• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

guard against deception

John 10:14
“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, "
Here is a good lesson for our day and time. Jesus said that He is the Good shepherd, He takes the time to know His sheep. He Knows each one. He enters into a personal relationship with each one. To have a right relationship with another person they must participate also. Jesus said, " I know my own sheep, and they know me". So we must come to know Jesus, not just know about Him or about the things of Him but know the person of Christ.

With all the false religions and doctrines and deception in our present day, we must be careful to keep ourselves from following after deception. The answer is not studying the deception. Here's a practical example. The U.S. Treasury dept. in order to equip their agents to recognize counterfeit money, do not have them study the counterfeit , they study the REAL THING. So with that said, let our hearts cry be that of Paul's ( the apostle)" that we might Know Him! Jesus the Good Shepherd. Then when deception comes to entangle us we will hear the voice of the Good Shepard say," don't go that way, it leads to trouble, come, follow me."

Thats great Jiggy ! Unfortunatly that takes allot of time , and prayer in which I have found seems to be big problem for allot of Christians . Many say , I am too busy , or I was going to but something came up . Its like the song by D.C .Talk ! [ Thers no time to change you're mind , the Son has come and you been left behind ] Sad , but true ! God Bless you bro! Mike :sleep:

jiggyfly said:
John 10:14
“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, "
Here is a good lesson for our day and time. Jesus said that He is the Good shepherd, He takes the time to know His sheep. He Knows each one. He enters into a personal relationship with each one. To have a right relationship with another person they must participate also. Jesus said, " I know my own sheep, and they know me". So we must come to know Jesus, not just know about Him or about the things of Him but know the person of Christ.

With all the false religions and doctrines and deception in our present day, we must be careful to keep ourselves from following after deception. The answer is not studying the deception. Here's a practical example. The U.S. Treasury dept. in order to equip their agents to recognize counterfeit money, do not have them study the counterfeit , they study the REAL THING. So with that said, let our hearts cry be that of Paul's ( the apostle)" that we might Know Him! Jesus the Good Shepherd. Then when deception comes to entangle us we will hear the voice of the Good Shepard say," don't go that way, it leads to trouble, come, follow me."

Hi Jiggyfly

Thats what I tell people also. You learn what the real is like. The Bible says not to learn the ways of the heathen. The closer we get to Jesus the most we recognize His voice. The more we study His word we learn of His ways. The Spirit of God will never contradict what He says in His word. The Holy Spirit leads us into all truth. I m concerned about the children of God because of so many that are false in these last days. I pray about this I think more than most things- for the protection of all of us from lying deceiving spirits.

"So we must come to know Jesus, not just know about Him or about the things of Him but know the person of Christ"

AMEN! - And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart Jer 29:13

1Jo 2:4 The one claiming, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

But whoever is keeping His word, in this one the love of God has truly been perfected; by this we know that we are in Him.
The one claiming to be abiding in Him just as that [One] walked ought also in the same manner himself to be walking... Stop loving the world and the [things] in the world. If anyone is loving the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1Jo 2

Y'all keep talking like that and we'll have a Holy Ghost party up in here! LOL you know the more we talk about and respond to Jesus the Christ the more we will feel and sense the witness of the Holy Spirit and that's a good thing!

LOL Jiggy!

He is so Wonderful! Jesus, my LORD! :love:

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: Rom 8:16

If you`ve never heard Juanita Bynum - "Behind the Veil", get Brother Mike to
send it too you! I was so awesomely blessed by that song this morning!
In His presence there`s fullness of JOY! :love:

Hey Jiggy,

I agree with you 100% The best way to guard our hearts and minds against deception is to really know the authentic, only true God and His Word.

But I think Christians sometimes need to be reminded that deception is one of the devil's favorite tools so we always need to be wary and make sure that all our beliefs are based on the Bible and not just on what we hear or read from other sources, no matter how reliable we think they might be.

One of the signs of the end of the age will be the rise of many false prophets who will deceive many people even the "elect." (Matthew 24:5,11,24) These false prophets will seem harmless, and even appealing, to most people!

:love:
evangeline

evangeline said:
Hey Jiggy,

I agree with you 100% The best way to guard our hearts and minds against deception is to really know the authentic, only true God and His Word.

But I think Christians sometimes need to be reminded that deception is one of the devil's favorite tools so we always need to be wary and make sure that all our beliefs are based on the Bible and not just on what we hear or read from other sources, no matter how reliable we think they might be.

One of the signs of the end of the age will be the rise of many false prophets who will deceive many people even the "elect." (Matthew 24:5,11,24) These false prophets will seem harmless, and even appealing, to most people!

:love:
evangeline

Amen.

