• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

God Creating Hardships

Loyal
Does God "cause" hardships. Semantics might say.. does He "allow" hardships.

Jas 1:2; Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,
Jas 1:3; knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
Jas 1:4; And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

1 Pet 1:6; In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials,
1 Pet 1:7; so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

There have been a few threads on TJ lately about being "perfect". These have further turned into discussions about
"instant" perfection, versus "gradual" perfection. Does God allow these things to happen "only" because there is sin in our lives?

Jesus had a "bad day" once. It wasn't because of His sins, it was because of ours.
Yet, I think in reality... Jesus had a lot of bad days before that day. Was it because He sinned?

Loyal
Now I do have to say.. sometimes "collateral damage" IS because of sin. I didn't mean to say it never happens that way.

Josh 7:1; But the sons of Israel acted unfaithfully in regard to the things under the ban, for Achan, the son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi, the son of Zerah, from the tribe of Judah, took some of the things under the ban, therefore the anger of the LORD burned against the sons of Israel.

One guy, out of all the Israelite's took some things God told them not to.
Shortly after this they are in a battle.

Josh 7:5; The men of Ai struck down about thirty-six of their men, and pursued them from the gate as far as Shebarim and struck them down on the descent, so the hearts of the people melted and became as water.

36 Israelite men are killed... (Achan isn't one them interestingly enough)

Josh 7:11; "Israel has sinned, and they have also transgressed My covenant which I commanded them. And they have even taken some of the things under the ban and have both stolen and deceived. Moreover, they have also put them among their own things.
Josh 7:12; "Therefore the sons of Israel cannot stand before their enemies; they turn their backs before their enemies, for they have become accursed. I will not be with you anymore unless you destroy the things under the ban from your midst.

It seems God removed His "blessing"... or His "covering" over the Israelites because of the sin of one man.

Josh 7:24; Then Joshua and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, the silver, the mantle, the bar of gold, his sons, his daughters, his oxen, his donkeys, his sheep, his tent and all that belonged to him; and they brought them up to the valley of Achor.
Josh 7:25; Joshua said, "Why have you troubled us? The LORD will trouble you this day." And all Israel stoned them with stones; and they burned them with fire after they had stoned them with stones.
Josh 7:26; They raised over him a great heap of stones that stands to this day, and the LORD turned from the fierceness of His anger. Therefore the name of that place has been called the valley of Achor to this day.

So because of this... Achan... (and his "innocent" family) his sons and daughters were stoned and burned.
Yet this is the thing.. that "turned the fierceness of (God's) anger" away from the Israelites.

Loyal
Does God punish others in your family because of "your" sins?

Exod 20:5; "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,
Exod 34:7; who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations."
Numb 14:18; 'The LORD is slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generations.'
Deut 5:9; 'You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,

The apostles seem to think hardships could be passed because of generational sins.

John 9:1; As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth.
John 9:2; And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?"

This is a interestingly question. He was born blind... so how could he have sinned before he was born? But the parents are still a a possibility. Yet Jesus says it wasn't because of his parents.

Loyal
I am trying to understand this so let me sum up what I think you are saying Jim, any trials and tribulations a person has he brings on him self because he opened the door for satan?? is this what you are saying Jim??
No not all. What I am saying is there are things we do that open the door for satan. God has to allow these things because we have permission.

Scripture says satan is doing what?
Looking for some one to devour .
Why looking?
Because he needs a door, a legal right to get in.

To the unbeliever it's natural to give way BUT to the Believer we have been warned and told what to do in order to not give satan access.

People claim God Allowed as of God had a choice in the matter. He does not if we give satan right.

The problem for MOST Christians is they have no REAL idea how our enemy the devil works. They only think they do.

Blessings to you

Loyal
It's so convenient to say God did this or God Allowed it for some reason and find bits and pieces of scripture thinking this backs that belief.

satan through religious hand me down doctrine has for far to long Got Born Again Believers looking to God for every tragedy. He has Christians blaming God and putting all the Focus on God.

Pretty cool deal for satan. he slips around in the shadows and goes un-noticed. People blame God for what he does INSTEAD OF Running him out.

No place in the new testament are we told to pray and God will do something about the devil.
God told us to cast out demons , heal the sick and so forth.

He said take every thought captive. He means EVERY thought. AND
So much more.

Ever notice scriptures says wiles or trickery of the devil? he has no power over us unless we give it to him.

Loyal
It seems to me... the purpose of Satan testing Job... was to see if he "would" sin when the trials came.
Verse 22 says he (Job) did not sin. (at least on this day). Yet Job acknowledges "the LORD has taken away".
But he did this in a way... "nor did he blame God".

satan wanted to kill job.
satan wanted Job to curse God because he knew he could kill job.

Come on guys!! NOT ALL THINGS in the Bible Are inspired Scripture.

Yet Job acknowledges "the LORD has taken away". THAT IS NOT SCRIPTURE. That was more of Job and By the end God Straightened job out.

Loyal
Want to talk about Hardships and Tragedies

Let's look back to 9 - 11

Many folks believe that God Allowed it for so many various ignorant reasons.

Facts many Christians and Un-Saved people died AND yet many were Spared. WHY IS THIS?

After listening to countless testimonies - it's easy to see.
Far Too Many Christians are NOT Spirit lead and that is not the fault of God.

Many people said they either knew they should not go to work that day or just did not have any peace about going.

Many did not go - SPARED

Msny of Those that went said they had all sorts of things trying to slow them down and still felt like they should not go.

Now after the first attack.
EVERY ONE WAS EVACUATED

Many Christians and some un-saved said they felt they needed to leave.
But money and job security was more important.

One Born Again Believer Reports he heard inside him to NOT ALLOW ANY ONE TO GO BACK IN NO MATTER WHAT.

