• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Have any one experience a "Truly" Miraculous healing from God through a faith healer I mean a "Miraculous" Healing, that is Impossible.

Active
Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was being fulfilled, all were together in the one place.
2:2 And suddenly a sound came from heaven as of a mighty wind rushing, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
2:3 And tongues as if of fire being distributed appeared to them; and it sat upon each of them.
2:4 And all were filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 3:1 Now Peter and John were going up into the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth.
3:2 And a certain man that was lame from his mother’s womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the door of the temple called Beautiful to ask an alms of them that entered into the temple;
3:3 who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, asked to receive an alms.
3:4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him, with John, said, Look on us.
3:5 And he gave heed to them, expecting to receive something from them.
3:6 But Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but what I have, that give I thee. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazorean, walk.
3:7 And he took him by the right hand, and raised him up: and immediately his feet and ankle-bones received strength.
3:8 And leaping up, he stood, and began to walk; and he entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
3:9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God:
3:10 and they took knowledge of him, that it was he that sat for alms at the Beautiful Gate of the temple; and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.
I just know that you have a point to make.

Active
Smith Wigglesworth was another one in the 1900s where many claimed his healings and raised fourteen people from the dead.

From article:

There were numerous claims of divine healing during Wigglesworth's ministry.[14] These include a woman healed of a tumor, a woman healed of tuberculosis, a wheelchair-confined woman walking, and many more.[15] There were reports that people were raised from the dead, including his wife Polly.[16]

Many people said they were cured of cancer by Jesus Christ through him. Wigglesworth, whose only training was as a plumber, described cancer as "a living evil spirit", and insisted that many diseases were "Satanic in origin".[17] His methods often involved hitting, slapping, or punching the afflicted part of the body. On a number of occasions his approach to persons suffering from stomach complaints was to punch them in the stomach, sometimes with such force that it propelled them across the room. When challenged on this, his response was "I don't hit them, I hit the devil". Responding to criticism over his method of praying for the sick, Wigglesworth stated: "You might think by the way I went about praying for the sick that I was sometimes unloving and rough, but oh, friends, you have no idea what I see behind the sickness and the one who is afflicted. I am not dealing with the person; I am dealing with the satanic forces that are binding the afflicted". On one occasion Wigglesworth declared to the sick "I'll only pray for you once, to pray twice is unbelief". The second night, a man approached the altar to receive prayer again and Wigglesworth, recognizing him, said "Didn't I pray for you last night? You are full of unbelief, get off this platform!"[18] This last statement should be seen in light of Smith Wigglesworth often praying for hours for/with one person until they were healed. The above-mentioned man would have been provocative for example, so he told him what he needed to hear. On other occasions Wigglesworth mentions a change of heart in a person who did not experience healing, which then led to healing the second time round. One of his principles was "if one promises healing, one should stay and pray until it's done".

-this man sounded tougher then nails though. Lol...

Loyal
@Mayflower -- clicked into the article -- interesting. A woman preacher is not Biblical. A preacher being the husband of one wife. A man.

Divine healing -- okay --God heals either in this life or in heaven if the person is born again.

The raising people from the dead -- those 14. What are they doing in their lives as a result Of that. Are they actually completely dead? There are times when people are in coma conditions. Or now days people are put into medically induced coma to aid in healing brain injuries. Sometimes they get better and sometimes not.

Supposedly his wife, Paula was raised from the dead.

He sounds like somewhat of a confused individual. So, I'd say -- No thank you. to him and his 'ministry'.

Active
@Mayflower -- clicked into the article -- interesting. A woman preacher is not Biblical. A preacher being the husband of one wife. A man.

Divine healing -- okay --God heals either in this life or in heaven if the person is born again.

The raising people from the dead -- those 14. What are they doing in their lives as a result Of that. Are they actually completely dead? There are times when people are in coma conditions. Or now days people are put into medically induced coma to aid in healing brain injuries. Sometimes they get better and sometimes not.

He sounds like somewhat of a confused individual. So, I'd say -- No thank you. to him and his 'ministry'.