Acts 17:10-12
10*That very night the believers sent Paul and Silas to Berea. When they arrived there, they went to the synagogue. 11*And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to check up on Paul and Silas, to see if they were really teaching the truth. 12*As a result, many Jews believed, as did some of the prominent Greek women and many men.

2Co 11:3 But I am afraid, lest perhaps, as the serpent deceived Eve in his craftiness, so your* minds shall be corrupted from the sincerity [or, single-hearted devotion], the [one] in [or, to] Christ.
2Co 11:4 For if indeed the one coming [to you*] preaches another Jesus whom we did not preach, or you* receive a different Spirit which you* did not receive, or a different gospel which you did not accept, you* may well put up [with it]! 2Co 11:13 For such [ones are] false apostles, deceitful laborers, transforming themselves into [or, disguising themselves as] apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no wonder! For even Satan transforms himself into [or, disguises himself as] an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 Therefore, [it is] not a great thing if also his servants are transformed [or, disguised] as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
1Jo 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jo 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

It`s not possible to "try the spirits" if we are not filled with the spirit!
That meaning, we cannot see past the enemies disguise with human eyes or ears of understanding! And we will never recognize the counterfeit, if we do not know the one true Christ. Paul goes as far as saying, the counterfeit is so good, (even passes the light test!) if we are not entirely devoted to knowing Christ, we will accept it as the real thing.
We must be filled with the Word, we must know the Word, and we must trust nothing other than the Word, or we will be deceived!
Jesus Christ is the REAL THING!

Administrator
Staff Member
Good reply coconut. This is a perfect example of modern day false prophets and false doctrine. We see it all over television, radio, internet and in church [buidling] itself.

My obvious advice is to pray for discernment, Truth and wisdom in Jesus name. Stick with the KJV or anything as close to that as possible and fellowship with TRUE believers who are genuinely built on the true Word of GOD.

Some things to avoid as far as false doctrine goes:
Mormons
Jehovah's Witness
Christian Science
Catholics (clearly will be debated upon, I've gone to Catholic school for 13yrs, I clearly know the difference between catholic and the Word of GOD)
any other "religion" outside any Christian denomination

Anyone want to add on?

Matthew 28:16-18 (KJV)

Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

“But some doubted.” Consider the gravity of their blindness. They saw Him do so many miracles “that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written (John 21:25 KJV).” They had now just witnessed Jesus’ death, the earth’s trembling, and sun’s refusal to shine. Then Jesus arose from the dead. Yet “some doubted.”

Religious tradition can be very blinding. Everyone conceded that Jesus must be a rabbi because of His teachings. Many of His day, could even bring themselves to call Him a prophet. But to acknowledge Him as the Messiah? That would tear at the very fabric of their coveted beliefs.

The Jews believed in one God: Jehovah. They held sacred all of God’s law and upheld its righteousness (Matthew 19:16-20). But the Word as taught by Jesus and His disciples, was so contrary to their 'established doctrines' and 'understanding' of biblical prophecy, they would not accept the Truth.

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
2Co 4:3-5

I love this verse...

Solid food is for the mature who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. Hebrews 5:14

evangeline said:
I love this verse...

Solid food is for the mature who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. Hebrews 5:14

Great quote ! How true ! How true ! Thank God for his mercy . Mike :thumbs_up

Chad said:
Good reply coconut. This is a perfect example of modern day false prophets and false doctrine. We see it all over television, radio, internet and in church [buidling] itself.

My obvious advice is to pray for discernment, Truth and wisdom in Jesus name. Stick with the KJV or anything as close to that as possible and fellowship with TRUE believers who are genuinely built on the true Word of GOD.

Some things to avoid as far as false doctrine goes:
Mormons
Jehovah's Witness
Christian Science
Catholics (clearly will be debated upon, I've gone to Catholic school for 13yrs, I clearly know the difference between catholic and the Word of GOD)
any other "religion" outside any Christian denomination

Anyone want to add on?

Hey Chad
Another group to avoid is the Masons - Freemasons, which is a secret group for men in some denominational churches. ( the womens is Eastern Stars and the girls is Rainbow Girls);

They may say outwardly that anyone who believes in "God" can join but it is NOT a Christian Fellowship. They tell the members one thing but the high official really believe quite differently. Some top Grand Masters ( and I know 32nd degree Masons) have to turn the cross upsidedown and break it, and renounce the Lord Jesus Christ. Picture that in your mind what that looks like and avoid that symbol or any jewelry with it. They appear to be very freindly and help anyone in need any way possible, even financially, to win their trust so that eventually they will join. When they join they are sworn to secrecy and membership is for life - those who try to quit are threatened with death. The reason -- they dont want people to know the truth about the organization. Thats why it is so secret.

