• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

God is Not in Control

Staff Member
Call it what you will.
I can't say what exactly He does or doesn't do, I don't know as He does me, atleast not until I see Him face to face and He Glorifies me!

I must rely on what He has shown me thus far and, if you will, spiritual logic.
Logic tells me He is mightier than we know and, when He says He did and knew everything before the foundation, I take Him literally.

As far a Stalin and all the horrible things that have and are happening now, logically I would say He has left us to our on will but, I don't know Him well and I am not sure!

But all I can offer is this, Jesus changed everything and He one of the things He said, was this (paraphrasing): Everything is permissible but everything is not profitable. What does that mean, I don't know for sure but I would venture to say , from what I see..Stalin didn't end up in the same place we are going!

But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.
Job 2:10

Forming light, and creating darkness, Making peace, and creating calamity, I [am] YHVH, doing all these things.
Isaiah 45:7

Does a bird land in a snare where no bait has been set? Does a trap spring from the ground when it has nothing to catch?
Amos 3:5

Bless you ....><>

Active
A wise man always seeks after God first. A wise man always asks God for the best way to handle any situation....A wise man spends a lot of time in the Word. A wise man is very careful of the words he speaks, speaking love and life instead of sickness and death... What thinkest thou, Reba?
Not an answer to the question .

Active
Again....
If God was in control, all the gifts of the Spirit would be in operation, and people would be able to walk up the stairs to their airplane without falling…three times. The steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord.

If god was in control…YOU would experience peace…All of the time, because you’d be living with Him, in Him, because you would be living synchronous with Him all the time.

If God was in control we wouldn’t have to pray, we wouldn’t have to give, we wouldn’t have to say ‘No’. to ungodliness and worldly passions.

If God was in control, nobody would die drooling and messing themselves, because Jesus already took the stripes to pay for everybody’s healing.

If God is in control....He's doing a really lousy job of it....Pandemics, human trafficing and on and on and on.....Does God hate mankind? Who is really in control? What does the Word say? Look at all of it, not just the parts that back up your opinion...
Again not a answer to the question.

Active
Ok I think you asked what results I got from self managment? (If I understand correctly) Self managment led me to come to God and go to my knees to beg Him for the salvation that my Jesus paid for. For me...
When we believe we are the main point of your salvation then we believe He is not.

I will say it was not your self management that led you to the Cross but it was His calling.

We were dead in sin as dead as Martha's brother Lazarus . He called Lazarus to life . He calls us to life.

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Rom 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Rom 3:14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Rom 3:15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Rom 3:16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
Rom 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:
Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Rev_17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Active
Ok I think you asked what results I got from self managment? (If I understand correctly) Self managment led me to come to God and go to my knees to beg Him for the salvation that my Jesus paid for. For me...
This one you understand the question ... although i disagree with your reply :)

Different topic i asked in PM of your wife's name I prefer to pray for folks by name not "You know God, Admon's wife" :)

Rad

Having campaigned on numerous issues over the last 35 years or so, i've come face to face with the many Horrors of this World and the seemingly limitless capacity of Humanity to perpetrate Evil. As such i find the proposition that God is in control of this World hard to accept. But i also see Christ telling of the end of this World, the signs and events that will herald his return, so there must be some sort of control, a plan , or whatever, to bring these events to fruition.
So where does that leave me?,...... it leaves me to continue trying to bring the light of Gods Justice and Compassion into the Darkness of this tortured World, to try to be Merciful, even to those who cause such suffering, death, cruelty and destruction, despite so often my being consumed by anger at their actions, and to accept that there are so many questions i will never have an answer to in this life, but that in the next, if i'm proven worthy of salvation, all will be made well and all will be understood.
As the Bible says in Micah 6:8 "What does the Lord require of you, but to ACT JUSTLY, and to LOVE MERCY and to WALK HUMBLY WITH YOUR GOD".