• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Hang On!

Hang On!

HEBREWS 10:23 NKJ
23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without
wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Sometimes it seems like there's no hope and no help. Like you
have no more strength or ability to go on. You're at the end of
yourself and just can't do any more.

Don't worry. Just hang on to your faith in God.

God is faithful. He will not forsake you. He has not forgotten
you. (It just seems that way when you face a trial of faith --
but it's a lie.)

It may seem dark and hopeless, but God is holding on to you.
God is working behind the scenes. Things will work out.

When you don't know what to do, just continue to trust in God,
and know that He is helping you. Persevere even when you feel
like you can't. Just don't give up.

JAMES 1:2-4 Barclay
2 My brothers, you must regard it as nothing but joy when you
are involved in all kinds of trials,
3 for you must realize that when faith has passed through the
ordeal of testing the result is the ability to pass the
breaking-point and not to break.
4 This ability must go right on to the end, and then you will
be perfect and complete, without a weak spot.

Trials are no fun. But we should not be surprised when we find
our faith being tested.

The devil is doing his best to steal your faith in God, but his
best is not good enough. God is greater than the devil. Hang on
to your faith!

Remember that God is for you. God is on your side. God will
help you and see you through.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Keep praising
and thanking God -- especially when you don't feel like it.
Don't give up. Hang on!

SAY THIS: I won't give up on God. I trust in Him.

Amen well put Mike.
I would add recognize the attacks in all forms, and if you don't have or don't know of the ammo to fight it bring it here for your brothers and sisters to arm you in the trust and word of the Lord.

good post brother

Amen Mike Amen!

at times when we go through these trials we find it very difficult to trust God and know that He is still there. even though sometimes He may feel distant. Your right, the enemy wants to steal our joy and faith in the Lord. Hang on!

Thank you for posting this Mike.... THis is something we need to be reminded of constantly. God Bless you

Administrator
Staff Member
Amen and amen :) Great post brother.

Luke 11:13
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

Luke 12:27-29
27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith? 29 “And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind

Matthew 6:25-27
Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

Thank you so much for posting this, Mike! Very encouraging.
The spiritual fight we have to go through IS tough, and recently I got to realize that it is much tougher than I could ever imagine...but we've got to hold on!

Amen, great thread Mike and posts everyone. This topic has been on my heart lately and not just trials from Satan He allows but God's refinement too. A scripture came across KLOVE's encouraging word that really ministered to me too. Pruning is a good thing, but it hurts!

John 15:2
Every branch in me that bears no fruit
he cuts away
adn every branch that does bear fruit he prunes
to make it bear even more.

Last edited:
I want to share something that correlates with the below part of Chad's quote above.
_
Do Not Worry
_
Matthew 6:25-27
25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on.
{from: ch. 10, pp. 133-134 of "The PRINCESS", A Novel by LORI WICK, HARVEST HOUSE Publishers, Library of Congress Catalog # 98-47195}
_
"I remember the first time it occured to me that anxiety was a sin. I was a teen at a camp, and the speaker was telling about when he’d come to Christ. He’d wrestled and fought against the Lord for years, and when he finally came to Christ, his children wanted nothing to do with him. One went as far as to pack his bags and move out.
_
"I remember sitting there as the man described the scene. The 18-year-old son went storming out of the house, his father going after him and trying to speak with him, but the young man would have none of it. The father was forced to stand and watch as his son threw his bag into the back of the car and tore down the street with enough speed to kill someone, maybe himself. The speaker said he stood there and felt worry crowding in but made himself stop. I’ll never forget his words. ‘In my new found faith I knew that worry was a sin. I had no choice but to give my son to God, even if I never saw him again.’
_
"There I sat," Pastor Allen went on, "just a teen mind you. But even in my youth I asked God how that could be. I sat there and said, ‘Not even then, Lord? Not even when someone I love might be hurt? Do you mean I can’t ever worry?’ I remember my heart crying out those words to the Lord. You see I had been worrying my self sick over college. How would I pay for it? Should I sell my car? Should I attend now or save for a while?"
_
The pastor paused and looked out at all of them. "I saw that day that worry was a sin. Our text here in Matthew 6, Jesus’ own words, makes that perfectly clear, but I hadn’t read my Bible very much at that time. After that experience at camp, I dug deeply and learned that when it comes to worry, God is very serious.
_
"When we worry we say to God, ‘I can’t trust You. You’re not doing Your job, so I’m going to step in and take over.’ We can’t just call that arrogance and foolishness --- it’s sin."
_ ...
"God is able to bear all that you are fretting about. He has made a plan. He has made provision. There are no shoulders larger or more capable than His. Give that worry, what ever it is, to God."
Work in both our hearts, and help me to believe that no matter how far we have to go, You’ll be with us every step of the way.

cuprunsovr said:
Amen well put Mike.
I would add recognize the attacks in all forms, and if you don't have or don't know of the ammo to fight it bring it here for your brothers and sisters to arm you in the trust and word of the Lord.
good post brother

What if someone sins against me and willingly denies it and then spreads rumors about me saying what they did to me is what was done to them?

Administrator
Staff Member
Take it from me sister, I have great experience in such gossip. I've caught "friends" here on Talk Jesus in gossip and had to deal with them sternly.

Look at what GOD tells us to do.

Matthew 18:21-22
21 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”
22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

Matthew 5:43-45
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,[b] 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.