No one except members is to ever see their book. Once I found one in a library which is strictly forbidden!. It is very strange. If they find out who did it they are in big trouble. You can find lots of info on the internet with the search engines.

Amen, Gloria...many people don't know this...A great book on the subject can be found in Christian bookstores, written by John Ankerburg and Johnny Weldon(a former 32nd degree mason). I don't remember the name right now, but I have the book and will get back to this thread with the title shortly. The masons get credit for things that only GOD can do.

Soldier of God said:
The founder of the Jehovas witnesses is a 32nd degree freemason. His grave sight will tell all. Pyramid and symbolism of the freemasons. Many Presidents were masons as well as many others. Our dollar bill has the mark of the freemasons. Let me say in my research(which has ceased) of this cult, the leadership and founders are extremely evil one might say. Further you go down the line I would have to question if all are truly evil. It was said Billy Graham may have ties to the masons. I would say Billy Graham bears fruit. Let me be clear, The Jehovas Witnesses were founded for self gain, gain of satan, gain of trust. This cult will never bear fruit, if it is Gods will let the branch be cut. God bless all.
I have never hid the fact to anyone here that i was raised as a Jehovahs witness and now choose to walk a different path.I am a firm believer that this site stands for truth and need to address the above post.

To state that the founder of the witnessess was a mason is a complete non-argument.How many people who are now saved come from pasts they are now ashamed of?They do not in turn pass that sin on to people they bring to jesus they leave it behind.The witnesses actually take a stand against such secret societies.

To talk of "self gain"and"gain of satan" i find deeply offensive.My parents raised me with a love of God and the bible,to turn the other cheek and to do unto others as you would have done to yourself.Please tell me the "self gain" with that philosophy?During my ministry with them i was often both verbally and physically abused,witnesses suffered alongside the Jews in hitlers concentration camps,i know of many witnesses who have been literaly attacked by demons."Gain of satan"-i dont think so.I never recieved a penny for the ministry work i did,at the time i did it out of a love for my God and my fellow man.I despise "armchair"christians who talk and talk and never really do anything worthwhile,i take my hat off to any christian who gets off his backside and takes the word to man just as jesus did.

There is hundreds of christian denominations in the world today all who claim to know the truth and claim to be blessed by the holy spirit.The only thing that fails to unite us is a variety in beliefs and doctrines.I wish this wasnt so but it is.If you wish to win a man over you start on your common ground and go from there,showing contempt will lead you nowhere.Even if you do not hold with someone elses belief everyman deserves a measure of respect.

I have wrote this post not out of defence to the witnesses but rather out of respect for my mum and dad.They are two humble people who have done their best in raising me and my siblings in a manner befitting Gods word.I respect that they have their beleifs and they respect that i have mine.They hate the devil as much as you and i and to suggest they are in league with him is unthinkable.

soldier of God dont believe everything you read.

I choose to see good in all people whatever their beliefs.Of course there is only one way and that is through Jesus,in that you have my heartfelt compliance.As an ex-witness i just happen to have an insight you do not.I do not wish to argue on this futher.Peace

Administrator
Staff Member
No matter what anyone believes, Almighty GOD has already spoken Truth in His Word. The *only* way through the Father is through Jesus Christ. Anyone who takes away, adds or changes around the Word of GOD will face death (hell).

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Revelations 22:18-19
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Soldier of god i get the feeling you are trying to bait me.I will not be drawn into a debate on words and scriptures.I could send you a lengthy paper(sent to me by a faithful member)which calls into doubt the accuracy of nearly every modern translation of the bible.I do not feel inclined to because all it results in is loss of peace and unrest.I will defend no-ones beleifs except my own.It is very easy to type out pages of argument backed up by scripture when there is no-one here to answer it.The majority of people here have already made their minds up about Jehovahs witnesses so why not just leave the issue alone.Peace brother.

I agree with Strypes here ! Sparky , Soldier made no references about you or you're family . You talked about them , not Soldier ! Soldierforgod only followed the responses to unsound doctrines . That is all ! Why did you think he was talking about you're parents , when he never said anything about them in his post ? Then you challenge him and say he insulted you and should think more clearly before posting ! Soldier had no intention's of arguing . Then after accusing him , and standing up for jehovah witnesses , you tell Soldier you will only talk about you're walk with the Lord , and not defend other doctrines ? Soldier is not trying to bait you , rather I think Soldier has spoken , and you have made his response more than what he said ! Every time Soldier opens his mouth around here , he gets blasted by a select few ! Soldier is a gift of God sent here to stand firm for our family ! Receive him as such ! Mike