• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

God Knows Me

Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Before you were born I set you apart!”

Each one of us has a life plan. Yes, I know that plans are rampant in my life. God loves me and everyone else has a plan for their life. But the only plan that matters is the plan made for me by the One who formed me - the One who loves me, knows me and has set me apart to be His own. And it is a great plan!

Psalm 139: 16 You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!

I was born in response to the determined plan of God, not as an afterthought. Before I took even one breath, every day, every step and every circumstance in my plan was recorded. God’s plan uses my strengths as well as my weaknesses. We all have strengths – they are part of the plan. We all have limitations – they too are part of the plan. We all have seasons of life that are essential to the plan as well.

True success comes when, instead of constantly fighting against or trying to change the plan, we learn to identify and build on our strengths, accept the limitations as hedges of protection from God and yield to the seasons in life as God’s avenue of perfect timing. God’s plan for us is not a “one-size-fits-all.” No, it is customized and just my size.

Active
It is very possible to not be in God's plan. To think we are. To be in a realm where we are merely victims of random / good and bad events from the existence of true free will.

It is humanity 101 to think if things are going well, that then we are in God's plan. If things are going bad, we are not.

Or it is humility 101 to think if we are good and things are going bad, that God is testing us.

Both could be false or both could be true. The only way to know is for us to harshly judge ourselves and be certain that we are in fact in Christ 2 Cor 13:5.

If we are and pass the test as Paul says, we can agree with Paul here in Phil 4:11-13 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.