• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Good morrow people

Staff Member
I used to have a faith but lost it. I have several questions I wish to ask those who are religious, and will do so in time.
Welcome aboard TNT :)

I hope that this Community of Believers here at Talk Jesus may help answering whatever questions you may have. Also, any that seem to have gone unanswered when you originally came to believe that may have paved the way to your losing of faith.

Before even knowing any of your questions, I will answer one that I feel needs to be clarified.

Religion is many times confused with and taken for signifying being Saved through Christ Jesus. Not so. Sadly, this has been so for many who have been disappointed in religion which has in turn moved them away from having faith and even have begun to question their original belief in Christ Jesus.

Once again be welcome to TJ @Tomorrowandtomorrow !
C4E
<><

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, (39) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Christianity is a religion no different to the others, in my opinion.

Anyway my first question is, if God exists why doesn't he make his presence clear to everyone on Earth instead of it being a matter of mere belief? If, as some Christians believe, unbelief will land you in hell, it seems very unfair that God doesn't reveal himself to all in an undisputable way.

Administrator
Staff Member
Welcome to the forums @Tomorrowandtomorrow

Anyway my first question is, if God exists why doesn't he make his presence clear to everyone on Earth instead of it being a matter of mere belief? If, as some Christians believe, unbelief will land you in hell, it seems very unfair that God doesn't reveal himself to all in an undisputable way.

He does make His presence clear to those who seek Him. I'm one of millions of modern day witnesses. The Holy Spirit stirs in your soul and makes GOD real and present in your life when you walk with Him and seek Him. If you're not seeking Him, why would anyone expect Him to be present? Who are we, the created mere beings to question GOD or try to figure Him out beyond the Word He gave us? If we can figure Him out, He would not be God after all.

God is all about a personal relationship with people. He loves us so much, He desires a personal relationship. Not religion, not tradition, not empty words or facade lifestyle like the Pharisees and every other religion on this planet. Christianity is not like any other "belief" on the planet. Only Christianity Has a living GOD, a Savior, one who desires a personal relationship, One who came down to us in grace and mercy instead of forcing us to work our way "up". One who's birth of His Son Jesus caused the entire Earth to start the official calendar based on His birth 2015 years ago. The most significant thing that ever happened.

Psalm 14:2
The Lord has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men To see if there are any who understand, Who seek after God.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

Staff Member
I used to have a faith but lost it. I have several questions I wish to ask those who are religious, and will do so in time.

Welcome to Talk Jesus @Tomorrowandtomorrow

Perhaps you could let us know about the faith you say you had and why you lost it?

The Lord loves you and His presence is very real...He is there for you and will never fail you

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Staff Member
Hello @Tomorrowandtomorrow

Not knowing much of your background or the foundation of the faith you professed to have had. I can only assume it was not in Christianity. If it were you would know the foundation is Jesus and historical evidence only confirms His existence. Also, though many throughout history may dispute the risen Christ. The argument against this also falls short when placed against evidential historical review.

One might disagree with it, but only the set mind after looking at the evidence would not acknowledge that Jesus Christ (1) Existed, (2) Is Risen as He said He would.

Now you might oppose what this evidence portends for each individual. That however is something else entirely and of cause, for man has always been a choice event when the hearing of the Gospel is made. That is to either accept or not to.

For many this is not something they desire to accept. For what is presented to them normally goes against their own notion of what comprises right and wrong.

If God is what you seek. Don't imagine god to meet your expectation because it will be as flawed as you are or any of us for that matter. Instead expect one that is so above your own understanding, that only if this God were to allow you a bridge to your perceptions, would you be even begin to know this God within the concept God allows you to comprehend. This then would be God and not the constructed god made by man to meet/justify their own existence.

Welcome to the Bridge that is called Jesus Christ!

Here's a couple of links that I hope will help.

Is there a God? - Does God Exist - Six Reasons to Believe that God is Really There - Is There a God

Why believe in Christianity? - Why believe in Christianity?

How is Hell a fair punishment for sin? - How is Hell a fair punishment for sin?

Rejecting God because of Hell is illogical. - Rejecting God Because of Hell Is Illogical

I truly hope that the above links help you out some. If you are truly seeking we are here for you. If not. Then I pray that when the day you are truly set to receive Jesus Christ, that you will know that you will always have a home away from home here at Talk Jesus.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.

C4E

<><

Welcome to the forums @Tomorrowandtomorrow

He does make His presence clear to those who seek Him. I'm one of millions of modern day witnesses. The Holy Spirit stirs in your soul and makes GOD real and present in your life when you walk with Him and seek Him. If you're not seeking Him, why would anyone expect Him to be present? Who are we, the created mere beings to question GOD or try to figure Him out beyond the Word He gave us? If we can figure Him out, He would not be God after all.

God is all about a personal relationship with people. He loves us so much, He desires a personal relationship. Not religion, not tradition, not empty words or facade lifestyle like the Pharisees and every other religion on this planet. Christianity is not like any other "belief" on the planet. Only Christianity Has a living GOD, a Savior, one who desires a personal relationship, One who came down to us in grace and mercy instead of forcing us to work our way "up". One who's birth of His Son Jesus caused the entire Earth to start the official calendar based on His birth 2015 years ago. The most significant thing that ever happened.

Psalm 14:2
The Lord has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men To see if there are any who understand, Who seek after God.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

When I was religious, I even did the 'saved' business, I was sincere in wanting God to come through for me, but he never did.

Loyal
What we want, what we need and what we get: Hmmm?

We want lots of things according to the ways of man (the ways of our flesh) and this includes dyed in the wool believers while the "old man" of us is still alive, and for whom is he completely dead?

