• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Hagi Sophia mosque/once a Cathedral. The return of Christ

Active
Brothers and sisters,
What do you think about the news today on the Hagi Sophia Mosque?
David Hathaway believes that until the Mosque in Jerusalem is taken down and replaced with a Cathederal to bring back Christianity as leader of Jerulaslems faith, there will be no return of Christ until this happens.

Active
Brothers and sisters,
David Hathaway believes that until the Mosque in Jerusalem is taken down and replaced with a Cathederal to bring back Christianity as leader of Jerulaslems faith, there will be no return of Christ until this happens.
I believe scripture speaks of a third temple Josephine, I haven't heard of a cathederal, I thought the church of Christ is built of living stones, not dead ones however ornately they are put together.

Loyal
Haji Sophia was built as a Christian Cathedral, then converted to a Mosque, then a museum, now being reused again as a mosque. Most neutral observers see this as a divisive and provocative move. It's probably more about using religion to leverage political power than anything else.

I'm not too exercised by the idea of plans for mosques, cathedrals or temples in Jerusalem, and I'm deeply sceptical of theories of their significance. Ultimately, the future for Jerusalem is without a temple: 'I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.' Revelation 21:22

I could go into detail, but the main takeaway would be: God's plans for humankind and creation are not dependent on buildings.

Loyal
Muslims captured constaninople from Christians who held the city and built the beautiful Cathedral a long time ago. It was considered one of the wonders of the ancient world. It was considered one of two cities that were most prized by christians for a long time (rome was the other). They also had many, so many, religious artifacts from the time of Christ. Today we dont know what happened to those religious artifacts, whether they were moved to rome, or taken and possibly destroyed by the muslims. Yes, it was eventually converted to a museum, but now with all the hatred for christianity, its being converted back to a mosque. Scripture speaks of a 3rd temple in Jerusalem, which hasnt happened yet, but nothing about a church.

Loyal
The idea that there will be a third temple has always struck me as flimsy. I'm not sure any text bears it out.

The orginal tabernacle and the first and second temples were places where heaven and earth met -- where God almighty was present. Since the day of Pentecost, God's presence is fully wherever men and women dwell in Jesus. So if there were are third temple built, it might be a stunning piece of architecture, but it could not have the significance of its forbears. God has done a new thing.

Active
I believe scripture speaks of a third temple Josephine, I haven't heard of a cathederal, I thought the church of Christ is built of living stones, not dead ones however ornately they are put together.
Yes sorry Trevor I forgot it was a temple not a Cathedral. I don't understand the 'living stones' from 'dead ones'? If you have time could explain this to me please. :)

Active
Muslims captured constaninople from Christians who held the city and built the beautiful Cathedral a long time ago. It was considered one of the wonders of the ancient world. It was considered one of two cities that were most prized by christians for a long time (rome was the other). They also had many, so many, religious artifacts from the time of Christ. Today we dont know what happened to those religious artifacts, whether they were moved to rome, or taken and possibly destroyed by the muslims. Yes, it was eventually converted to a museum, but now with all the hatred for christianity, its being converted back to a mosque. Scripture speaks of a 3rd temple in Jerusalem, which hasnt happened yet, but nothing about a church.
Why is there so much hatred for Christianity?

Active
Brothers and sisters,
I think that this issue is not having to do with Christianity in itself, because we read in the Bible that God is not living in a temple made by man's hands, but a group of believers forms the church. And beside that this was a Greek Christian orthodox temple. This is going to have rather a political impact and will heat up again the relations between Muslims and Christians.
Surely this is an important matter that will probably have to do other events, which will happen in the future, but I personally think that it mustn't bother us too much, because here we are speaking just for a building. If this would effect the Christian faith then is different, but I said, think that this will have more of a political impact.

Active
I think that this issue is not having to do with Christianity in itself, because we read in the Bible that God is not living in a temple made by man's hands, but a group of believers forms the church. And beside that this was a Greek Christian orthodox temple. This is going to have rather a political impact and will heat up again the relations between Muslims and Christians.
Surely this is an important matter that will probably have to do other events, which will happen in the future, but I personally think that it mustn't bother us too much, because here we are speaking just for a building. If this would effect the Christian faith then is different, but I said, think that this will have more of a political impact.
I think that was one of David Hathaways points, with all the EU stuff (politics). Have you watched 'The rape of Europe' on youtube?

Active
Many Christians tend to dismiss God's people Israel and write them off claiming a new dispensation. We tend to forget, it's us, the wild olives, who are grafted into the cultivated root and not the other way round. The prophesies heralding the end times, center around Israel and when Jesus returns, it will be Israel he returns too. I am spiritualy, a messianic Jew, a gentile grafted into the Jewish nation. When I pray for Israel, I'm praying for the earthly homeland of God's people, of whom I am one. I am sure there will be some who will take issue with this, but that is what makes talk Jesus fun.

Loyal
Sometimes Christians are hated because we do the things Jesus did - and they hated him too.

Sometimes we Christians are hated because the things we do are so horribly unlike the things Jesus did and taught.

Active
Sometimes Christians are hated because we do the things Jesus did - and they hated him too.

Sometimes we Christians are hated because the things we do are so horribly unlike the things Jesus did and taught.
Okay I get that. Thank you for making it clear to me. :)

Active
Yes sorry Trevor I
Yes sorry Trevor I forgot it was a temple not a Cathedral. I don't understand the 'living stones' from 'dead ones'? If you have time could explain this to me please. :)
Hi Josephine,
1 Peter 2:5 You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Matthew 18:20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them. So here we have two scriptures, one saying that we are living stones, being built into a spiritual house. And another saying, that when two or three of these stones come together in the name of Jesus he is there with them. The dead stones are the stones used by man to build the churches and cathedrals that Christendom call the church. I pray that makes sense to you.

Active
Satan hates God Josephine, and the Jews and the Christians are God's people, that's why they are persecuted. John 15:18 If the people of this world hate you, just remember that they hated me first. I have told you these things so that you will not fall away.

Active
Hi Josephine,
1 Peter 2:5 You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Matthew 18:20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them. So here we have two scriptures, one saying that we are living stones, being built into a spiritual house. And another saying, that when two or three of these stones come together in the name of Jesus he is there with them. The dead stones are the stones used by man to build the churches and cathedrals that Christendom call the church. I pray that makes sense to you.
Thank you Trevor, I understand that. :)

Active
Satan hates God Josephine, and the Jews and the Christians are God's people, that's why they are persecuted. John 15:18 If the people of this world hate you, just remember that they hated me first. I have told you these things so that you will not fall away.
Thank you again Trevor. That makes sense to me also. You're very good at this explaining stuff!:grinning: