• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

God is Your Refuge

Staff Member
These were the cities appointed for all the children of Israel and for the stranger who dwelt among them, that whoever killed a person accidentally might flee there, and not die by the hand of the avenger of blood until he stood before the congregation. Joshua 20:9

Before the Law of Moses, the Hebrews lived in clans ruled by ancient tribal laws. One such law said that if a person murdered someone, his relatives had the duty of killing the murderer. When God gave Moses His law, He provided a way for unintentional murderers to be safe. Each region of Israel was to have a City of Refuge to which the accused could flee.

As long as he was inside the city, the avenger of blood couldn't touch him. The avenger would sometimes lurk outside the city, waiting for him to step out, but didn't try to slip inside to kill him. The accused was safe because people had respect for the law of refuge.

Jesus is your refuge, your safe place, to which you can flee and be safe. "Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us" (Hebrews 6:18), And David said, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble" (Psalm 46:1).

Prayer: Jesus, thank You that You are my City of Refuge, my safe place, I hide myself in You. Thank You that the enemy of my soul can't touch me.

In God [is] my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, [and] my refuge, [is] in God. Psalm 62:7