• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Guitar for God

I lead P&W for our Teen group and sometimes in the main Church Service.
I use a Seagull S6 Spruce and an Ovation Celebrity.
Anyone else out there that play's guitar and leads Worship?
What do you play?
Where do you get your material?
How did you get started?

~~Hi.~~
I play the guitar for our band at out church. I get a lot of music online as well as the local christian book store. We recently made a band... At first I just played and we had some singers. Then we got a drummer a few weeks ago with made our leadsinger bring out his bass... Then last week we got a keyboardist (not sure on the actual name). So we are coming along! It is great!

If you are looking for any particular songs let me know and I will see if I have them or track them down for you if I can!

~Erinlynn

Sounds like you band is coming right along! God must be blessing it. I am still working on the band, I do have a drummer that plays with me sometimes. But he is also the guy that plays guitar and sings with me sometimes. We are working on a bass player.
There is a newer song I have been looking for called "The Way" by a group called Telecast. If you happen upon it...
Do you have any one site that is really a big help?

Mark,
Hey. Well, I don't know how good you are with putting words and chords together but here are the chords for the song, "The Way."

Band:Telecast
Song:The Way
Album:The Beauty of Simplicity
Tabbed By: FJR

There was no tabs for this song yet and its a
great song so here it is.

Intro and verse:
F Dm A A7

Pre Chorus:
Bb C2 A2

Chorus:
Bb F C -(3x)

Dm C ----This is where the song says,
"Jesus your love is a mystery"

Then you go back to the top and play it all again

Chords:
E A D G B e
A: x 0 2 2 2 0
A2: 5 5 7 7 6 5
A7: x 0 2 0 2 0
Bb: x 1 3 3 3 1
C : x 3 2 0 1 0
C2: x 3 5 5 5 3
Dm: x x 0 2 3 1
F : 1 3 3 2 1 1

I got it from http://www.christianguitar.org/newvisitor.php
I also use worshiparchive.com and pwarchive.com

Hope it helps
~Erinlynn

Thanks, I will look for the lyrics to the song, we have the CD. Some songs are easy to match up and some can be a real bear. I hate that so many sites have stopped putting the two together, I understand it has something to do with copyright or something. It has really put the hurt on hack players like me.
I mean we are just using the music in a Worship Service, not recording it for money, know what I mean.

God Bless

Yeah!
It is hard when you are trying to do something for God but people put hard barriers in the way.

I can't remember if we dicussed this but how long have you been playing?

~Erinlynn

Only about two years or so really. I learned a few chords about 20 years ago, but then just put the guitar up for all those years. I got it back out about two years ago, when we needed music in the Youth Group I was leading. Our piano player wasn't "into" much teen stuff, she was grandmother's hymns and little kids the B-I-B-L-E stuff. The teens where not responding at all. So when she took off to have her second child, the door was opened to try something new. It has worked great, they kids really like it, and it has opened up our Worship Service in a great way. There is just me on guitar, no band, we are working on that. Some songs come together very quick, so don't. I practice just about everyday and try to add a new song to our list every couple of weeks. I have written a couple of songs we use for P&W.
As of last month, we have changed our last Sunday evening Service each month to a song Service. I will be expected to have a new song for this Service every month, we have alot of guest that come to these Services, I am always on the lookout for new stuff that the Lord has really touched me with, and that I can make an effort to play. Thanks, for your help.

God Bless,