• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

God and Your Mental Health

What does the Bible say about mental health? Should Christians use mental health medication? Should Christians use modern mental health strategies? How can a Christian deal with depression, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, and other mental health issues? Here are 5 signs God is leading you to focus more on your mental health as a Christian.

Loyal
1st Thing a "christians" should do is to identify, confess and eliminate all practicing sins in their life, without any excuses and then they are able to restore their fellowship with God. Then they are restore in the fellowship of believers and into collected prayer of all believers in the body of Christian automatically. Then the restoration process has begun. The written WORD READING is a necessity, for it is the bread of life, and a light unto your path and guide for your feet.

Doing these hard times, must likely you will not be able to pray. But you will be able to talk to God, "Child of GOD". For Jesus is making "intercessory" for you, he really knows what is going on. That is why He is there. "He is making intercessory for His own". and not The World.

(Romans 8:34)
It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

Loyal
All good advice about approaching medication. I think he's overlooked the power and importance of co-dependence on our brothers and sisters in Christ.

See 1 kings 19. When Elijah was struck by depression deep enough that he wanted to die, part of God's response was to give him a companion, Elisha, and 7,000 faithful worshippers.

Brothers and sisters don't always need expertise to help is through dark places -- just the willingness to stick by, keep praying, and keep listening and caring.

Loyal
i don't think i mention or address medication. A human being as far as i concern is a corrupt sinner. and has no power what so ever. I said Go to God but since some think God is not enough to help you. But mY GOD is strong enough by HIMSelf and He needs no aid by a sinner. My God has ALL Power! And there is no Power left for anyone. And for Me ALL means ALL!

King James 2000 Bible
And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Active
What does the Bible say about mental health? Should Christians use mental health medication? Should Christians use modern mental health strategies? How can a Christian deal with depression, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, and other mental health issues? Here are 5 signs God is leading you to focus more on your mental health as a Christian.

I think you should read the Bible until you fully understand that salvation is a free gift from God and follow your
doctor's advice!