• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Going from the Nursery to the Garden of Faith

Loyal
Do not believe anything that goes beyond what is written.

1Co 4:5 So do not make any hasty or premature judgments before the time when the Lord comes [again], for He will both bring to light the secret things that are [now hidden] in darkness and disclose and expose the [secret] aims (motives and purposes) of hearts. Then every man will receive his [due] commendation from God.
1Co 4:6 Now I have applied all this [about parties and factions] to myself and Apollos for your sakes, brethren, so that from what I have said of us [as illustrations], you may learn [to think of men in accordance with Scripture and] not to go beyond that which is written, that none of you may be puffed up and inflated with pride and boast in favor of one [minister and teacher] against another. (AMP)

Paul wrote about things that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist and misconstrue to their own utter destruction, just as [they distort and misinterpret] the rest of the Scriptures.

2Pe 3:14 So, beloved, since you are expecting these things, be eager to be found by Him [at His coming] without spot or blemish and at peace [in serene confidence, free from fears and agitating passions and moral conflicts].
2Pe 3:15 And consider that the long-suffering of our Lord [His slowness in avenging wrongs and judging the world] is salvation (N2that which is conducive to the soul's safety), even as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the spiritual insight given him,
2Pe 3:16 Speaking of this as he does in all of his letters. There are some things in those [epistles of Paul] that are difficult to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist and misconstrue to their own utter destruction, just as [they distort and misinterpret] the rest of the Scriptures.
2Pe 3:17 Let me warn you therefore, beloved, that knowing these things beforehand, you should be on your guard, lest you be carried away by the error of lawless and wicked [persons and] fall from your own [present] firm condition [your own steadfastness of mind]. (AMP)

Loyal
There's two sides to that coin. I think they call it the Reformation in this case.
How is it Reformation? I think of it more like Rebellion when everybody becomes anarchists and feels that they have the only way to God. It's one thing to speak out in a church it's another thing to feel like you have the only way and everybody else is wrong.

The vision that God showed me years ago was that from the oldest to the youngest of the churches and this was including the Jews. That there were many many people in all of those churches that love God and God loved all of them. You do know in heaven that there are no churches, because we are all one family. I never hear anyone say I'm a Baptist or I'm a Catholic or I'm this or that no one ever says that heaven.

Loyal
Do not believe anything that goes beyond what is written.

1Co 4:5 So do not make any hasty or premature judgments before the time when the Lord comes [again], for He will both bring to light the secret things that are [now hidden] in darkness and disclose and expose the [secret] aims (motives and purposes) of hearts. Then every man will receive his [due] commendation from God.
1Co 4:6 Now I have applied all this [about parties and factions] to myself and Apollos for your sakes, brethren, so that from what I have said of us [as illustrations], you may learn [to think of men in accordance with Scripture and] not to go beyond that which is written, that none of you may be puffed up and inflated with pride and boast in favor of one [minister and teacher] against another. (AMP)

Paul wrote about things that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist and misconstrue to their own utter destruction, just as [they distort and misinterpret] the rest of the Scriptures.

2Pe 3:14 So, beloved, since you are expecting these things, be eager to be found by Him [at His coming] without spot or blemish and at peace [in serene confidence, free from fears and agitating passions and moral conflicts].
2Pe 3:15 And consider that the long-suffering of our Lord [His slowness in avenging wrongs and judging the world] is salvation (N2that which is conducive to the soul's safety), even as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the spiritual insight given him,
2Pe 3:16 Speaking of this as he does in all of his letters. There are some things in those [epistles of Paul] that are difficult to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist and misconstrue to their own utter destruction, just as [they distort and misinterpret] the rest of the Scriptures.
2Pe 3:17 Let me warn you therefore, beloved, that knowing these things beforehand, you should be on your guard, lest you be carried away by the error of lawless and wicked [persons and] fall from your own [present] firm condition [your own steadfastness of mind]. (AMP)
So when I sit on the toilet is that going against the word of God? As it's not written in the word of God. And when I drive my pickup truck or ride my motorcycle is that going against the word of God as it's not written in the scripture. What about things like plastic if I work at a plastic plant or delivered plastic injection molds is that going against the word of God because it's not written in the scripture? Tell me I really want to know all these things are not written in the scripture yet we have them and everyday life is that going against the word of God?