What we need as God see need does not coincide with what we want... and this is even after serving God (or working to serve God) for a long period of time. As we grow toward God (and we must if we are really to have anything when our time is finished) more and more we should be becoming like Him (like His Son, Jesus, who walked our route to the end of his course). One thing that will never work is quitting. Should we quit because we see that the road ahead of us difficult? The Apostle Paul received more than one prophecy about the very rough road lying before him. He understood and believed what those prophets told him, but he went ahead anyway. As we begin to understand why he did then we begin to understand the answers to your questions in the OP.

So what do you get? You will not get all you as a man of flesh wants and neither will you get all that some believing Christian might tell you. You will get whatever you earn by your response to God's Word. You don't understand me? You must start at the right place or you never will understand me or the others here speaking truth or God Himself:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Rom 10:17

Active
Welcome to Christian Forum Site! So, do your questions revolve around the possibility of regaining your lost faith, or do you simply want to poke at the Christians? I pray that it is the former! :)

if God exists why doesn't he make his presence clear to everyone on Earth instead of it being a matter of mere belief?

I have to say that he has made His presence known to me - I have unmistakably felt it. But I know what you are getting at. Where would faith come in then?

Active
The Bible does exactly paint a very good picture of God if the deeds attributed to him are an indication of his character!
Thanks for asking.
That's a good question,I wrestled with all the questions you are experiencing and eventually found excellent but very unexpected answers.

John 10:8 All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.

This is a good place to start,if all who came before Jesus were thieves and robbers then is it possible that the old testament writers
blamed God for things he really didn't do?

Jesus said God is love.
1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
1 Corinthians 13:5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.
1 Corinthians 13:6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
1 Corinthians 13:7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Since love does not demand it's own way and endures all things maybe love just took the blame all along.
Anyway,I think it's worth considering.
Things are seldom what they seem when you look closely.

1 John 4:16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
1 John 4:8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

So the next question is does love exist ?

I am asking questions of Christians who appear to be the same ilk as my late parents, who believed in the mantra 'you must get 'saved' of go to hell'. I got 'saved' when I was 11 to spare myself that fate. I even tried to be devout for a time, but never had any feeling a god existed. When the doubts became too overwhelming I lost my faith and haven't missed it. However I do challenge the nastiness of the dogma which threatens people with hell when there is no verifiable evidence any god exists. The Bible is NOT verifiable evidence, in my opinion.

My husband is a convinced atheist having also been 'saved' in his youth. But even though we are unbelievers, we felt that our own children should decide for themselves about matters of faith, and not have our views on the matter forced on them, as our parents had done to us. Our three daughters are Christians, the eldest an Anglican Priest. Thank goodness they are not Biblical literalists, which would be hard to take. They respect their parents views on religion and are thoroughly good, decent people. The two daughters who have children are not forcing their faith on their kids either.

Staff Member
@Tomorrowandtomorrow

You blame your parents for the dogma that was forced upon you as a child.
My question is. Who do you blame for your children believing in a Risen Christ?

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
C4E
<><

I don't have a problem with people believing whatever they wish to believe as long as what they believe isn't used as a means of abuse. The nasty dogma, 'you must be 'saved' or else', is very abusive when aimed at children and the vulnerable. There is not the slightest bit of evidence to support it!

The idea that only the 'saved' go to heaven, whilst those who aren't go to hell, even if they are thoroughly decent people is crazy and then some! A very bad person could, in principle, make a deathbed conversion and go to heaven; if that was correct where is the fairness or justice in that?

Administrator
Staff Member
I don't have a problem with people believing whatever they wish to believe as long as what they believe isn't used as a means of abuse. The nasty dogma, 'you must be 'saved' or else', is very abusive when aimed at children and the vulnerable. There is not the slightest bit of evidence to support it!

The idea that only the 'saved' go to heaven, whilst those who aren't go to hell, even if they are thoroughly decent people is crazy and then some! A very bad person could, in principle, make a deathbed conversion and go to heaven; if that was correct where is the fairness or justice in that?

It's clear you don't understand GOD at all and His Word, His Holiness. It's clear also you're not willing to learn. But, that's your choice you make. There's a reason why Christians are passionate about GOD and His Son Jesus. If He wasn't awesome as HIs Word says, we wouldn't believe nor profess His goodness.

Staff Member
Greetings,

When I was religious, I even did the 'saved' business, I was sincere in wanting God to come through for me, but he never did.

Please forgive my ignorance but could you please help me to understand what you meant by "wanting God to come through for me, but he never did."?

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
Greetings again,

Thanks for your answer.

Bless you ....><>

P.S.
Is your username from Macbeth? Forgive me please if it's seems a stupid question. He had three tomorrow's though.
Edit : that's not at all well said!!
He actually didn't have any left after saying, "Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,"

See how easily we can say something that can then be easily misinterpreted and / or misunderstood.

Last edited:
Staff Member
Greetings again,

Have you ever wondered as you look at a sunset about the never ending day?
Another way of putting that is to say that the sun is always setting but that itself is not correct for it only appears to set and we, seeing it, believe it does. However, the sun remains steadfast in the heavens and it is we who move, being of the world which turns, leaving us with the impression that it is the sun which moves.

So, we think we have tomorrow and count days as mortal men.

Every moment has the fullness of life and like a seed from the pine, needs only the water, the air and the light to continue that which it has within which was before it was, which when it germinates must after find food, putting down roots and waiting for the day when it too can give back the life given, bearing fruit, grateful for having taken root.

So, will tomorrow be today and what of tomorrow and tomorrow?

Bless you ....><>

P.S.
I remember when I was young, my parents had a pine tree which, year after year, never seemed to grow. I left home and moved away and quite some years later, returning, discovered to my enjoyment that that stunted, stagnant sapling had become at last a magnificent tree!