes i did, He kept me! Day 6 she didn't show up. Somebody kept her at the motel. :eyes: She would look at me, in the dinning rooms and the whole room knew she was after me! And I was "The Blackest" Thing on the Mountain! and I could Ski like the "Frenchmen"! I was surely put to the test and failed. But GOD didn't failed me, He kept me when i couldn't keep myself.

I used to here people speak about "The abundant Life." The Life in Jesus, puts a new meaning than "the Abundant life" that the world conceives.

It cannot be explain. "The Abundant Life" that we receive in "Christ"! is beyond all explanations.

Is there anyone else, if so, step up to the plate, don't be shy.

It is time for us the true Children of GOD to start telling The Truth. For we have beed saved by Grace and not of ourselves! and once we have been saved, He Keeps! us! for we cannot keep ourselves! For we are, "The Sons of GOD" for we cannot help for who we are! and We are not afraid to Proclaim "The Truth"!

Loyal
I get this too. Women everywhere flinging themselves at me. Most of them are Hollywood actresses and supermodels. It's a rare day that nobody posts their panties through my letterbox while I'm eating breakfast.

Some even put themselves in physical danger, scaling razor wire and electric fences just to get a look at me or to stroke my hair.

*sigh*

Loyal
I get this too. Women everywhere flinging themselves at me. Most of them are Hollywood actresses and supermodels. It's a rare day that nobody posts their panties through my letterbox while I'm eating breakfast.

Some even put themselves in physical danger, scaling razor wire and electric fences just to get a look at me or to stroke my hair.

*sigh*
And that was about 30 years ago: and I am still standing on "That Rock"! If you are mocking me, Mock on!
I failed the Test, it was the evil that was still in me. For the world will be the "World". But He kept me that i might identify the wickedness of my own evil Heart, And I am not ashamed to tell "The Truth", For It IS "THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO JESUS CHRIST" and Not the gospel about Jesus Christ, according to a corrupted man! "Oh, wretched i am"!

"What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord!" He Kept me, i did not keep myself!"

And I am "BRAGGING"! and bragging at "Full Tilt", and I will not get off, my High Horse! Giddyup! "what the LORD have done for me, even in my weakness!
(2 Corinthians 11)ASV
"Who is weak without me being weak? Who is led into sin without my intense concern?
If I have to boast, I will boast of what pertains to my weakness. The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, He who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying."

Giddyup, Cluck, Cluck! I am reminded of the words of Apostle PAUL, who was counted faithful, He said: "Follow me as I follow Christ".:pensive:
(2 Corinthians 12)NIV
" I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth."

2 Corinthians 12:9
But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me."

I did own up to my weakness in my earlier years in Christ! And I refused to here the Lies, of those who proclaim to know HIs "Truth" in Christ Jesus"!

For I am "sam" near a "Genius" for I had a lot weaknesses< When i got saved: I went to JESUS , WHO sits on "The Throne" My "HIGH PRIEST" according to The ORDER of MELCHIZEDEK.
(Hebrews 5)BSB
"And having been made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him and was designated by God as high priest in the order of Melchizedek. We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain, because you are dull of hearing."…

Loyal
When Paul boasted in his weakness, he did so for a very specific time, place and purpose. It was intended to deal with a problem in the Corinthians church.

It's nothing to own up to the weaknesses of three decades ago, and not particularly helpful to broadcast them. It's the besetting failings of today that need attention.

Loyal
When Paul boasted in his weakness, he did so for a very specific time, place and purpose. It was intended to deal with a problem in the Corinthians church.

It's nothing to own up to the weaknesses of three decades ago, and not particularly helpful to broadcast them. It's the besetting failings of today that need attention.
Wonder how did you ever come to that conclusion:worried: Did someone instruct you into such thought patterns. Or did you arrived, by your intense studying of "The Book" in the volume. Or was it by some "Divine Authority" who counted you as "Faithful" to proclaim to the "whole world" the "Interpretation" and explanation of a generated "weakness," created and design by GOD, for a specific purpose.
(2 Corinthians 12)BSB
"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected inweakness.” Therefore I will boast all the moregladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me."

[Not in everybody but some]:pensive:

You have a nice day!

Loyal
I came to that conclusion by reading 2 Corinthians. There were divisive people in Corinth attempting to undermine Paul's apostolic authority. The congregation was on the verge of splitting into different sects after different leaders.

Paul responds by asserting his authority, but he does it by boasting in his weakness. It's a passage that's highly rhetorical and dripping with irony. I'm sure the atmosphere in the fellowship was very very uncomfortable when the letter was first read.

Loyal
'Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:
but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able;
but will with the temptation also make a way to escape,
that ye may be able to bear it.'
(1Cor 10:12-13)

'But This Man, because He continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him,
seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.'
(Heb 7:24-25)

Hello @PloughBoy,

Yes, I have been tried and tested: but can testify to the truth of both these Scriptures. God does make a way of escape that we may be able to bear it: and Christ does save to the uttermost those that come unto God by Him.

Praise His Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
I came to that conclusion by reading 2 Corinthians. There were divisive people in Corinth attempting to undermine Paul's apostolic authority. The congregation was on the verge of splitting into different sects after different leaders.

Paul responds by asserting his authority, but he does it by boasting in his weakness. It's a passage that's highly rhetorical and dripping with irony. I'm sure the atmosphere in the fellowship was very very uncomfortable when the letter was first read.
How do you come to all that conclusion, as well. Did the congregation have a "Bible" a New Testament, a house, a building or a small one room shack, or a Script on christianity, on how it is to be advocated. Paul's Apostolic authority? They were not living in the 20th century. The Verge of splitting from what? Have you even considered the year of the lettering written to the Congregation in Corinth. And the Paganistic environment of the City of Corinth. the Populace. Really. you speak as if they had a "Gutenberg"
and a place of a "Wittenberg". There were a many of "Coppersmiths" eroding Paul's defense of the Gospel According to Jesus Christ" most who where in the early "New Testament" Era, had no idea, what the "New Testament" was or about, although they were believers and many were the true "Children of GOD". They where babes, babies. who need bottles and to only drink Milk! by faithful FEEDERS! Nothing But MILK, Milk Only! really.

I will take my leave concerning this matter. Please.
To others, enjoy reading your Bibles in the contents it was written in and God will give you the increase.
Have a nice day.

Loyal
You ask a barrage of questions, and at the end say that you are taking your leave. Are you wanting or expecting a reply from me?