And what about the things that Jesus said that he wanted to tell us, but we could not accept it at that time. What of those things that are not written in the scripture are those of the Lord? And what of the things that Jesus said that people would do that's even greater than he does? They have not happened yet according to Jesus at his time, are those rejected by you because they're not written in the scripture? Come on tell me tell me what you know because you don't know because you don't know all the things of God you don't know the greater things that people will do and you don't know what the seven Thunders said. Hypocrite

Loyal
As it's not written in the word of God. And when I drive my pickup truck or ride my motorcycle is that going against the word of God as it's not written in the scripture.
those are just plain silly and hopefully your not that lost. Let me give you a clear example that the Holy spirit convicted me of a while back when exposing the church I belonged to as a false church.

The priest would pray to Mary ask her for intersession , seems like a nice thing to do, but goes directly against the word of God. Many read this very thing in scripture and do not understand,for they listen to man and there own thoughts instead of being obedient to the word of God. Hope this helps and your can see the light

1 Timothy 2:5

For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Loyal
So when I sit on the toilet is that going against the word of God? As it's not written in the word of God. And when I drive my pickup truck or ride my motorcycle is that going against the word of God as it's not written in the scripture. What about things like plastic if I work at a plastic plant or delivered plastic injection molds is that going against the word of God because it's not written in the scripture? Tell me I really want to know all these things are not written in the scripture yet we have them and everyday life is that going against the word of God?

And what about the things that Jesus said that he wanted to tell us, but we could not accept it at that time. What of those things that are not written in the scripture are those of the Lord? And what of the things that Jesus said that people would do that's even greater than he does? They have not happened yet according to Jesus at his time, are those rejected by you because they're not written in the scripture? Come on tell me tell me what you know because you don't know because you don't know all the things of God you don't know the greater things that people will do and you don't know what the seven Thunders said. Hypocrite

2Ti3:16 ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2Pe1:3
According as his divine power HATH GIVEN UNTO US ALL THINGS THATPERTAINUNTO LIFE AND GODLINESS, THROUGH THE KNOWLEDGE of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Act17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
Act17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they RECEIVED THE WORD WITH ALL READINESS OF MIND, AND SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY, WHETHER THOSE THINGS WERE SO.

Col2:8 See to it that no one carries you off as spoil or makes you yourselves captive by his so-called philosophy and intellectualism and vain deceit (idle fancies and plain nonsense), following human tradition (men's ideas of the material rather thanthe spiritual world), just crude notions following the rudimentary and elemental teachings of the universe and disregarding [theteachings of]Christ (the Messiah).

Gal1:8 But even IF WE OR AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN SHOULD PREACH TO YOU A GOSPEL CONTRARY TO AND DIFFERENT FROM THAT WHICH WE PREACHED TO YOU, LET HIM BE ACCURSED (ANATHEMA, DEVOTED TO DESTRUCTION, DOOMED TO ETERNAL PUNISHMENT)!
Gal1:9 As we said before, so I now say again: IF ANYONE ISPREACHING TO YOU A GOSPEL DIFFERENT FROM OR CONTRARY TO THAT WHICH YOU RECEIVED [FROMUS], let him be accursed (anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment)!

Psa19:7 THE LAW OF THE LORD IS PERFECT, restoring the [whole]person; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
Psa19:8 THE PRECEPTS OF THE LORD ARE RIGHT, rejoicing the heart;the commandment of the Lord is pure and bright, enlightening the eyes.
Psa19:9 The [reverent]fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the ordinances of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

Joh5:39 YOU SEARCH AND INVESTIGATE AND PORE OVER THE SCRIPTURES DILIGENTLY, BECAUSE YOU SUPPOSE AND TRUST THAT YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH THEM. AND THESE [VERY SCRIPTURES] TESTIFY ABOUT ME!

Loyal
2Ti3:16 ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2Pe1:3
According as his divine power HATH GIVEN UNTO US ALL THINGS THATPERTAINUNTO LIFE AND GODLINESS, THROUGH THE KNOWLEDGE of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Act17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
Act17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they RECEIVED THE WORD WITH ALL READINESS OF MIND, AND SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY, WHETHER THOSE THINGS WERE SO.

Col2:8 See to it that no one carries you off as spoil or makes you yourselves captive by his so-called philosophy and intellectualism and vain deceit (idle fancies and plain nonsense), following human tradition (men's ideas of the material rather thanthe spiritual world), just crude notions following the rudimentary and elemental teachings of the universe and disregarding [theteachings of]Christ (the Messiah).

Gal1:8 But even IF WE OR AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN SHOULD PREACH TO YOU A GOSPEL CONTRARY TO AND DIFFERENT FROM THAT WHICH WE PREACHED TO YOU, LET HIM BE ACCURSED (ANATHEMA, DEVOTED TO DESTRUCTION, DOOMED TO ETERNAL PUNISHMENT)!
Gal1:9 As we said before, so I now say again: IF ANYONE ISPREACHING TO YOU A GOSPEL DIFFERENT FROM OR CONTRARY TO THAT WHICH YOU RECEIVED [FROMUS], let him be accursed (anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment)!

Psa19:7 THE LAW OF THE LORD IS PERFECT, restoring the [whole]person; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
Psa19:8 THE PRECEPTS OF THE LORD ARE RIGHT, rejoicing the heart;the commandment of the Lord is pure and bright, enlightening the eyes.
Psa19:9 The [reverent]fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the ordinances of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

Joh5:39 YOU SEARCH AND INVESTIGATE AND PORE OVER THE SCRIPTURES DILIGENTLY, BECAUSE YOU SUPPOSE AND TRUST THAT YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH THEM. AND THESE [VERY SCRIPTURES] TESTIFY ABOUT ME!
All the scripture is fine and dandy as is talking about Jesus and being saved through Jesus. My comments had to do with your unscriptural comments " do not believe anything that goes beyond what is written". This statement is unscriptural, because the apostles did not believe that either nor did Jesus for that matter.

The apostles themselves even stated in the scripture that they only wrote down what was necessary for us to get going in our faith. And Jesus also stated that he wanted to say more but he couldn't because we were not ready for it, but he did say that he is sending the spirit who's going to open our minds to the rest of it.

How much more truth do you really need to understand that the scripture is just the beginning, the scripture is what gets you going it's the fertilizer that helps you grow in your faith. But it is the Holy Spirit that helps us to grow further in our faith into the understanding of what Jesus was talking about which he couldn't explain at that time because we couldn't understand it.

Loyal
All the scripture is fine and dandy as is talking about Jesus and being saved through Jesus. My comments had to do with your unscriptural comments " do not believe anything that goes beyond what is written". This statement is unscriptural, because the apostles did not believe that either nor did Jesus for that matter.

The apostles themselves even stated in the scripture that they only wrote down what was necessary for us to get going in our faith. And Jesus also stated that he wanted to say more but he couldn't because we were not ready for it, but he did say that he is sending the spirit who's going to open our minds to the rest of it.

How much more truth do you really need to understand that the scripture is just the beginning, the scripture is what gets you going it's the fertilizer that helps you grow in your faith. But it is the Holy Spirit that helps us to grow further in our faith into the understanding of what Jesus was talking about which he couldn't explain at that time because we couldn't understand it.
When Jesus said....

John 16:12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

The Apostles were all Jewish, they had no idea, and could not understand how the Gentiles would be included with Isreail along with the promises given them. They had no idea Jesus was going to be crucified. They had no idea that all of their customs under the Old Testament would be done away. They could not understand how and why Jesus was going away and then come back. There were many things the Apostles would not understand until the Holy Spirit would be poured out and that the Holy Spirit would remind them of what Jesus had said to them. Not until through the Apostle Paul, who came on the scene later would all these things be understood as he wrote in all of his epistles.

Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Loyal
“Beloved do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.”

Loyal
“Beloved do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.”
Exactly, Test the spirits.

It does not say, "if it isn't found in the scripture, it is not of the Lord"

In the scripture, show me where that phrase is posted.

Active
How is it Reformation? I think of it more like Rebellion when everybody becomes anarchists and feels that they have the only way to God. It's one thing to speak out in a church it's another thing to feel like you have the only way and everybody else is wrong.

The vision that God showed me years ago was that from the oldest to the youngest of the churches and this was including the Jews. That there were many many people in all of those churches that love God and God loved all of them. You do know in heaven that there are no churches, because we are all one family. I never hear anyone say I'm a Baptist or I'm a Catholic or I'm this or that no one ever says that heaven.

When someone goes beyond what's written in Scripture with their doctrines of men, such as Catholicism, it's in one ear and out the other for me.

I don't know anyone having visions either, but if you are it's fine with me.

Sorry we can't get along, Bill, but I draw the line when it goes beyond Scripture.

Loyal
When someone goes beyond what's written in Scripture with their doctrines of men, such as Catholicism, it's in one ear and out the other for me.

I don't know anyone having visions either, but if you are it's fine with me.

Sorry we can't get along, Bill, but I draw the line when it goes beyond Scripture.
Okay so share with me one Doctrine in the Catholic church that is not in Scripture

Loyal
When Jesus said....

John 16:12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

The Apostles were all Jewish, they had no idea, and could not understand how the Gentiles would be included with Isreail along with the promises given them. They had no idea Jesus was going to be crucified. They had no idea that all of their customs under the Old Testament would be done away. They could not understand how and why Jesus was going away and then come back. There were many things the Apostles would not understand until the Holy Spirit would be poured out and that the Holy Spirit would remind them of what Jesus had said to them. Not until through the Apostle Paul, who came on the scene later would all these things be understood as he wrote in all of his epistles.

Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
"The Apostles were all Jewish, they had no idea, and could not understand how the Gentiles would be included with Isreail along with the promises given them. They had no idea Jesus was going to be crucified. They had no idea that all of their customs under the Old Testament would be done away. They could not understand how and why Jesus was going away and then come back. There were many things the Apostles would not understand until the Holy Spirit would be poured out and that the Holy Spirit would remind them of what Jesus had said to them. Not until through the Apostle Paul, who came on the scene later would all these things be understood as he wrote in all of his epistles."

This is all an assumption, you don't really know what it was that Jesus was referring to. And you can't jump to the conclusion that this is it that would be saying that you are God and that you know all the answers that would be wrong.

Loyal
That's a joke, right?
No it's not a joke go for it please. Tell me one thing that's Doctrine that isn't in the scripture

I don't judge you for the way that you believe, but I could punch holes into your belief and you wouldn't be able to answer any of them

Active
No it's not a joke go for it please. Tell me one thing that's Doctrine that isn't in the scripture

I don't judge you for the way that you believe, but I could punch holes into your belief and you wouldn't be able to answer any of them

Let's start with the top 10.

1) The RCC is the one true Church.
2) Infallibility of the RCC.
3) Only the RCC has the authority to interpret the Scripture.
4) The Pope is the head of the Church and has the authority of Christ.
5) RCC tradition equal to Scripture.
6) Forgiveness of sins and salvation is by faith + works.
7) Penance is necessary for salvation.
8) The merit of Mary and the saints can be applied to the Catholics.
9) Mary remained a virgin after conceiving Christ.
10 Purgatory.

These are doctrine of men practiced by Catholicism.

Loyal
Exactly, Test the spirits.

It does not say, "if it isn't found in the scripture, it is not of the Lord"

In the scripture, show me where that phrase is posted.

The word of God is our Body armor, it is our shield of protection from false prophets, unclean spirits, without the word of God you will fall prey to them, and believe in lying prophets and be haunted by unclean spirits. The word of God tells us all we need to fight in the spiritual realm.

Ephesians 6:10-18

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,​

The word of God is not only for our growth, it is for our protection against the schemes of the devil, and temptations of this world, and our very own flesh. Without the word of God you will not be able to discern. The word of God is your life line, your superpower, your spiritual strength.
You are dead without the word of God. Remember the word was God so it is God speaking to us.See we are dead if we do not know God's word

We are only born again through the living word of God, we are only changed receiving a new heart and spirit by the living word of God

You see the word of God is not simply words in a book there is nothing else like it, these words come alive for people who believe and put their faith in the living word of God, so the question is do you see these words alive, do they run through your veins?

Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Loyal
Let's start with the top 10.

1) The RCC is the one true Church.
2) Infallibility of the RCC.
3) Only the RCC has the authority to interpret the Scripture.
4) The Pope is the head of the Church and has the authority of Christ.
5) RCC tradition equal to Scripture.
6) Forgiveness of sins and salvation is by faith + works.
7) Penance is necessary for salvation.
8) The merit of Mary and the saints can be applied to the Catholics.
9) Mary remained a virgin after conceiving Christ.
10 Purgatory.

These are doctrine of men practiced by Catholicism.
May the Lord bless us with his wisdom and love,

The first thing that I noticed on this list that you have, is the confusion between what is dogma and what is tradition.

So let me list you off the dogma of the church, these are the things that are most important for every Catholic and to be Catholic is to believe in this.

Belief in the Holy Trinity, belief in the Incarnation- the Virgin birth of Jesus, the belief in the passion and death of Jesus, the belief in the resurrection of Jesus, the belief in the second coming of Jesus, the last judgment, the belief that the church has been given the keys beginning with Peter, and the belief in eternal life.

Loyal
I have a longer explanation but my time ran out on the edit so I'm going to rewrite it