• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

God, Jesus. I am scared...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:14)

With this virus going around I worry so much for my family.... I'm terrified... I can't sleep.. I'm crying worrying about myself and my family... It hurts so much I can't... I'm at the breaking point I'm scared Lord .. I'm scared ..

Active
Dear Lord God, I worry about this virus to, it's huge, it's in virtually every country in the world, and yes Lord I worry about the effect on all those people I love so dearly and of course my business, livelihood and that of others.

Thank you Lord for the gift of worry. If we didn't worry, we wouldn't bring these things to you as our protector. Because you have given us foresight we can see these problems coming towards us and so we worry and bring them to you which is a fantastic amazing resource for which we love you.

But all that takes faith to leave it with you in the sure knowledge that you have the love, incentive and power to sort it. You'll get us through, we depend upon you. Imagine if we didn't have you God? Then we really would panic! Please Lord, give us that faith in you through the Holy Spirit working in us to overcome fear and worry and leave that with you.

So yes Lord, this virus is huge but you are so much bigger, infinitely bigger.

Amen.

Active
Andy's got it right.

Fear in the right proportion is a good thing. It's an emotional response that keeps us from danger. But we don't have to be dominated by fear or let it rule over us. I love the way Peter addresses the issue of suffering to churches who were experiencing hardship. He doesn't deny the trouble, but instead gives his people good reason to keep steady in their faith in God.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

With this virus going around I worry so much for my family.... I'm terrified... I can't sleep.. I'm crying worrying about myself and my family... It hurts so much I can't... I'm at the breaking point I'm scared Lord .. I'm scared ..

This is why we are commanded in scripture to be anxious for nothing, but to cast our anxieties upon the Lord. After asking Him (each time it comes to mind) to watch over you and your loved ones, spend the rest of your time focusing on Him and His provision. I can honestly tell you I don't worry in the least about this whole business, financially or health-wise. My wife gets mad at me about it, LoL, but my eyes are focused squarely upon the Lord and continuing to serve Him, and there is no room for anxiety in my life anymore. This became true about 7-8 years ago, and it is now a permanent part of my life.

Granted, it took me until I was 50 years old, but what I'm saying is, trust your God. He is your life, and He will always provide if you trust Him. So long as you are living your life to serve Him, even going on to the next life is not such a bad thing. You are simply going on to serve Him in a better place. And as for your family, pray for them as well - for their health and protection certainly - but more importantly pray that they too are ready to meet the Lord should anything happen to them. That is and should always be what we focus on most.

God bless, and I will try to pray for you and your family as well.
Hidden

Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Member
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed upon Thee because He trusteth in Thee
Isaiah 26:3

Greetings @kanna

It is hard to comprehend what is going on in the world at the moment.
It is scary to think about covid-19

But as believers we can look to Jesus, focus on Him and claim His perfect peace.

Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
Luke 12:6-7

Active
Top Poster Of Month
I been thinking, Covid-19 might not hit Australia that hard, because of the earlier fires. It might have contain a lot of the active virus’s activity. That would at least lift some of the added burden.