He also began to tell folks this. Both saved and unsaved treated him as if he were off his rovker, a false or fake Christian.

He reported The Holy Spirit kept saying DO NOT GO BACK IN.

Now the ALL CLEAR SIGN WAS GIVEN. Go back to work!!

This man kept telling them that God said DON'T GO BACK IN.

This went on for awhile as people began making their way back to their offices.

The gentle man began telling people to NOT GO and RUN.
SOME believers and non believers were on the fence undecided.

The man reported the Holy Spirit Yelled inside of him....RUN NOW and told him the direction.

He told them one last time and began to run as the Holy Spirit Said.
Then a number of Christians and Non Christians ran following this guy.

THEY TELL THE STORY
THOSE WHO REFUSED TO LISTEN AND THAT WENT BACK IN DIED!!

A few believers have reported seeking God on why He did not stop it. He replied - I told EVERY ONE to not go.
He said they WOULD NOT HEAR ME .

Loyal
Come on guys!! NOT ALL THINGS in the Bible Are inspired Scripture.

Yet Job acknowledges "the LORD has taken away". THAT IS NOT SCRIPTURE. That was more of Job and By the end God Straightened job out.

Hmmmm..... so how do you pick out which parts are inspired by God?

Matt 5:45; so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

1 Sam 16:14; Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD terrorized him.
1 Sam 18:10; Now it came about on the next day that an evil spirit from God came mightily upon Saul, and he raved in the midst of the house, while David was playing the harp with his hand, as usual; and a spear was in Saul's hand.

1 Sam 2:6; "The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to Sheol and raises up.

Psa 78:59; When God heard, He was filled with wrath And greatly abhorred Israel;

[KJV] Isa 45:7; I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

People know many of the names God is called by...
Jehovah-Jireh ... God provides,
Jehovah-Raphi ... God heals
Jehovah-Shalom .... God of peace

One of His names is
Jehovah Qanna ... God is jealous
( Exod 34:14; )
H7067
קַנָּא
qannâ'
kan-naw'
From H7065; jealous: - jealous. Compare H7072.
Total KJV occurrences: 6

People don't like these verses.... how do we decide which ones to throw out?

Rom 9:11; for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God's purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls,
Rom 9:12; it was said to her, "THE OLDER WILL SERVE THE YOUNGER."
Rom 9:13; Just as it is written, "JACOB I LOVED, BUT ESAU I HATED."
Rom 9:14; What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be!
Rom 9:15; For He says to Moses, "I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION."

Loyal
How about another example of doing things our own way .

High School Party Night.
I was the only sophomore guy invited.
Waited weeks for this party cruise .

I knew that I knew I should not go. I did not care about that, I am going party cruising in the old impala.

Last minute I got so angry with what I said this nagging feeling to not go that I did not go.

They ALL WERE KILLED as they got run over by a Train.

Now my family could have blamed God if I had died. Why would you allow this?.

DISOBEDIENCE and getting out some place you have no place being. Out side of God's Protection doing your own thing.

Loyal
Here is another Area that goes un-studied .
The Covenants Between God and Man.

They ALL WERE sealed in Blood.
Study them. Find out how God came down and Walk in the Blood with man.

Find out How Mightily God Honors and Takes His Covenants with man.

People like to use - God is the same today as He was yesterday.
This is True - God never changes.
...........HOWEVER...............
His Covenant with man did.

What does this mean to you and Me?
Plenty!!
God will not BREAK His end of the covenant even though man does.
He will stay obligated or held to His Words until the set time.

This means, Until the set time is up God will abide by His Own Words.
This means we must know and fully understand our part.

Our Part - Simple, it's His Will for man or another words His Word to us.

The world is under the curse and it's full of evil.

To the Born Again man we have been given our Authority and Power Back AND SET INSTRUCTIONS on how to live in order to activate, to use it and experience His Promises to us.

It's only when we do that we experience the things of God in our lives and rise up above as He has put forth for us to do.

For the Christian who refuses to do so, they will struggle and dwell as the unsaved do.
They will NOT RISE ABOVE Nor will they flourish or see God working in and through them.

Remember God Will Not do for us what He has Already Given, told or commanded us to do.

Loyal
I am not going to argue not push anything at you. I am just planting seed and it's up to you to find out for your selves.

SOME might remember my past or where God delivered me from. He loves us dearly .

I spent over 20 years getting whipped by our enemy after I got born again blaming God and decievingly believing it was His Will for me. After All it is what the church has been teaching.

Then I met some believers who knew better and they were so alive and real and always full of Joy no matter what.
I had to have what they had.

So I made up my mind and told His I was coming for His heart and I would not take no for an answer.

He began to pour Himself out to me.
My Life began to change.
I admit somewhere down the road I got caught up again with the affairs of life again but it did not take me long to wake up.

I will not ever loose sight of God again nor will I ever function within all this religious hand me down traditions that have been taught year after year after year.

Blessings to you

Loyal
Ever wondered why some Christians flourish and others suffer?

Instead of saying, well it must be God's Will and we never know what God will do because after all God does what ever He wants.....

Forget that stupidity
Go Seek God and His Word and Find Out Why for yourselves. Don't take anyone's word.......find out for your self
Blessings to you

Loyal
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
Ok Dave, lol
All Scripture......some of the junk job said is not scripture.

Scripture is Anointed of God!
Man's ramblings that he later repented of are not anointed words of God.

You can learn from them....don't do it.
Blessings

Loyal
Exactly an enemy. Not God

I really don't have any time or attitude.
I was writing fast in between breaks. Maybe that's it.
I apologize if I sounded harsh.
Blessings to you
No need to apologize, brother. I was thinking you were sick, ( not sick of me, lol)