• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

God Delivers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
and Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, stood before it in those days), saying, "Shall I yet again go out to battle against the children of my brother Benjamin, or shall I cease?" And the LORD said, "Go up, for tomorrow I will deliver them into your hand." Judges 20:28

After losing forty thousand men in two successive battles against Benjamin, Israel sought the Lord, asking whether they should do battle a third time. You can understand why they were leery of doing so after losing one-tenth of their troops (Judges 20:2). But the Lord promised to deliver Benjamin into their hand--and He did so.

Israel exhibited great trust in God's promise by going back into battle.

Are you experiencing continued defeat on a work project, in communicating with your family, or in sharing the Gospel with a coworker, friend, or neighbor? Are you seeking the Lord, asking Him if you should attempt to do something once more?

If you are, and if you're sensing His leading to go back, will you exhibit the same sort of faith and trust that Israel exhibited? Israel obeyed God, and He delivered Benjamin into their hands. He can do the same for you.

Prayer: Lord, I'm not always quick to seek Your guidance, and I've experienced setbacks as a result. Strengthen my faith to seek Your face and Your wisdom so I can engage in battle with boldness and confidence, believing that You will go before me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Water Cooler 0