• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Government Laws

taken from Chads thread on file sharing .............

Obey government laws. All countries differ or may be similar in their laws about copyrighted material.

Romans 13:1-7
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.

Obey governmant laws.......now here is a topic we talked about in Sunday school 1 day.

If you break gov. laws is that a sin?????
Romans 13:1-7
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities.

from the way i see it...yes it would be a sin to break the laws of our land....so does this mean if i am running over the speed limit..........
wreck,and die...............
Then i just died with sin in my life...........
something to think about people

from the way i see it...yes it would be a sin to break the laws of our land....so does this mean if i am running over the speed limit..........

Would you say that you are following the Holy Spirit by doing so?
Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

this may be off topic a bit but... would not Grace come into play at some point with something like that? thanks ! (I am seriously asking)

imready4thelord said:
Obey governmant laws.......now here is a topic we talked about in Sunday school 1 day.

Looks like someone just swallowed a Camel . Peace and grace to all . MikeT4G

imready4thelord said:

There's a difference between sin and our sin nature. When we are saved, our sin nature is cast into "the depths of the sea." (Micah 7:19). We will still sin accidentally, perhaps. But, our propensity to sin (our sin nature) is taken away.

MikeT is saying that you are "majoring in minors". I agree with him. Don't let the enemy trick you into getting caught up in that stuff.

SLE

Administrator
Staff Member
imready4thelord said:

You should be thinking about that. Does GOD feel pleased about someone purposely speeding and kiling themselves (God's own creation)? I dont' think so. Think about that. God's Word is infallible and He is a respecter of no man.

Ok, here's a twist for you; what do you do when Gov. laws, attempt to trump God's laws. Now whom do you behave; I already know the answer for myself. Or to put it another way, what do you do when Gov. "ways'' attempt to trump God's "ways", who will you follow.

Times are coming when there may not be much time to choose.

Rick

aremessenger said:
Ok, here's a twist for you; what do you do when Gov. laws, attempt to trump God's laws. Now whom do you behave; I already know the answer for myself. Or to put it another way, what do you do when Gov. "ways'' attempt to trump God's "ways", who will you follow.
Times are coming when there may not be much time to choose.
Rick

Acts 4:16-22
16*“What should we do with these men?” they asked each other. “We can’t deny they have done a miraculous sign, and everybody in Jerusalem knows about it. 17 But perhaps we can stop them from spreading their propaganda. We’ll warn them not to speak to anyone in Jesus’ name again.” 18*So they called the apostles back in and told them never again to speak or teach about Jesus.
19*But Peter and John replied, “Do you think God wants us to obey you rather than him? 20 We cannot stop telling about the wonderful things we have seen and heard.”21*The council then threatened them further, but they finally let them go because they didn’t know how to punish them without starting a riot. For everyone was praising God 22*for this miraculous sign—the healing of a man who had been lame for more than forty years.

Acts 5:26-29
26*The captain went with his Temple guards and arrested them, but without violence, for they were afraid the people would kill them if they treated the apostles roughly. 27*Then they brought the apostles in before the council. 28*“Didn’t we tell you never again to teach in this man’s name?” the high priest demanded. “Instead, you have filled all Jerusalem with your teaching about Jesus, and you intend to blame us for his death!”
29*But Peter and the apostles replied, “We must obey God rather than human authority.

aremessenger said:
Excellent reply Jiggyfly, truth as it is found in God, always trumps mans truth, always.
Amen aremessenger,LOL, God's Truth is High trump.

Last edited: