• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

God's Peace - Day1

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.' Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you." – Psalm 91:1-7

Meditate
  1. This psalm mentions many disquieting things that the psalmist had to worry about...terror, arrows, pestilence, and plague. Do your worries seem insignificant compared to these?
  2. Can you think of a specific time where God's faithfulness protected and covered you? If so, do you feel like you still rely fully on His faithfulness and protection? If not, how do you think you can begin to rely on God's faithfulness?
  3. What are you most afraid of? How can God deliver you from that specific fear?
Pray

"God, I want the kind of faith that is steadfastly reliant upon your character for safety, protection, and confidence. Deliver me from my fears, Lord, and teach me to live a life that fearlessly proclaims your faithfulness and grace. Today, Jesus, give me peace."

Go Deeper

Read the rest of Psalm 91, focusing on the very end. What is the basis of God's protection? Does He protect just anybody?
On a scale of 1 to 10, how fearful are you? Based on this psalm, how fearful should you be?