• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Gods friend

Loyal
New here, just saying "hi" from Port Huron, Mi. Im looking forward to some good discussion, and a little debate. And always in Christ.

Staff Member
@Bill
Always a joy to welcome another in Christ Jesus!

Oh, I don't know if you'll meet with debate here ;)

Once again be welcome Bill!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><

Loyal
Greetings @Bill

Welcome to Talk Jesus

Enjoy the forum and online Christian fellowship
Thank you. It is good to share. Tell me, those who walk in the Spirit, do you find it is difficult to share the depth of God. In my own life, my Spiritual walk with God is deep.

Loyal
Hello Bill. I too as well dont always share everthing the Lord tells me. Sometimes I do share things that are hard to believe and in over 20 years of doing so, only once have I got so adverse a reaction (he thought I was lying and said so). Is anything to hard for the Lord to do?

Loyal
@Bill
Always a joy to welcome another in Christ Jesus!

Oh, I don't know if you'll meet with debate here ;)

Once again be welcome Bill!

Nick
<><
There should always be healthy debate. God created us with a br
Hello Bill. I too as well dont always share everthing the Lord tells me. Sometimes I do share things that are hard to believe and in over 20 years of doing so, only once have I got so adverse a reaction (he thought I was lying and said so). Is anything to hard for the Lord to do?
It is never to hard for the Lord, certainly. But i feel that i have a responsibility. There is a certain depth of understanding that can become too much for Christians who are young in the faith.

Even if you have been a Christian for many years, some things are still new and frankly almost unbelievable.

Look at the story of Jonah. There are things overlooked right in the beginning. The Lord says to Jonah, "up, go to Nineveh". We forget the fact that Jonah not only recognized God speaking to him, but he didnt need a confirmation in hearing Gods voice. So to is the relationship i have with God.

Staff Member
There should always be healthy debate. God created us with a br

Agreed! You used the appropriate word when discussing the form in which we should choose to debate. However, when unable to convince the other of our position they hold to and that is being discussed. It sadly, can turn very ugly and unbecoming of us as Christians. This shouldn't be the case for us, and you will find here at TJ this isn't always the way it happens. There are some Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus here who go about ending a "debate" rightly. They agree to disagree and part in peace and love! It is during these times, irrespective of the subject, that I feel an outpouring of Love for these members and Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus. Awesome!!!

Yet, not all do, and then when they themselves fail to realize the impasse they find themselves in, it becomes the job of the Administrator or Moderators to conclude the debate for them. :( Job security I guess, ;) but I'm sure each of us Moderators would rather they come to a peaceful conclusion without us having to intervene!

Once again be welcome Bill and "Healthy" debates! :)

Nick
<><

Loyal
Agreed! You used the appropriate word when discussing the form in which we should choose to debate. However, when unable to convince the other of our position they hold to and that is being discussed. It sadly, can turn very ugly and unbecoming of us as Christians. This shouldn't be the case for us, and you will find here at TJ this isn't always the way it happens. There are some Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus here who go about ending a "debate" rightly. They agree to disagree and part in peace and love! It is during these times, irrespective of the subject, that I feel an outpouring of Love for these members and Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus. Awesome!!!

Yet, not all do, and then when they themselves fail to realize the impasse they find themselves in, it becomes the job of the Administrator or Moderators to conclude the debate for them. :( Job security I guess, ;) but I'm sure each of us Moderators would rather they come to a peaceful conclusion without us having to intervene!

Nick
<><
Well i guess we are about to experience such an event. A thread i posted in has become hot, based on the responces. Peace, friend.

Loyal

Nick
<><
Well i hope i didnt cause too much of a stir.

It is important that Christians do get challenged from time to time. It helps us to grow in our faith. Otherwise we become like yesmen. Where now are those who would stand before God as Abraham, and challenge Him before He makes a judgement.

Where now are those who would say, Father, let me take on this other mans sin. Father, let me be scourged for another. Father let me die for another.

Did not Jesus ask us to follow Him.
Does not Jesus ask us to walk in His steps.

So what are todays Christians taught, here in America. The rapture? To think of ourselves? Our own salvation?

Staff Member
Greetings,

So what are todays Christians taught, here in America.

and then there are the hundreds of millions of other professing Christians who are not in America!

One good thing about TalkJesus that I have seen over the years is that it is and always has been a place online for Christians from all over the world.
When we get our heads out of thinking USA or America we can join in better with others and see a bit more clearly how the Lord blesses men of all nations... Gentiles.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Greetings,

and then there are the hundreds of millions of other professing Christians who are not in America!

One good thing about TalkJesus tha tI have seen over the years is that it is and always has been a place online for Christians from all over the world.
When we get our heads out of thinking USA or America we can join in better with others and see a bit more clearly how the Lord blesses men of all nations... Gentiles.

Bless you ....><>
Certainly.
So lets look at where the church is today. The level of faith.

We are beset by the enemy in many forms, no doubt about it. And in those countries where pursicution is the worst, you will find thier faith is strongest. Martyrdom, in those countries is the greatest gift from one to another.

I have seen movements in Europe, a weakening of the faith. To undermind the foundation that is Jesus. And here in America, some of those same tones are coming forward.

Secularism among the top. But there are other forms of thinking that affect even the strongest Christians.

It is Jesus, the Grace and Love of the Father, that will save us. The message i preach is just that.

Administrator
Staff Member
Hello @Bill welcome to our community! Hope you find it to be a blessing to you. Please share with other people.