• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

God speaks to us, and through us.

Loyal
God speaks to us, and through us.

Every one wants to know, “how do I know when God is talking to me?” The classic come back to this question would be, “When you read the Bible, that is God speaking to you” Certainly, God can, and does speak to us through the holy scriptures, but if you ask the Lord to tell you what he wants you to do today, you might find your self in deep trouble seeking that answer in the Bible. How do I know this? Because I have tried this many times in the past!!! Someone told me (another Christian) that God speaks to us in the Bible so I tried to test this out for myself. I asked the Lord something, and with my Bible closed, and my eyes closed I opened up the scriptures randomly, and what I read was nothing like what I asked the Lord.

Don't ever do this. It is really dumb!! In the Old Testament God spoke to his people through Prophets, but in these days in which we are now living, God speaks to us through his Son Jesus Christ.

Heb 1:1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 but IN THESE LAST DAYS HE HAS SPOKEN TO US BY HIS SON, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

The voice of Jesus Christ is unique, and it is like no other you will ever hear. Jesus said, “my sheep hear my voice, and they follow me. The voice of a stranger they will not follow”

John 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and THE SHEEP FOLLOW HIM: FOR THEY KNOW HIS VOICE.
John 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for THEY KNOW NOT THE VOICE OF STRANGERS.

Discerning the voice of Jesus takes practice only by exercising our spiritual senses that are apart of the rebirthed spirit of man. We will get it wrong many times, and we will find out the hard way that it was just our own mind telling us things the Lord never said. It is called spiritual growth, and it does come with growing pains that are not fun to experience. The fastest way to learn this voice is through prayer. Prayer is not just you asking God things, it is also listening to what he says back to you.

The Holy scriptures (the Bible) was given to the Church for DOCTRINE, REPROOF, CORRECTION, CHASTISEMENT, and for INSTRUCTION in righteousness. (2 Tim 3:16) The Bible describes, and INSTRUCTS the members of the body of Christ how God speaks to us, and through us, so we don't get it wrong.

Not only does God speak directly to us through the voice of Jesus Christ, in connection with the Holy Spirit but he also speaks through us using our own voice.

Pro 16:1 the plans of the mind and orderly thinking belong to man, but FROM THE LORD COMES THE [WISE] ANSWER OF THE TONGUE. (AMP)

There have been many many times in which someone had asked me to teach a class in a Church setting, and I planned what I was going to say, even writing it all down, but when it came to teaching
what I had planned, it did not come out no where near how I wanted it to. Man can plan his way all he wants, but when it is time for the Lord to use you it will many times not come out how you planned.
This can be quite annoying if we are not trusting in the Lord to speak through us. The Lord uses what is written in our hearts, much more that what we write down on a piece of paper, for it is out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Pro 16:23 The HEART OF THE WISE TEACHETH HIS MOUTH, AND ADDETH LEARNING TO HIS LIPS. (KJV)

This scripture is very very powerful if we understand, and believe that Jesus Christ himself lives, and dwells within us. His strong desire is to use our voice to speak not only to other people, but even to our self's!! The HEART of the “WISE” “TEACHES HIS MOUTH”..... Jesus dwells within our hearts, and he is the one teaching our mouths!!!! Not only is Jesus teaching our mouths, he is also ADDING LEARNING TO OUR LIPS!!!! In other words we can teach, and learn from our own mouth, and lips while being moved by the Holy Spirit.

I tell every one who will listen to pay close attention to what God speaks to you through of your own mouth, and voice!!! This was how prophecy, and scripture came out to be written down as the word of God, by “Holy men of God who SPOKE as they were being moved by the Holy Spirit” (2 Peter 1:21)