• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Giving ??

Loyal
the bible tells us to basically give to anyone who ask at any time.

Luke 6:30
Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back.

or does it? is the below verse suggesting we use discernment ?

2 Corinthians 9:7
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

what are some guidelines that you use for your giving?

I love giving but recently to a certain organization I have become reluctant, however to other organizations I am cheerful as ever.

looking for advice thoughts

Loyal
what are some guidelines that you use for your giving?

You will find many who would welcome you by giving them food or other things a thumbs up. If you are trying to spread the Gospel this way, you will find that most will not receive your words, but will welcome more of what you gave before. Jesus experienced this in his life. After feeding the five thousand, and going to the other side, this same group of people went looking for Jesus, not because of the miracles which he performed, or his words, but because they wanted Jesus to feed them again!!

John 6:25 And when they found Him on the other side of the lake, they said to Him, Rabbi! When did You come here?
John 6:26 Jesus answered them, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, you have been searching for Me, not because you saw the miracles and signs but because you were fed with the loaves and were filled and satisfied.

I think you need to use wisdom when giving to people, as there are a lot who will just use you, and really don't care about what you say to them.