All I can do is present to you to what I have. We definitely have different beliefs that if we discussed them here, the topic would get off track. But I do think what we both can agree on is that God is able to do far more then what we can ever say, imagine, or think. David Wilkerson is another. Miracles just seemed to follow the man and that is where Teen Challenge came as a result bringing millions to Christ Jesus and deliverance. You can deny every person who has done miracles and healings that they are false and not of God. But you can not deny what God has done through them and the many who have come to Christ as a result.

Loyal
@Mayflower -- I Have heard of David Wilkerson -- his book "The Cross and the Switchblade". And I also Googled him. Different than the other people you've brought up.

I'm not denying miracles and healings -- I'm questioning the raising people from the dead.

Active
@Mayflower -- I Have heard of David Wilkerson -- his book "The Cross and the Switchblade". And I also Googled him. Different than the other people you've brought up.

I'm not denying miracles and healings -- I'm questioning the raising people from the dead.

I understand that part. But do you believe that through the power of God the dead still can be raised today or that He cannot?

Loyal
Nothing is impossible with God -- And All the dead Will be raised eventually.

God's Word emphasizes salvation through the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross. His death, burial and bodily resurrection on the 3rd day.

There were only two instances of the dead being brought back to life in God's Word.

What people Claim to do and what actually happens might be two different things. It Should be bringing glory and honor to Him. And what was their life like after being raised from the dead. And were they 'near-death experiences' or actual death.

In the Old Testament there was an instance where God Did extend the life of one man because the man was dying and begged God to let him live. Those extra years were not glorifying to Him.

It should Not be the goal of a person To be able to bring someone back to life. There Are those who have been in accidents and CPR Does bring them 'back'. Not questioning those who have been able to use mouth-to-mouth to save a life.

But when people say that part of their ministry Is resurrecting people -- That would be questioned.

Active
Nothing is impossible with God -- And All the dead Will be raised eventually.

God's Word emphasizes salvation through the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross. His death, burial and bodily resurrection on the 3rd day.

There were only two instances of the dead being brought back to life in God's Word.

What people Claim to do and what actually happens might be two different things. It Should be bringing glory and honor to Him. And what was their life like after being raised from the dead. And were they 'near-death experiences' or actual death.

In the Old Testament there was an instance where God Did extend the life of one man because the man was dying and begged God to let him live. Those extra years were not glorifying to Him.

It should Not be the goal of a person To be able to bring someone back to life. There Are those who have been in accidents and CPR Does bring them 'back'. Not questioning those who have been able to use mouth-to-mouth to save a life.

But when people say that part of their ministry Is resurrecting people -- That would be questioned.

It is untrue that there were only two instances the dead were raised in the Bible. There are several accounts

Active
I would also say that just because it isn't mentioned, since God's Word is about the Gospel, doesn't mean the dead were not being raised. Jesus even commanded His disciples to raise the dead.

"These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give."
Matthew 10:5‭-‬8 NASB1995

(I got to go to work. Y'all have a great day. :) )

Active

A woman preacher is not biblical...Sue...Lets not get into that nonsense here...Please

Loyal
I would also say that just because it isn't mentioned, since God's Word is about the Gospel, doesn't mean the dead were not being raised. Jesus even commanded His disciples to raise the dead.

"These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give."
Matthew 10:5‭-‬8 NASB1995

(I got to go to work. Y'all have a great day. :) )

For when you find 'this' after work -- the Matthew 10 passage -- that was specifically to His disciples at that particular time and place. They were told to Not go to the Gentiles and to Not enter the city of the Samaritans. But to go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

You and I are quoting the same passage -- you are picking up on 'raise the dead' And I'm reading the rest of that passage.

Active
Healed-Stuart.png
I was raised in the U.S.A. in a strict Seventh Day Adventist family, but as a teenager I stopped going to church.
When I was 20 I realized I was not happy. So I decided to read the Bible to see if it had any answers for me.
I started in the New Testament, and was amazed at how exciting it was with miracles and deep parables, and a promise that said believers would speak in tongues and pray for miracles.
I decided that I wanted to be a Christian and said a prayer, telling God that I wanted to give my life to Jesus.
In 1991 I was working in England and one day I was standing on a street corner, and a man told me that I needed to repent, be baptized, and receive the Holy Spirit - speaking in tongues - and that this still happened today.
I looked up all the scriptures that he gave me, and was amazed to find what he said was true.
I went to a church that was exactly like what I'd read about in the Bible. I got baptized, and a few days later I received the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, which was the most awesome thing.
I was delivered from fear of death, and the Lord has given me peace, direction and meaning that I could never find before.
My wife and I fasted and prayed when she couldn't conceive, and now we have two children.
I was healed from a strange blood condition when many of the saints fasted and prayed for me.

