• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Go, Preach the Gospel

Staff Member
Then Amos answered and said to Amaziah, "I was no prophet, nor a prophet's son, but I was a herdsman and a dresser of sycamore figs. But the LORD took me from following the flock, and the LORD said to me, 'Go, prophesy to my people Israel.' Amos 7:14-15 ESV

The false priest Amaziah grew tired of Amos’s preaching against Israel. He went so far as to tell King Jeroboam that Amos was conspiring against him (Amos 7:10). In today’s key verse, however, Amos said he wasn’t in the line of prophets. He was minding his own business as a herdsman and farmer when the Lord told him to prophesy to His rebellious people.

The Lord often uses the weak to shame the strong (1 Corinthians 1:17). He likes to call ordinary people to do extraordinary things for the kingdom. He transforms sinners into saints, giving them a new nature and a new calling.

God probably has not called you to prophesy to the people living in Israel today, but He has called you out of darkness to proclaim light and liberty to the people living around you. Have you been obedient? You have if you have attracted an Amaziah in your life—someone who feels uncomfortable with your message. All the more reason to keep speaking God’s truth.

Prayer: Lord, my vocation feels pretty ordinary. I definitely don’t feel like a prophet. Yet I’m willing to proclaim the Gospel today.

Staff Member
Dear @twcstp111
When you are alive in Christ Jesus, death is the furthest thing from your mind!! At least it should be. Too often we Christians can easily become the worriers that we tell others they shouldn't be, if they only have Christ Jesus in their lives. We have so much to look forward to as Christians, that the life we are living at the moment seems like so much less. That even though in certain respects that may be true, we should never minimize the life that we are living, especially by worry about it! For worry takes away from enjoying the life we live, no matter what trial or tribulation we might be going through. Not always easy, but when we come to Jesus, and receive the peace that is difficult for those without Him, to understand. It allows us to rejoice during even the most trying of times.

An example of this is Paul & Silas who after being beaten were imprisoned in chains. Any guesses what they spent their time doing? But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Act 16:25 NKJV Now how many folks do you know of that after being beaten would be praying & singing? Especially the singing part!!! You should take the time and read this particular account.

Just remember that in Jesus Christ, one is alive as never before. Death doesn't have a hold on you, like it did before you knew Him.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
Dear @twcstp111
When you are alive in Christ Jesus, death is the furthest thing from your mind!! At least it should be. Too often we Christians can easily become the worriers that we tell others they shouldn't be, if they only have Christ Jesus in their lives. We have so much to look forward to as Christians, that the life we are living at the moment seems like so much less. That even though in certain respects that may be true, we should never minimize the life that we are living, especially by worry about it! For worry takes away from enjoying the life we live, no matter what trial or tribulation we might be going through. Not always easy, but when we come to Jesus, and receive the peace that is difficult for those without Him, to understand. It allows us to rejoice during even the most trying of times.

An example of this is Paul & Silas who after being beaten were imprisoned in chains. Any guesses what they spent their time doing? But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Act 16:25 NKJV Now how many folks do you know of that after being beaten would be praying & singing? Especially the singing part!!! You should take the time and read this particular account.

Just remember that in Jesus Christ, one is alive as never before. Death doesn't have a hold on you, like it did before you knew Him.

Nick
\o/
<><

When I think to myself, that the keys to world peace, the guardian of life--when I think to myself, that the door of heaven can fit in my palm, and when I look at the hope that is in Christ and God, I become so frustrated. I fear the loss of the opportunity to open the door to a better world where all generations to come are truly living in the spirit of truth.

I continue to see the despairing images of the past 100 years and it is vexing; the scriptural verse which goes 'and the weakest among them shall be like david' is one of the key verses which shows me what is missing, and for the same degree that I can see it, I can see also how difficult it is to establish and how carefully it must be done--there is no room for error, none at all.

I find that the weight is so heavy, because the need is so great.

Staff Member
When I think to myself, that the keys to world peace, the guardian of life--when I think to myself, that the door of heaven can fit in my palm, and when I look at the hope that is in Christ and God, I become so frustrated. I fear the loss of the opportunity to open the door to a better world where all generations to come are truly living in the spirit of truth.

I continue to see the despairing images of the past 100 years and it is vexing; the scriptural verse which goes 'and the weakest among them shall be like david' is one of the key verses which shows me what is missing, and for the same degree that I can see it, I can see also how difficult it is to establish and how carefully it must be done--there is no room for error, none at all.

I find that the weight is so heavy, because the need is so great.
Dear twcstp111,
Always know that you don't have to carry any weight alone, but that which like Paul had to. So, that pride that can afflict any man does not overcome one. Many times the weight that we carry is of our own making, because He carries it for us, if we would but turn to Him (Matt 11:28-30).

We but await His return, while we continue as Ambassadors to spread the Gospel that the World needs to hear, and in Christ Jesus receive. Until then, cast the worries, and cares away that you don't become overwhelmed by the things we have little to no control over. He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:11 NKJV

My heart used to be so heavy in the thought that so many were walking around without a care in the World, without any consideration for what was in store for them without Jesus. Then I came to understand that each persons Salvation was dependent upon being called and receiving Him, our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. However until that awakening happened to me, I would shed tears for them. Instead, now I pray for them that don't know the Lord, that they might receive Him.

Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord [be] with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3:16 NKJV

Nick
\o/
<><