• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Good for the Soul

Staff Member
How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. 13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. Psalm 19:12-13 NLT

Confession is typically something you save for moments when you've really messed up, because even though you know you're a sinner who needs a Savior, who wants to be reminded of his mistakes all the time?

But that's why the Gospel is such good news--God doesn't want to recall your sins any more than you do. Jesus told Peter, "Once you've had a bath, your body is clean; you only need to wash your feet as you go from place to place." That suggests that confession goes beyond the moment of salvation; it's part of your sanctification, a daily habit not so different from taking a shower each morning before you go to work.

Sometimes, of course, confession is much more difficult. But as hard as it is, it's the only way to bring healing to yourself and others. Trust that God has good things ahead, and when you keep a clean slate, you prepare your heart to receive and appreciate them.

Prayer: Lord, I echo David's prayer: show me the things I need to confess, especially the ones I'm not even conscious of. I want to start my day on solid ground with You.