Home - THE REVIVAL FELLOWSHIP, FRESNO (trffresno.org)

Active
I went to a church that was exactly like what I'd read about in the Bible. I got baptized, and a few days later I received the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, which was the most awesome thing.
Saved, sins forgiven, born in to the family of God, but speaking in tongues was the most awesome thing.

Active
Saved, sins forgiven, born in to the family of God, but speaking in tongues was the most awesome thing.
Speaking in tongues when baptised in the Holy Spirit is truly awesome.
It is miraculous and God given. A spiritual prayer language that avails much for a believer.
Often accompanied with the awesome revelation that Jesus is God and Saviour and that He and the Father now dwell within the believer.
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Active
Speaking in tongues when baptised in the Holy Spirit is truly awesome.
It is miraculous and God given. A spiritual prayer language that avails much for a believer.
Often accompanied with the awesome revelation that Jesus is God and Saviour and that He and the Father now dwell within the believer.
This is not what the author of the post said . I agree with what you said .

Loyal

You're saying -- agreeing that the speaking in tongues was the Most awesome thing? The speaking in tongues is but one of many spiritual gifts that the Holy Spirit Can give to a born again believer.

I'd probably say that the inner peace brought by the immediate indwelling of the Holy Spirit would be the most awesome thing.

Almost seems like an Over - emphasis on tongues.

How about the growing in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Being able to share Gospel unto salvation with another person / leading them to Christ.

Active
For when you find 'this' after work -- the Matthew 10 passage -- that was specifically to His disciples at that particular time and place. They were told to Not go to the Gentiles and to Not enter the city of the Samaritans. But to go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

You and I are quoting the same passage -- you are picking up on 'raise the dead' And I'm reading the rest of that passage.

I'll keep studying then sister, but I do believe that the resurrection power of Jesus Christ is still active today for the lost sheep of Israel. And that it is important, because only God can raise the dead.

I found this in Matthew 28 and found it interesting. This is the Great Commission, but it is right before Jesus ascended back into Heaven. Bold are my points. Rest for context.

"But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:16‭-‬20 NASB1995

In another place in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man who went to Sheol, it says this:

And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father’s house— for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ But Abraham *said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ But he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!’ But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”
Luke 16:27‭-‬31 NASB1995

Most people will not see the dead raised in their lifetime. They have the Word of God. Signs are for unbelievers, not supposed to be for Christians. I think the reason why it happens where David Hogan goes, is because there is no Word there like there is here. Like when Jesus walked on earth and John the Baptist sent for an answer on whether He was the Christ, He didn't just say yes. He told them this:

"Summoning two of his disciples, John sent them to the Lord, saying, “Are You the Expected One, or do we look for someone else?” When the men came to Him, they said, “John the Baptist has sent us to You, to ask, ‘Are You the Expected One, or do we look for someone else?’ ” At that very time He cured many people of diseases and afflictions and evil spirits; and He gave sight to many who were blind. And He answered and said to them, “Go and report to John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive sight , the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have the gospel preached to them . Blessed is he who does not take offense at Me.”
Luke 7:19‭-‬23 NASB1995

Those in magic and things... They can do A LOT. But they cannot do what God can do.

Active
You're saying -- agreeing that the speaking in tongues was the Most awesome thing? The speaking in tongues is but one of many spiritual gifts that the Holy Spirit Can give to a born again believer.

I'd probably say that the inner peace brought by the immediate indwelling of the Holy Spirit would be the most awesome thing.

Almost seems like an Over - emphasis on tongues.

How about the growing in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Being able to share Gospel unto salvation with another person / leading them to Christ.
No Sue I was trying to say

Your Saved, your sins forgiven, you are born in to the family of God, all that but the author said speaking in tongues was the most awesome thing. I would think having your sins forgiven being born again Saved would be the most awesome .. And i am pentecostal