• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Giving God the credit

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
When do accomplish good things or things that are normally beyond our means, some of us give God the credit... rightfully so. Some of us aren't so good to always give Him the credit.

But when we fail... some of are also good to give God the credit. I wouldn't have done that sin, if God would have given me the ability not to do it.

There are of course some who believe that God "won't let" you fail. ..yet the funny thing is... those same
people will tell you they fail every day. They sin almost all the time.

So if God gets "all" the credit... does that mean He gets the credit when we fail? Let me explain a little here.
It may be that we prayed for something like, God help me get a raise, or a new car, or that my team will win.
But it's possible God doesn't want you have a raise, or a new car, or even that your team will win.

On the other hand... God never wants us to sin. But sometimes Christians do. Some are even quick to remind
you, "I can do nothing without Jesus, He gets all the credit". But then they turn around and continue living a
life of sin... some even give the credit to Jesus for this.

Heh heh... God must not not really mind me doing those sins... He hasn't stopped me yet.
God won't let me fail.... so whatever I'm doing must be OK with Him.

That way we can give Him credit for extra grace.

You can't really have it both ways. Either God lets you fail, or He doesn't. Again, I'm not talking about doing a miracle here, I'm simply talking about not sinning. The same God that lets you make your choices to fail, will also let you make the choices to fall "too far".

Some of us need to "man up" (or woman up as the case may be) and take responsibility for our own failings.
Instead of giving God the credit for us sinning. We need to take the credit for it.
God will let you sin as much as you want to. If you decide to make a lifestyle of it... God will let you.
We prove this every single time we sin.... God lets us do what we want to do.

One thing that has been proven of the course of many threads over man years. Is that those who believe God won't you go "too far". Have a lot looser standard of what "too far" is. Because what ever sin I'm doing must be OK with God... because he wouldn't let me do it, if it wasn't OK.

Active
When do accomplish good things or things that are normally beyond our means, some of us give God the credit... rightfully so. Some of us aren't so good to always give Him the credit.

But when we fail... some of are also good to give God the credit. I wouldn't have done that sin, if God would have given me the ability not to do it.

There are of course some who believe that God "won't let" you fail. ..yet the funny thing is... those same

So if God gets "all" the credit... does that mean He gets the credit when we fail? Let me explain a little here.
It may be that we prayed for something like, God help me get a raise, or a new car, or that my team will win.
But it's possible God doesn't want you have a raise, or a new car, or even that your team will win.

On the other hand... God never wants us to sin. But sometimes Christians do. Some are even quick to remind
you, "I can do nothing without Jesus, He gets all the credit". But then they turn around and continue living a

Heh heh... God must not not really mind me doing those sins... He hasn't stopped me yet.

You can't really have it both ways. Either God lets you fail, or He doesn't. Again, I'm not talking about doing a miracle here, I'm simply talking about not sinning. The same God that lets you make your choices to fail, will also let you make the choices to fall "too far".

Some of us need to "man up" (or woman up as the case may be) and take responsibility for our own failings.
Instead of giving God the credit for us sinning. We need to take the credit for it.
God will let you sin as much as you want to. If you decide to make a lifestyle of it... God will let you.

One thing that has been proven of the course of many threads over man years. Is that those who believe God won't you go "too far". Have a lot looser standard of what "too far" is. Because what ever sin I'm doing must be OK with God... because he wouldn't let me do it, if it wasn't OK.
Had you substituted the word "blame" for "credit", the mind of the sinner would be more clearly seen.
Only the most deluded soul would imagine "crediting" God for wickedness.
Thankfully, I have never run into one with such a mind.

They need to be reminded that scripture says those born of God's seed cannot bring forth evil fruit. (Matt 7:18, 1 John 3:9)
Their sin proves they are not yet born of God.

Loyal
the bible tells us to give thanks in all things all means all :smile:

1 Thessalonians 5:18
give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

the worst moments in my entire life when I was at my lowest point I give thanks to the Lord almighty because that is what it took to bring me out of my darkness into light. God often uses the worst in us to get the best out of us.

I find it hard to follow you.

Loyal
A verse that is very applicable here is this:

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Rom 8:28

If our hearts are always toward God even in the midst of what to our flesh may seem the worst of times, will not the good be in it? Consider what Joseph said here to his brothers who sold him into slavery:

"But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive." Gen 50:20

Loyal
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Rom 8:28
... Hmmm... "those who love God... how do we know if we "love" God?

John 14:15; "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
John 14:21; "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."

Loyal

John 14:21; "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."
I love this, to me it says put your money where your mouth is !!! everyone says they love God they believe in God, but but how many of us actually know what that means according to the bible?? and the bible is what matters not what we think

Loyal

Another may not know, but I should know about myself as you should know about yourself. God most certainly knows about each of us. Of course, some may want to argue about what His commandments are, but such an argument will not necessarily be helpful.

Give God the glory!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dave M Devotionals 1
Jimmie Bible Discussions 0
Chad Devotionals 0