• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

God IS GOOD ALL the time!

Active
Ya know, I used to hear that & think "well IF he was so "good" why does he "allow this or that" to happen?

Now I can see why, NOT completely but my eyes are opening slowly but surly.

My mom who is 71 is (as I type) laying in a hospital bed dying of cancer. We found out in July of last year that she had cancer. She has lost tremendous amount of weight in the past three months. She's down to about 89 pounds. The woman laying in the bed doesn't resemble my mom at all. Her voice seems similar but not to the full extent & she can hardly muster words. She hasn't eaten in 4 days so they had to give her a blood transfusion. She's VERY weak. Very very weak & last night I began to cry. I cried because I'm gonna miss her. She & I didn't see eye to eye on many things but I am still going to miss her. I haven't prayed to God to heal her, or to make her better so that she can function. I asked God to take her quickly & quietly. She IS a God fearing woman. Not like the kind you would imagine but God fearing none-the-less.

Then it dawned on me - God gives AND God takes away. WE ALL BELONG TO GOD! We are only rented to our parents, siblings & friends. We are extremely selfish creatures by nature until we gain a relationship with God. I don't want my mom here for me, or my brother or anyone. I want God to do what God wants to do & that's it. Had this been happening 15 years ago I would have been cursing God like no other. Asking about a million whys? & telling him he's being mean, heartless & what I would change in my life if he would just let her live longer only to renege later on my promise I made to him anyway. Then I would have asked "Why me Lord, WHY ME?"

Now I ask "WHY NOT?" God never told anyone that we would live to be 100 or even 1 day old. WE EXPECT it & become angry when WE don't get things OUR way. Then it's all shoved on God for the reasons why we drink, why we hurt, why we failed, why we didn't get the job, why we didn't ...........

If I claim to be a Christian I will also have to claim HIS WILL if it is painful or joyful. Claiming Christianity in good times & becoming bitter in times of pain isn't being a Christian, That's only human. ANYONE & EVERYONE does that. Christianity is ACCEPTING that this is ALL Gods property & WE are just blessed to be a part of it. We don't own ANYTHING. Not even our bodies. That too belongs to God almighty! I'm thankful he has loaned me the mom he did. I'm honored that God himself selected the people I have had the privilege of being around.

Sure I'm sad that I won't be able to make a call & hear my mom answer the phone or see her drive up to my house BUT that's only temporary anyway. My mom needs rest. Lots & lots of it. Her lil tiny body is exhausted. It would be selfish of me to want to keep her here struggling to make it to the bathroom or even to cook a meal. God IS running this show & HE & ONLY HE has the last word no matter how bad our hearts may hurt. He's there to heal the heart too. Not everyone dies when it just seems right. Healthy people pass away too. God IS behind that also. He can do whatever HE wants to. It's up to US Christians to Praise HIM anyway. This short time we humans have on this earth is less than a second in the eyes of God. Eternity is just that - Forever & ever. And to just think of spending forever & ever WITH God HIMSELF?? That idea alone has my mind wanting to burst wide open because I can't even begin to daydream about it. It's far to out there for a human brain.

I guess what I am saying here is if we Christians accept the good from God we must also accept the painful things just as willingly. We are always so giddy & happy when we are blessed with the things that WE ask for & things that make our lives easier. So we must also be willing to accept the things that do not make our lives easier & issues that have us feel hopeless. The evidence here is the fact that had it not been for God himself choosing lil ole worthless me I would be drunk somewhere, blaming God for my pain & not seeing or even caring to see his way. NOW, That's all I can do. He's showing me how much we do belong to him, the air we inhale belongs to him & what he does is all HIM. We've just got to quit fighting the currant & let God do HIS job. He will ease the pain & open your heart if you just simply stop, sit & listen. He will even comfort you & give you a reason to smile at a time when most buckle & fall.

Job 14:5 (NLT)
5 You have decided the length of our lives. You know how many months we will live, and we are not given a minute longer.

PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD, PRAISE ALMIGHTY GOD!!

Staff Member
That you are there I'm sure is a comfort to your mother. I'm sure she is probably as amazed as you are in the changes that have occurred in you. Yet, being a woman of God. Maybe, not so much surprised but with a feeling of joy that she has had the opportunity to see them happen in you.

My prayers and my heart go out to you and your family Dear Sister.
YBIC
C4E
<><

Active
Thank you!!!! My mom is still hanging on. But we are told that she's gonna have that sit down with Jesus himself & I'm kinda jealous but I'll wait my turn. I've got some knowledge of God to spread first I spoze.

God knew the very second of our conception & he also knows the time of our passing

ALL GLORY TO GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!♡

Staff Member
@LordKnows
I heard this on my way to work this morning and thought of you dear sister and what you're going through with your mom.

Kutless - Even if

It's been a few years, but I still feel the loss of my mother and yet rejoice that she is where I want to be.

Know that you have brothers & sister in Christ Jesus who love you and uphold you in their prayers.

Just as I do, hold on to what a grand reunion there will be one day!!!!
YBIC
C4E
<><

Active
Thank you Jesus Lovers. My mom did leave for Heaven at 1:32 P.M. Feb 22. She's heaven bound this I know. Knowing just that fact has made this time of sadness so much different. I'm actually glad she's no longer in any pain. She LOVED the Lord. She honestly did & does. I am in a way jealous only because I can not wait to finally meet face to face with God himself. Gosh just thinking about that gives me goose bumps.

Thanks again everyone I love Christ & his followers.

GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME

Thinking of you Sister....

What a great perspective. I lost my mom and dad fairly close together, my dad just passed a year ago. I do believe my Dad had faith, and I believe if he ever heard the Gospel he took it as his own. Maybe Jesus was super good and shared it with Him during his last hours here. I can only hope.. and I sure hope I see him :)

Death scares me still ....but actually not as much the more I am growing in Christ. So, reading what you wrote was super cool. It made sense and struck me as truth. Thanks for putting it out here even while you are going through what you are. Wanted u to know that God used it ;)

Prayers for healing, peace, joyous memories and a deeper understanding for you ...... ((hugs))
Ellie

Ya know, I used to hear that & think "well IF he was so "good" why does he "allow this or that" to happen?

Now I can see why, NOT completely but my eyes are opening slowly but surly.

My mom who is 71 is (as I type) laying in a hospital bed dying of cancer. We found out in July of last year that she had cancer. She has lost tremendous amount of weight in the past three months. She's down to about 89 pounds. The woman laying in the bed doesn't resemble my mom at all. Her voice seems similar but not to the full extent & she can hardly muster words. She hasn't eaten in 4 days so they had to give her a blood transfusion. She's VERY weak. Very very weak & last night I began to cry. I cried because I'm gonna miss her. She & I didn't see eye to eye on many things but I am still going to miss her. I haven't prayed to God to heal her, or to make her better so that she can function. I asked God to take her quickly & quietly. She IS a God fearing woman. Not like the kind you would imagine but God fearing none-the-less.

Then it dawned on me - God gives AND God takes away. WE ALL BELONG TO GOD! We are only rented to our parents, siblings & friends. We are extremely selfish creatures by nature until we gain a relationship with God. I don't want my mom here for me, or my brother or anyone. I want God to do what God wants to do & that's it. Had this been happening 15 years ago I would have been cursing God like no other. Asking about a million whys? & telling him he's being mean, heartless & what I would change in my life if he would just let her live longer only to renege later on my promise I made to him anyway. Then I would have asked "Why me Lord, WHY ME?"

Now I ask "WHY NOT?" God never told anyone that we would live to be 100 or even 1 day old. WE EXPECT it & become angry when WE don't get things OUR way. Then it's all shoved on God for the reasons why we drink, why we hurt, why we failed, why we didn't get the job, why we didn't ...........

If I claim to be a Christian I will also have to claim HIS WILL if it is painful or joyful. Claiming Christianity in good times & becoming bitter in times of pain isn't being a Christian, That's only human. ANYONE & EVERYONE does that. Christianity is ACCEPTING that this is ALL Gods property & WE are just blessed to be a part of it. We don't own ANYTHING. Not even our bodies. That too belongs to God almighty! I'm thankful he has loaned me the mom he did. I'm honored that God himself selected the people I have had the privilege of being around.

Sure I'm sad that I won't be able to make a call & hear my mom answer the phone or see her drive up to my house BUT that's only temporary anyway. My mom needs rest. Lots & lots of it. Her lil tiny body is exhausted. It would be selfish of me to want to keep her here struggling to make it to the bathroom or even to cook a meal. God IS running this show & HE & ONLY HE has the last word no matter how bad our hearts may hurt. He's there to heal the heart too. Not everyone dies when it just seems right. Healthy people pass away too. God IS behind that also. He can do whatever HE wants to. It's up to US Christians to Praise HIM anyway. This short time we humans have on this earth is less than a second in the eyes of God. Eternity is just that - Forever & ever. And to just think of spending forever & ever WITH God HIMSELF?? That idea alone has my mind wanting to burst wide open because I can't even begin to daydream about it. It's far to out there for a human brain.

I guess what I am saying here is if we Christians accept the good from God we must also accept the painful things just as willingly. We are always so giddy & happy when we are blessed with the things that WE ask for & things that make our lives easier. So we must also be willing to accept the things that do not make our lives easier & issues that have us feel hopeless. The evidence here is the fact that had it not been for God himself choosing lil ole worthless me I would be drunk somewhere, blaming God for my pain & not seeing or even caring to see his way. NOW, That's all I can do. He's showing me how much we do belong to him, the air we inhale belongs to him & what he does is all HIM. We've just got to quit fighting the currant & let God do HIS job. He will ease the pain & open your heart if you just simply stop, sit & listen. He will even comfort you & give you a reason to smile at a time when most buckle & fall.

Job 14:5 (NLT)
5 You have decided the length of our lives. You know how many months we will live, and we are not given a minute longer.

PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD, PRAISE ALMIGHTY GOD!!
God knows what good is, not that he himself is good. Forget what Jesus said, he wanted people to be good over evil but at the same time claimed of himself "Who do you call good?"

Staff Member
not that he himself is good. Forget what Jesus said,

Greetings,

It appears that contrary to what you say, the Lord expressly did say that God is good.
please see Luke 18:19 and Mark 10:18

and it is by no means good advice to, "Forget what Jesus said," as you state here.

Perhaps you could explain more precisely what you mean, please?

And every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Matthew 7:26

Whosoever cometh to Me, and heareth My sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
Luke 6:47-48

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him. He that loveth Me not keepeth not My sayings: and the word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me.

These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 14:23-26

Bless you ....><>

Greetings,

It appears that contrary to what you say, the Lord expressly did say that God is good.
please see Luke 18:19 and Mark 10:18

and it is by no means good advice to, "Forget what Jesus said," as you state here.

Perhaps you could explain more precisely what you mean, please?

And every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Matthew 7:26

Whosoever cometh to Me, and heareth My sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
Luke 6:47-48

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him. He that loveth Me not keepeth not My sayings: and the word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me.

These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 14:23-26

Bless you ....><>
I will, the terminology when using the word good almost always means a positive in the mind of the user.This is what God forbade Adam & Eve to act on, which resulted in termination from the garden of Eden. God is indeed good but not of the values of positive or negative, values which most people base their belief systems on today.

What is good then?

A relationship.